Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DOUBLES QUESTION

Posted by dustin morris 
DOUBLES QUESTION
May 10, 2013 10:00AM
With a doubles event not effecting your am status, would this make it ok to pay out every division with cash at a doubles event?
Anonymous User
Re: DOUBLES QUESTION
May 10, 2013 10:03AM
yep
May 10, 2013 10:04AM
That is what I was thinking.
May 10, 2013 10:05AM
So ....why does this not happen then?
May 10, 2013 10:09AM
TD's can make money off of the plastic...
May 10, 2013 10:11AM
I have enough metal flake innova stuff already....show us the dough.
There is money to be made on "prizes" AND you open a can of worms when you give ams cash.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 10:11AM by Flyerbud.
I am trying to find a way that we can still have a fall classic at tishomingo....

"Michael, Make sure you get with Donna at the park so she can tell you about the new requirements for vendors to sell anything on the park (food, disc golf accessories, etc.). Not only is there a vendor fee ($35.00). Each vendor has to fill out a form and pay either the event organizer or park the 7% sales tax they collected on their gross sales who in turn have to set up a meeting with the Department of Revenue and turn this money over to them. There making it easier and easier to hold these tournaments and Special Events! "

With cash, there would be no vendor.....
May 10, 2013 10:12AM
Its not handing a drunk a loaded .44 here. C'mon.
@flyerbud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 10:13AM by OhSteveOh.
May 10, 2013 10:13AM
I think ams would love cash.

Flyerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is money to be made on "prizes" AND you open
> a can of worms when you give ams cash.....
May 10, 2013 10:46AM
Yes they do... part of the problem!!! And when you have 40 am teams and 7 pro teams, so the payout is larger for ams than for pro, what then??? And what is an am... they are who plays for prizes, not cash. Yes they love it, but like I said you are opening a can of worms, seen it before! You think there is bagging now, wait until cash is involved.
May 10, 2013 10:54AM
Thats why the TD should get sponsors..... Most sponsor money will go to Open. Payout more spots in AM...there is many ways of doing this.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2013 10:57AM
Everyone would have to move up to pro to pay out all cash. Just because it's a doubles event doesn't eliminate divisions. Only if you move up a division it doesn't affect your status.

Get around a vendor fee? Use the park's disc, but Dustin, it's $35. You will make this off of 6 or 7 disc in a payout.
May 10, 2013 11:02AM
You could even have it where the ams get paid out with closer increments.

Just a quick example with only 2 divisions mentioned:

5 Open teams= $60 entry = total $300 + 200 added cash
1st= $300
2nd= $200

20 Intermediate= $50 entry = 1000 + 50 added cash
1st= $150
2nd=$140
3rd=$130
4th=$120
5th=$110
6th=$100
7th=$90
8th=$80
9th=$70
10th=$60
May 10, 2013 11:04AM
Justin.... do it... see how it works out. Not worth arguing about, good luck.
May 10, 2013 11:06AM
vendor fee isn't the problem, its extra things we have to calculate because every disc we are going to have to calculate taxes on. Every bit of food is going to have to be calculated. It will hurt the payout by at leaste $200. Cash will allow all of that to go toward a payout. I do not see an issue with a doubles event paying out ams with cash. If it doesn't effect am status, it should not matter.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Everyone would have to move up to pro to pay out
> all cash. Just because it's a doubles event
> doesn't eliminate divisions. Only if you move up a
> division it doesn't affect your status.
>
> Get around a vendor fee? Use the park's disc, but
> Dustin, it's $35. You will make this off of 6 or 7
> disc in a payout.
May 10, 2013 11:08AM
I am not trying to argue. I just don't want to do it and find out that I can't payout ams with cash in any situation.
May 10, 2013 11:09AM
If you pay ams cash they are then pro. That is the difference in pro and am.

From what I've been told. TD will not have to pay vendor fee. Only if you plan to sell like say Bill mccarty
May 10, 2013 11:12AM
To add. It only counts if an am plays with a pro. In turn a pro cannot play with an am. Cash divisions are not Am divisions. If you do it it would need to be one big pro field

Like dillon said you can't take divisions away. All your doing is having pro open, the. Pro adv, and pro am
May 10, 2013 11:12AM
If 2 intermediate players goes to a doubles event and chooses to play pro for some reason. If they win, they can play the next weekend in intermediate if they would like. If that is possible, then paying out ams in doubles events should be possible as well because they both recieved cash and did not change their am status.
May 10, 2013 11:16AM
I understand that but they played PRO NOT AM.

If 2 ams play pro doubles and win. They should nt be in an anyways.

I don't think this should or needs to be done! Talk about a bagging problem getting bigger! All the pros that have not cashed will move down. Bad idea man
May 10, 2013 11:16AM
Have Pro 1, Pro 2, Pro 3, and of course Pro Novice.... Ha Ha HA HA
May 10, 2013 11:17AM
1.5 A player's Amateur Status and divisional classification for a singles event, SNAC or SNPC is not changed or affected by competing or accepting awards of any kind in a SNDG doubles tournament and/or the SNDG Doubles Championship
May 10, 2013 11:18AM
If the payout is regulated, we will have the same bagging problems.
May 10, 2013 11:19AM
I know the rules Dustin. I'm just saying pros get cash and ams dont. That's the diff in the divisions. You play ams cash they are playing pro
May 10, 2013 11:19AM
I will make sure the Open field makes more money than the ams....
May 10, 2013 11:22AM
That's also not the point

head Wrote:
> I'm just saying pros get
> cash and ams dont. That's the diff in the
> divisions. You pay ams cash they are playing pro
May 10, 2013 11:26AM
For that event, they are considered a pro only because of the payout. The competition will still be the same....if a pro player hasn't cashed in open and moves down....thats fine, they could have done that at any event. If you have a awsome payout, they will move down, cash or not.
May 10, 2013 12:01PM
But disreguarding if I should or should not do it......would it be ok to payout ams with cash in a doubles event?
May 10, 2013 12:12PM
If the event is NOT a SN qualifier payout how you want. If it is a SN qualifier pay the ams prizes like they are suppose to be paid. If you do pay ams cash SN should not allow it to be a SN qualifier.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013