Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eligibility Question

Posted by Dylan Schultz 
Eligibility Question
May 12, 2013 10:37PM
My son wants to play a doubles tournament this weekend with me in Adv. division. If we cash would that make him ineligible to play intermediate in the SNAC and the Doubles Championships?

Is my daughter eligible to play in the junior division in the doubles tournament if she has cashed in intermediate woman? She is still young enough to play junior.
Re: Eligibility Question
May 12, 2013 11:27PM
Yes he can and will not be penalized Dylan. She can play junior as long as she is a junior (under 19 in pdga). Hope to see yall there.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 12, 2013 11:28PM
1.5 A player's Amateur Status and divisional classification for a singles event, SNAC or SNPC is not changed or affected by competing or accepting awards of any kind in a SNDG doubles tournament and/or the SNDG Doubles Championship.
May 12, 2013 11:30PM
Allan, SN does not follow the PDGA under 19 for Jr's

1.2.4.5 Junior (JR15): An amateur division available only to players less than 16 years of age on the date the tournament ends.
May 12, 2013 11:33PM
Hence the ( ). Haha

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 13, 2013 09:04AM
Thanks guys. Looking forward to being there if we can make it.
May 13, 2013 10:39AM
So Eric, is that a vice a verse a rule? meaning if you normally play advanced and have cashed advanced but your doubles partner is intermediate, then you can play intermediate in a doubles tournament?

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
May 13, 2013 11:00AM
Ryan,

you have to play in the division of the best player on the team ... not the worst. B) AND everyone has to be eligible to play in the division the team is signed up for ie, 49 year old man playing with a 30 year old man/woman can't team up and play in advanced masters.
May 13, 2013 11:02AM
^ generally speaking anyway ... we all know baggers will try to find a way to play where ever they want and the *4 tournaments w/out cashing and "I didn't accept **Cash** but took prizes in pro" all lend themselves to ubber-baggers working the system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013