Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can we get a NEW UP DATED WEBSITE ALREADY?

Posted by Johnathan Nyce 
Re: Can we get a NEW UP DATED WEBSITE ALREADY?
April 17, 2013 07:17PM
We gonna do our best to make a great website and do our best to maintain that website, if the BOD so choose that path

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 18, 2013 06:48AM
Well, if possible, I would like to see numbers on the website and see the differences. I would like to see an estimate of how much would be made, how much it will cost to maintain, who would be doing the maintaining, and many more things. I understand that I am not on the BOD but this is supposed to be a "players" series and this player would like some numbers that would add up to a smart decision.
April 18, 2013 07:53AM
Again, we are in the very early stages of talks as to the functions of the site. Pricing hasn't been discussed at all.

Functions:
TDs will be able to post updates to their events
TDs will be able to post results to their events
Results page will populate points/ratings page as well as an accounts leger as far as fees are concerned. This will give players the ability to see SN accounts at any time.
Site will have a map page that pins each course throughout the SN area. When pin is highlighted it will give a brief description of course and tell of upcoming events.
There will be banner space available for rent/sell. We are hoping this will generate enough funds to operate the site once it is in place.
We will for sure keep everyone up to speed as we proceed with this project.
April 18, 2013 08:54AM
Thanks.
April 18, 2013 10:48AM
Finally some steps going in the right direction. For the pins on the maps please include the Address of said parks. Should look something like this.

Park Name:
Park Address:

Contact # if available:
Information on Club & Events:
April 18, 2013 11:45AM
and GPS coordinates

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 18, 2013 01:04PM
I am confident the SN and my web developer will get the details hashed out, and then we can proceed with website creation

April 18, 2013 01:12PM
great ideas

Terry Zeringue
April 19, 2013 04:19PM
I've always thought it would be nice to have a media section with pictures and videos from events.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
May 08, 2013 11:45AM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am confident the SN and my web developer will
> get the details hashed out, and then we can
> proceed with website creation

Any headway made on this yet? would be awesone to start the 2013-2014 season with all the kool features in place ... especially ratings!
May 08, 2013 02:52PM
We are awaiting the SN to respond with exactly what it is they want, so a quote can be generated

October 07, 2013 04:34PM
manglin
--during upload of results auto create SNID's in the system for players who don't provide an ID

This is an obvoius flaw of the current site in comparision to PDGA memberships (player id#), but explain how autocreation of John Smith's player id# would alleviate the problem if there are several different John Smith's playing on a regular basis? Different auto-created ID# for the same player would create havoc as well. Stats and points become skewed. Simple solution is for SNDG to go with player registration via the site, even charge a small annual fee, and only allow points for paid members .... players stats are cleaner!

But then the SNDG becomes a mini PDGA. Unwanted like the plauge! However, until there is a membership status, unlinked new players, and duplicate names issues will continue and need administrative editing. Is that wanted in a new site?

Membership is a great measuring stick for growth. An open player's series is a great idea, but based on rotating volunteerism, it has fluttered in the wind without direction. If growth is desired, it can not continue in it's present being.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2013 09:15PM
Don't worry about this website getting updated. There were how many SN tournaments in September and they have 2 results posted? LoL Looks like that decision to fire the people updating things is really paying off.

I heard a rumor they were actually getting around to making this season's bag tags...only about 3 months behind.

Posting results, or a treasurer's report? Tell 'em Sweet Brown!

Anonymous User
October 07, 2013 10:55PM
Deadbeats.
October 08, 2013 09:27AM
It would be nice if this website was just functioning correctly. For some reason it will not let me post commas or apostrophes :/
October 08, 2013 09:55PM
And the tournament results page is still on 2 seasons ago lol. If not a new website, at least update this one properly.
October 08, 2013 10:53PM
we update this one daily, you change the year on the results page, thats how it was designed....the new website is in the planning stage

October 08, 2013 11:03PM
niklpenny Wrote:
> we update this one daily, you change the year on
> the results page, thats how it was designed....the
> new website is in the planning stage

Ryan, what will happen to the past results/player stats and the years of old threads that are currently stored on this website?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
October 09, 2013 02:43AM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
> And the tournament results page is still on 2
> seasons ago lol. If not a new website, at least
> update this one properly.

Only Brian Moon can fix that, good luck trying to get in touch with Him.
October 09, 2013 09:05AM
Casey we will try our best to move the stats and results we may leave both websites running for awhile as we move them. unfortunately without Brian Moon, we cannot move the threads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013