Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DOUBLES QUESTION

Posted by dustin morris 
Re: DOUBLES QUESTION
May 10, 2013 12:21PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the event is NOT a SN qualifier payout how you
> want. If it is a SN qualifier pay the ams prizes
> like they are suppose to be paid. If you do pay
> ams cash SN should not allow it to be a SN
> qualifier.

EXACTLY!! I have ran the Flinging for the Season Doubles for 2 years now and have paid out every division in cash to help out the disc golfers at Christmas, however it is not a Qualifier... seems to have worked well so far :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
May 10, 2013 12:37PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> If the event is NOT a SN qualifier payout how you
> want. If it is a SN qualifier pay the ams prizes
> like they are suppose to be paid. If you do pay
> ams cash SN should not allow it to be a SN
> qualifier.

If I have the regular divisions in a SN event and pay them all out in cash, would that be a SN violation? If so, where is it located? To my understanding a TD can pretty much do what he wants in a SN event....
May 10, 2013 12:49PM
1.2 Amateur Status divisions in which players may compete for prizes but may not compete for money for their finish.

Although Amateur players can collect money in the a doubles event playing in a Pro division, The Amateur division can not play for money prizes.

As far as having to pay a vendor fee, why not just pre buy the prizes and never have a vendor on site. Another option would be to hold the awards at a near by place that would allow you to have the space for free. I'm sure there is a restaurant/bar around that would take the extra business.
May 10, 2013 12:55PM
You are right eric. I was waiting on someone to post that rule. What if I hosted one as a trial for SN? If we can play in the dark and play with 1 frisbee....I think this would be more professional than both of those. If it works, might pull more players to the SN series.
May 10, 2013 01:44PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> You are right eric. I was waiting on someone to
> post that rule. What if I hosted one as a trial
> for SN? If we can play in the dark and play with
> 1 frisbee....I think this would be more
> professional than both of those. If it works,
> might pull more players to the SN series.

Well with this BOD we will vote on just about everything that someone proposes to us. If You want to go about typing something up then I'm sure we wouldn't mind talking about it in one of the next meetings.

I feel like this was brought up somewhat a couple years ago, when they brought up using gift cards for payout vs plastic. I don't remember the outcome of that one though.
May 10, 2013 01:46PM
I can type something up and email it to you. PM me your email.
May 11, 2013 06:23AM
I do not think that awarding disc to Amateur players for their performance in a tournament can be considered "selling." Like Matthew said, if you sell anything, you must pay the $35 vendor fee and the 7% sales tax. I will talk to Bubbab on this matter.
May 13, 2013 01:41PM
Like Keith said, just don't sanction in. It's not like sanctioning is that big of a deal, there are really no benefits to be gained when sanctioning. Therefore, it wouldn't matter if it were sanctioned or not, people will still play, and you won't have to pay the $2 per player, and that will offset the vendor fee.
May 14, 2013 06:26AM
Dustin, better make sure Jonathan from Grassroots is free that weekend... You couldn't run a goat to water much less a quality event.
May 14, 2013 12:38PM
dang

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
May 20, 2013 10:09AM
I would not need Jonathan on a cash tournament. Jonathan is a vendor and I could have done the payouts and everything at my event. I would not feel right if I did the payouts for someone elses products. I did not make a dime off of my event and you could tell by the payout. Jonathan was a great help for the event and yes did most of the work towards the payout and helped a lot with the boards. But, he was the one with the products, not me. If you can't be nice, just don't say anything Zack. I would never make comments dissing you.

hudd Wrote:
> Dustin, better make sure Jonathan from Grassroots
> is free that weekend... You couldn't run a goat to
> water much less a quality event.
May 20, 2013 10:43AM
If we can play in the dark and play with
> 1 frisbee....I think this would be more
> professional than both of those.

IF you want me to be nice then quit putting down my event every chance you get. You were not there, you have no idea how professional or non-professional it was. I done been through this with you one time. Not doing it again.
May 20, 2013 02:20PM
I wouldn't be modifying the sport....I would be modifying the payout.
May 20, 2013 02:25PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> I wouldn't be modifying the sport....I would be
> modifying the payout.

Modifying the payout from prizes to cash for ams is modifying the sport......DING DING DING....You can almost see the hamster get on the wheel.....

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Anonymous User
May 20, 2013 03:15PM
May 20, 2013 04:19PM
No....the sport would be the same...they are playing for a different type of prize. Nothing is changing during their round. I was just asking so we could have another tishomingo tournament. But I hope someone steps up because idk who is going to.

Keith Bodin Wrote:
> dustin morris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wouldn't be modifying the sport....I would be
> > modifying the payout.
>
> Modifying the payout from prizes to cash for ams
> is modifying the sport......DING DING DING....You
> can almost see the hamster get on the wheel.....
May 20, 2013 07:57PM
If you plan on doing this Dustin, paying am divisions, then please do not sanction with SN.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013