Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

4-person tournament, NCDGC style

Posted by hobbit489 
4-person tournament, NCDGC style
April 16, 2013 10:19AM
I'm thinking of running a tournament in the fall (November) where you will compete as a 4-person team to help raise money for the University of South Alabama disc golf teams' return to Nationals in 2014. If everything falls into place, USA should have 2 very strong teams for next year.

Back to the tournament, there would be two divisions: Collegiate and Open (Open meaning everyone who is not part of a university team). We would play a combination of singles rounds and team doubles rounds. The format is taken from NCDGC.com and is described below:

Singles Play

The lowest 3 singles scores per round per team count towards cumulative team score. Each hole should have no more than two teammates competing to prevent conflicts when making rules calls.

Team Doubles Play

Doubles is played with two sets of teammates, one ODD, one EVEN. The ODD set will tee off on every odd-numbered hole, while the EVEN set tees off on every even-numbered holes. After the tee shots, the team chooses which of the two lies to play. From there, the set that did not tee throws their two shots. Again, the whole team decides which lie to play from and the set that teed off would throw. That alternating process continues until the hole is complete. On the next hole, the corresponding set of teammates according to the hole number, ODD or EVEN, would tee off no matter which set putted out on the previous hole. This format allows for each player to tee off the same amount of times and for teams to play as whole. Each hole has two teams playing together as an eight-some.

Would there be any interest in this type of event?
Re: 4-person tournament, NCDGC style
April 16, 2013 10:57AM
Yes, but I would just keep it 1 divisions because what are the odds of getting that many collegiate teams?
April 16, 2013 12:22PM
The odds are pretty good if I get the approval to make it an NCDGC qualifier :)
April 16, 2013 01:20PM
That is true. Would that cause extra fees toward the event?
April 17, 2013 10:47AM
They've completely changed NCDGC qualifiers now, so I don't think this will ever reach the status of a qualifying event. The Alabama slammer is not even a qualifying event anymore. I think the way they do it is they only give out bids at the premier collegiate tournaments.

With that being said, I think it should be just one division also

Mississippi State Disc Golf
April 17, 2013 01:23PM
Actually, the Alabama Slammer is still a qualifier event, but it is not a Premier Qualifier and only gets you into the 1st round (Wednesday next year). If you make the top 20 out of the 1st round, then you get to play the championships. If you don't make top 20, you go to the First Flight championships.
April 17, 2013 04:58PM
I'm in. When can Team Old School sign up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 04:58PM by BERNIE.
April 18, 2013 11:16AM
That would be awesome. I'd bring some BHS teams

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 19, 2013 11:09AM
hobbit489 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, the Alabama Slammer is still a qualifier
> event, but it is not a Premier Qualifier and only
> gets you into the 1st round (Wednesday next year).
> If you make the top 20 out of the 1st round, then
> you get to play the championships. If you don't
> make top 20, you go to the First Flight
> championships.

Yea, I forgot about the whole Wednesday qualifying round. I was more or less talking about the bye seed, because nobody wants to play that Wednesday..

Mississippi State Disc Golf
April 26, 2013 09:53AM
Sounds like a fun event. I really like the format.
July 25, 2013 03:42PM
Bump.

Anyone interested in this?
July 26, 2013 09:43AM
I am.
July 28, 2013 09:46PM
Could and would this be a SN sanctioned event? I'm interested either way.

Do you have a date picked out yet?
July 28, 2013 11:46PM
Right now, I'm thinking not an SN event for the first try. For the date, I think it will either be Nov. 16th or 23rd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013