Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Status of Muni Gold install?

Posted by paHodges 
Re: Status of Muni Gold install?
April 23, 2013 08:55AM
Anyway I'm done with this thread I said my peace on the lines and got bashed and now its all my fault for some reason but its all good Ill definitely live through this always have always will!!!!! See yall next tournament:-)
April 27, 2013 12:47AM
Soooooooo....awkwaaaarrrrd. Uhhhhhh, so does anybody want to answer the initial question I put forth? lol I just enjoyed the course during COM, even as bad as I played, and had heard that thwre were still some issues with getting it installed. Was just curious of the status, thanks guys
April 27, 2013 06:52AM
I too am curious about this... i did spend A LOT of time (and my own money) on this beautiful piece of real estate a few years ago with hopes of seeing it get more utilization by my disc golf family... SSssssoooooo..... What is the answer to "paHodges" question??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and BEFORE anyone tries to say anything "negative", i did what i did for the love of the sport and the "D.G. Family"... i think my efforts did accomplish the goal to see this used more than it had been prior to efforts of myself and those that helped me...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
April 28, 2013 01:19AM
The "city" has to sign off on it first.....
April 30, 2013 06:52PM
They have. When do y'all want to get together & make it happen?
May 01, 2013 12:19AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 12:49AM by Flyerbud.
May 01, 2013 12:39AM
My off days vary drastically but I get four off at a time. Ive never been a part of an install before but am more than willing to pull my own weight by helping. I wont have any weekend days off for another few weeks but am otherwise willing to help all I can
May 01, 2013 05:31AM
I've got plans this weekend Bernie but will be available the following weekend.I'm willing to help.
May 01, 2013 04:39PM
Flyerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....

You should try this approach more often "Buddy".
May 01, 2013 04:44PM
I am off on Mondays, Wednesdays & most weekends. I have gotten a couple of calls & emails about making it happen. So we will get something scheduled soon. I'll keep y'all posted. Anyone know where we can get a good deal or some free concrete? We also have a bunch of plants to landscape courses with. They were generously donated by Flowerwood Nurseries. We need to pick them up & get them planted ASAP. So if you have a truck &/or trailer & wouldn't mind driving to Loxley sometime pleaselet me know about that too.
May 01, 2013 07:26PM
Bernie,

From personal experience if you are getting plants in the ground this late, try and have a watering plan. Maybe golfers could help if water containers are located close on the course or purchase gator bags for trees. It just getts really hot and the plants may not have much time to get the roots settled before the heat of summer gets here.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
May 03, 2013 02:00PM
I live just up the street from loxley, but I dont have a truck or trailer to deliver them. My off days next week are Tue, Wed, Thur, and Fri if I can help some other way
May 03, 2013 02:21PM
it looks real good for me on May 11th to give a days work for this project... just keep us posted.... Thanks Bernie for all your doing...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
May 03, 2013 07:15PM
Bernie,

I am available at the club's convenience to assist in the installation of the remaining pins at gold. Also, I have a truck and a utility trailer and would gladly pick up and deliver the donated plants. I can be reached at the number and email below at any time.

Joey Amacker

(251) 635-3195
voltecserviceco@gmail.com
May 05, 2013 11:05AM
Boom! There u have it.thanks joey

BMB
May 05, 2013 06:24PM
Bernie,
I can get some of the students and alumni out there as a club project to help out. Saturday mornings work best for us. Set a date, and I'll try to get as many helpers out there as I can.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
May 06, 2013 12:10PM
Saturday, 5/11/2013, will be the work day to start the installation of the back nine holes.. At this point i say a start time of 08:30 please pass this info along to those who may not access this forum... we need all the workers we can get... It would really be nice to have this project finished in a single day... Please bring any work tools you may have for this type of project.... "Out~Of~Towners" are welcome and encouraged to come.... Thanks..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
May 06, 2013 01:34PM
Thanks JC. We already have a few able bodies that are committing to be there & help. We will need post hole diggers, shovels, concrete, wheelbarrows, a long level, & anything else you might want to dig a hole with.
May 06, 2013 04:48PM
I've been asked to come into work this weekend.Won't be able to make it on Saturday.
May 07, 2013 08:44AM
Are we meeting in the back parking lot of the museum?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
May 07, 2013 10:28AM
Parking: Yes at the museum or directly across the street....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
May 07, 2013 12:06PM
Im limited in tools at the moment, I think the only thing I can provide is a level. I have to be at work at 4:30 in the afternoon so until then im good for whatever
May 13, 2013 01:58PM
Did the course get installed? Last I heard the work day was cancelled, but I was just told by somebody that the baskets are up.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
May 13, 2013 06:47PM
It was pretty back & forth trying to decide what to do in regards to the weather. We heard it was postponed until 10:30 or so, then it was cancelled altogether. A group was available to try it again that afternoon and got all of the sleeves in (as far as I know).

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
May 13, 2013 11:55PM
We got all the sleeves in. Now all we need to do is assemble the baskets & put them in the sleeves.
May 14, 2013 10:53AM
Awesome. I can't wait to have tourneys out there with 2 full courses.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
May 23, 2013 12:47PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's saying you need to change your tampon
> Sims.

seriously???
and then some have the nerve to ask "why don't more women play..."
one reason is because of these type of idiotic comments, not only on here but on the course too.
June 21, 2013 10:09PM
What time is the Saturday toss at muni gold?? And how much?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013