Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SFC Ice Bowl update

Posted by tdwriter 
SFC Ice Bowl update
January 18, 2003 06:21PM
The SFC Ice Bowl is over, thank goodness. We had 31 people brave below freezing temperatures for much of the day, despite some sunshine. I guess it was fitting we had ice (on some of the tee pads) and some actual snow flurries. I'll give y'all a better report later tonight and I'll have the full results posted with scores.
I can tell you that: Chad Smith, Huntsville, Al., won Pro Open (6); Addie Isbell, Huntsville, won Pro Women (1); Mike Nichols, Florence, Al., won Advanced (5); Ernie O'Toole, Huntsville, won Advanced Master (9); Drew Sockwell, Florence, won Amateur Men (5); Judy Haydel, Columbus, Miss., won Am Women (3); Dan Albright, Florence, won Novice (3).
Despite the bitter cold, everyone appeared to have a good time.

Two people aced holes during practice. Larry Hobock, #10, just before the first round; Brian Moon of Birmingham aced $5. There were two aces during the second round. These aces were on the same hole by players on the same card, Richard Brown, Birmingham, Al., and John Baccus, Sheffield, Ala.

I want to thank all the folks from out of town, about 12 of you, for coming to this event, despite some really cold temps. Thanks, RwC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013