Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Choctaw Lake Recreation Area

Posted by drivinatwork 
Choctaw Lake Recreation Area
May 30, 2013 04:46PM
Does anyone have any info on a course in this park, a friend of mine went bike riding there and said he saw baskets in the ground around the lake, but I can't find anything about it. Just wondering if it was worth a trip, being it's not that far from me.

Jason O
Re: Choctaw Lake Recreation Area
May 30, 2013 04:53PM
[choctaw.winstonnewsonline.com]

According to that article, they just had a volunteer day there in which installing a disc golf course was on the agenda...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
May 31, 2013 03:55AM
I'm pretty sure a couple of guys from Mississippi State designed the course and put it in the ground. You could probably PM Ethan on here and he could give you move information.
May 31, 2013 06:36AM
You need to get in touch with Clayton Nash or Daniel Philley about it. They played it a while back. I'll let them chime in on the course layout and such but will say after what I've heard it may not yet be worth the drive.
May 31, 2013 09:55PM
As far as I know, the only thing done on the course is the baskets being installed. There was talk of getting tee signs and tee pads put in soon but I am not sure if that has followed through yet. If there are not signs or tees then it will be very difficult to navigate the course unless you are with someone who is familiar with it. If you know someone who is familiar with the layout then I would recommend giving it a shot, it has potential to be a really nice course.

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013