Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Please check Your stats and make sure everything is correct.
May 13, 2013 04:24PM
Don't forget to click it over to the 2012-2013 season.
Re: Please check Your stats and make sure everything is correct.
May 14, 2013 11:18AM
I've sent 2 emails requesting a correction. Is a 3rd necessary? Miss seeing you Eric...hope to catch up with ya soon!
May 15, 2013 10:38AM
Jennifer Cline's points are listed as advanced women, when she plays am women

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
May 15, 2013 10:57AM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jennifer Cline's points are listed as advanced
> women, when she plays am women

Unfortunately they are one and the same :-/ ... they do not get separated out !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
May 15, 2013 01:46PM
KeyChains1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> niklpenny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jennifer Cline's points are listed as advanced
> > women, when she plays am women
>
>
> Unfortunately they are one and the same :-/ ...
> they do not get separated out !!

Must be a web site capacity issue cause 1.2.4.7 says separate.
May 15, 2013 03:11PM
I think this is where "termonology" gets in it's own way. SN doesn't list an "AM Women" only recreational, Intermediate, and advanced Women in the player statistics. All of which are "AM" divisions.

Did she play in Rec or Int ... I'm assuming not Advanced based on your question even though it is an AM Division.

The fact that there's still not a ton of women actively playing tournaments (12 Novice and 113 combined Int/Adv players for the season so far with ~15 days left in the season) I would bet that since INT and ADV are the 2 "point recieving" divisions that at some point along the way they were combined and the handbook never got updated. Looking at the handbook, there are several issues there let alone this one.
May 15, 2013 04:24PM
Looks to me like the Am Women have been separated only once in history, the 2003-2004 season. That one season of separate results seems to disprove my theory of lack of web site capacity. There were 85 Int. and 24 advanced, without checking for duplications.

However the theory that the handbook has not been updated appears disproven by the facts that there were no written rules until 2005 and the current rule was adopted 01/2012. If the BOD decided to combine after that I have not read the vote on it. Please show me.

So at this point the reason for the failure to separate seems like a pretty good mystery to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 04:34PM by Discjazz.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013