Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

paul.b.johnson ice bowl jan 25th.

Posted by jim 
jim
paul.b.johnson ice bowl jan 25th.
January 18, 2003 08:51PM
well this saturday please bring portables and let us know your coming and we will have your cards ready. the locals have cpt for you and i have a few supprise for you. remenber someone will win a ching portable . hope to see all of you there .
Jim, here is a list of Arkansas players with divisions that will be coming, unless the weather turns ugly. Robbie Shaw Pro Master, Chris Mitchell Open, Lori Mezger Pro Women, Thom Garday Am Master, Dickey Maxwell Am Master, David Lillibridge Am. Please save us a spot, we will get there early Sat.
Re: paul.b.johnson ice bowl jan 25th.
January 19, 2003 09:02PM
Jim, I will be there and I will bring my basket.
I’ll be there to give Robbie a chance to win his #15 bag tag back, unless somebody beats him to it of course. My 9 year old son Sam says he is coming also, but I can’t be sure about him until the moment to leave comes. He says he wants to play novice instead of junior since he won at States this summer by double digits. I don’t sound overly proud do I?
Jim,
Please save one more spot for another Little Rock boy ....me ..... I'll be coming down early Sat. with the rest of the Arkies
Thanks,
Aaron
Tony Bass
January 20, 2003 10:17AM
Mr. Jim,
If everything works out there should be about 12-15 hattiesburg folks that I know of coming. But there is probably a few other people coming that I don't know. Also, there will be about four of my friends from back home (Columubus, GA) coming. So please reserve spots for all of us.
TB
So far the weather is looking favorable, so this weather wimp will probably be there.
January 20, 2003 11:43AM
It looks like a few of the crew from Wall Doxey might be able to show up.
Fair Hays and Kenny Collums advanced, and Zack Hudson Am. We will be driving down early saturday morning if we get to come.
John K
January 20, 2003 01:11PM
John K will also be there. We will try and get the flyer online. If anybody knows how to explain how to create a link please let me know. The most important information about the Ice Bowl is tee off for the first round will be 9:30 am - pass it on. Thanks
John K
Willy BTc and the Zinger and Errin L will definately be there from BR, and along W/ Goby, I'm sure there will be more!

I lost tag #2 to Ronnie A (first I lose #1 to him and he looses it to S-port city, now I lose #2 to him and he'll leave it in Miss.)
I am now #14, I think.
Tony Bass
January 20, 2003 03:25PM
Well lets hope he leaves in H'burg!!! Ha-ha
grayson
January 20, 2003 05:49PM
kevin,

make sure sam is not playing advanced, so i don't waste my money trying.
i hope he has a higher bag tag number also. if you or any of your peoples need a place to stay let me know.

grayson

400-3058
January 20, 2003 09:42PM
Since everyone is chiming in I guess I'll toss in also.

Jeff and Judy Haydel should be there in Am Men and Am Women respectively.

And Kary Rogers, in Am Men, will be in attendence as well as last I heard.

So watch out the Columbus Am crew is on its way.

Jeff
Jim
Derrick Bilbo here we have three baskets in the club and we will be bringing them. WE will see you friday afternoon.

Goodluck everybody
Bilbo
toad
January 20, 2003 10:46PM
Jim

I was thinking of going to Kevin Peltons ice bowl up in s-port, but I can't pass up another great Jim O ice bowl.

I have but two (?'s) will there be the great , world class nine set up on the other side of the lake , and will the pro play it and the regular 18. For the two rounds ?

Please let me know if you are going to have enought room for me

Toad BR
Thanks again, Jeff and Judy, for showing up to play in the bitterly cold SFC Ice Bowl (real ice, real flurries). Congrats to Judy for winning am women. She's for real! RwC
What is the schedule look like for Sat morning....players meeting ....tee off?

I'm coming from Little Rock and need to know how early to be there.
Aaron
grayson
January 22, 2003 05:42PM
jim,

i recieved my discs today.

thanks

i will recommend using your site to evrybody looking for discs. the process was much more painless than i thought.

i went out to paul b today and played the alternate nine around the lake. they were great. i will suggest to mike that we maybe keep these holes. at first i was thinking this isn't so bad, then i got to number 3. that was pretty tough. then 4, of which i threw two ce eagles in the lake, (which i recovered) that heiser route is to inviteing. the holes are a lot of fun and challenging, good job.

the rest of the course looks great, better than ever.
Anonymous
January 22, 2003 07:53PM
Man, that guy always throws two discs in the lake on #4 on the alternate nine.
hey jim,

i'll ask the "zinger" if he will bring my basket in his truck. im sure he wont mind. see you saterday.

Errin
jim
January 22, 2003 10:14PM
THANK ALL OF YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW ,IT WILL HELP ALOT . REMEMBER 930 TEE OFF PLEASE TRY TO SIGN UP AS SOON AS YOU CAN , I WILL BE THERE FRIDAY AND I HAVE A CABIN PLEASE STOP BY UNLESS THE LIGHTS ARE OFF. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL . SEE YOU SATURDAY ALL WHIMPS AND WHINNERS STAY HOME. LOVE THIS TOURNAMENT , @#$%& FOR GOT TO WRITE SMALL , HEY YOU DONOT HAVE TO BE SMART TO BE ME.
mike sidebottom
January 23, 2003 02:45PM
Jim
I was going to be there but I can't my metal knee might freeze and I don't think they have a fork-lift big enough to get me out of there
mike
It's cold, I'm tired, what are those holes?, etc...
THINGS ONE DOESN'T SAY AT THE ICE BOWL.

NO WIMPS NO WHINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna be a fish outta water, cause I am a serious weather wimp. I'll try to keep my complaining strictly about my game. =8)

WillBT, Des Reading mentioned you by name in an interview in the latest DGWN. You *do* make lasting impressions!
Weenies! We've been playing doubles every Sunday since Fall. The SFC Ice Bowl was the coldest... 17-degrees or so at tee off, a high of 34, wind, ice on the tee pads, flurries. Still 32 players made it and everyone finished. They're iron men (and women). No wimps up here. Y'all couldn't get much colder than us! RwC
tdwriter, I don't know if I'm more amazed at your fortitude or your foolishness. =8)
January 23, 2003 07:46PM
I've been training all day today and I'm ready for the weather. I went to tishomingo today and played in 16 degree weather, 5 degree windchill factor with an inch of snow on the ground with 30 mile gusts. I played three rounds until I had an iceicle snot mustache and I couldn't tell if I was throwing discs or rocks. I can guarantee that it won't be that cold in hattiesburg, so everyone come on and play some golf. It's going to be great fun no matter what.
Fair
January 23, 2003 07:50PM
OK if you want a true IceBowl who's up for meeting me at Lake Lowndes tonight (1-23-03) for a round of glowbie? It's roughly 19 degrees out right now with an expected low of 3. I'll wear the shorts if you'll bring the glowbies!!!!

Now this IS true IceBowl weather.

Kinding aside weather.com says the temps for Saturday at Hattiesburg will roughly
29 degrees at 9am (tee off) and
42 degrees at noon with little to no wind all day.

Heck they say it might even get up to 46 by 3pm when we're all playing off for that basket.

So who's volunteering to get my disc out of the lake when I pitch it in there on 10 or 11?

Jeff
Goby, it's probably more foolishness than fortitude, because unlike Jeff, I HATE cold weather. I can function a lot better in 90-degree heat than the cold. Maybe I'm making up for lost time when I wasn't playing for a while or maybe it's because it's actually been a fairly mild winter up to now. Plus, people are showing up on Sunday's for doubles and it's a chance to win some money (which I normally do<G>)

Jeff, hope you had fun tonight and I hope everyone has a good time in Hattiesburg. I suppose I'll catch up with some of you at Tishomingo on Feb. 1. Right now the Weather Channel is predicting 52-degrees and a 40-percent chance of showers. Sounds nasty. RwC
Jim can you save me one open spot and one master spot> See ya in the Satt . Thanks Bob Satter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013