Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PARKED IN THE DARK: The Glow Throw in NO---Saturday Night July 27.!!!!!

Posted by jcrawfish78 
PARKED IN THE DARK: The Glow Throw in NO---Saturday Night July 27.!!!!!
May 30, 2013 09:39PM
PARKED IN THE DARK: The Glow Throw in NO

Tournament Director: Johnny Crosby (noteamdgc@gmail.com)

Date: Saturday, July 27th, 2013

NO TEAM Disc Golf Club proudly presents the First Annual Parked in the Dark: The Glow Throw in NO. The amateur only event will be held at the City Park Disc Golf Course in New Orleans, Louisiana under the night sky and majestic oaks. This is a fundraiser for the new course in City Park, but player pack value plus prizes will still exceed a 100% event value payout! There will also be a fantastic Auction and Raffle including Saints Tickets, Pelican Tickets, a Discatcher Sport Basket, a WAKA kickball league registration, Dry Fit shirts, tons of discs and plenty more! With this being a night tournament, the course will be lit up with plenty of LEDs and black lights. The baskets will be lit up as well. So long as your light stays on your disc, you should have no problems finding anything. Invite your friends even if they are new to the sport. This will be a party in the park like no other!

Entry Fee: $30 per person for all divisions

Amateur Divisions:

Advanced Men
Intermediate Men
Novice Men
Advanced Women
Novice Women

Preregistration is strongly encouraged. Players can sign up with Joe Burback at the City Park Disc Golf Course if he's around. You can also mail checks made out to New Orleans Disc Golf Club to:

Johnny Crosby
401 Rue St. Ann
Metairie, LA 70005

Please indicate which division you are playing. There are 30 reserved spots for women players. The field will be capped at 100 players total, so sign up before this fills up!

Schedule:

7:00pm Registration closes
7:30pm Players Meeting
8:00pm Tee Off

There will be awards, side games and an after party at the course following the tournament.

Tournament Info:

For the first year, this will be a ONE ROUND tournament consisting of 18-20 holes. The number of holes will vary depending on the number of registered players. Novice Women will play one less hole than the rest of the field (Hole #11). All divisions will play the Am tees except for Novice Women. There will be an additional set of tees added for Novice Women for this event.

Player's Pack:

1 Custom Stamped Disc
2 LED Disc Lights
1 12 pack of sparklers
2 Neon glow necklace/bracelet
2 Pizza slice vouchers
1 Stick of homemade beef jerky
1 Roll of homemade bread

Free beer will also be provided until the 2 kegs run out. Larger amounts of the Beef Jerky and Bread will also be in the raffle and auction. There will also be a few "Taping Stations" to adhere the LEDs to the discs at tournament central as well as a few other locations on the course in case they fall off. Volunteers will be there to assist you in this.

Sponsorship:

Hole Sponsorship: $30

Your name or business will be printed on a sign that will be very well lit at your hole being sponsored.

Event Sponsor: $250

Your banner/signage will be prominently shown at tournament central as well as the Hole #6/#8 Gazebo.

Johnny Crosby
noteamdgc@gmail.com
(504) 338-3206

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 12:53PM by Bluff Magee.
Anonymous User
Re: PARKED IN THE DARK: The Glow Throw in NO
May 31, 2013 09:52AM
NO Team is down for a $250 sponsor on this one. Thanks Johnny for stepping up as our newest Tournament Director!
May 31, 2013 11:01AM
Dude, you guys are after my heart with this one, i friggin down like julie brown

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
May 31, 2013 12:08PM
I just want to thank our first sponsor for the event: Red Zone Fireworks!

[redzonefireworks.com]

They are providing all the fireworks for the event as well as the sparklers for the players packs.

Contact Earl Eagan for all your fireworks for the 4th of July as well. He has some great rates for all your explosive needs!

Earl Eagan
(504) 339-6845
June 01, 2013 09:48AM
This looks like a blast!
Watch out for the boogeyman, he'll be out looking for snipes.
June 03, 2013 10:04PM
I'm in.
June 05, 2013 01:04PM
Sounds like fun. I will happily volunteer and sponsor a hole or two. There could be some malevolent spirits moving among the ancient live oaks at the Mona Lisa Disc Golf Course. Candyman Classic?
June 18, 2013 11:35AM
Just want to thank another sponsor!

WAKA kickball and Social Sports

Visit www.kickball.com to sign up for your local adult kickball league.

Sean Gaubert of the New Orleans chapter of WAKA kickball has also put up a one season registration for any local league to go in either our raffle or our auction! If you play WAKA locally, here's your chance to get your registration for a great rate!

Thanks Sean!

www.kickball.com
June 18, 2013 05:00PM
how many players have registered so far?

June 19, 2013 01:28PM
Only about 15 registrations so far, but I have a bunch of verbal commits on top of that at this point (30 or so). I expect them to start pouring in over the next few weeks.
June 20, 2013 08:07AM
You can put me down, I will pay joe over the phone on friday
MA2

June 21, 2013 10:25AM
OK I paid joe over the phone

June 26, 2013 07:04PM
Can you post the registration list so far, besides myself. I wanna see who is playing

June 26, 2013 07:34PM
Would love to attend, but get my kids that weekend, that be more important. Hopefully next time.

Terry Zeringue
July 01, 2013 12:15PM
where is the reg list so far?

July 01, 2013 02:41PM
I'll post the registration list on Wednesday. I'm tied up on this short week with work, but I'll have the about 20 players so far registered posted at the latest by then. It's a lot of new blood, so it should be fun. I have around 40 or so other commits at this point too, I just need their moula. My guess is 80 total players.

Johnny
July 03, 2013 12:28PM
are you gonna sell the led lights?

July 05, 2013 10:15AM
2 lights will be included in each player pack. Additional lights will be sold for $2 each. We will have a few taping stations located around the course.

Registered players are as follows:

I will add a Masters division if there is enough demand to have at least 8 in the division.

Advanced Men (1):

Phillip Murray

Intermediate Men (7):

Ryan Niccolini
Aaron Martin
Chris Fullen
Matt Hritz
Andy Kientz
Matt Kientz
Daniel Perkins

Novice Men (4):

Scot Adams
Don Bisesi
BJ Gaubert
Matt Schrenk

Advanced Women (0):

Novice Wowen (3):

Brittany Hritz
Lauren Jerome
Jenni Reed
July 05, 2013 10:51AM
Also, some testing was run on some sparklers last night for the 4th of July. There will be an amendment to the players pack. The 12 pack of sparklers sucked. Well, I guess the 15 seconds or so they "sparkled" was okay, but they were blown out of the water by the 4 pack. The sticks in the 4 pack are much, much bigger and glow brighter for much longer. We timed one and it lasted for 85 seconds! So instead of a 12 pack, players will be receiving the beefed up 4 packs. Trust me, it's better this way.
July 05, 2013 01:07PM
If anyone would like to pay via PayPal, I have that set up now as well.

Pay $32 ($2 extra for fees) to the PayPal account with the email of:

johnny@crosbydevelopment.com

Please be sure to indicate your name and what division you are playing.

22 days to go until Parked in the Dark!
July 10, 2013 08:45AM
If anybody is planning on playing earlier in the day that day, let me know, I driving in 5 hours for this, and I wanna play a few rounds

July 10, 2013 01:16PM
Ryan,

We'll be partying out there starting around Noon. Pre-party doesn't "officially" start until 5pm, but I'm sure there will be tons of people out there for you to find a group at any point during the day. I might be down for a noonish round, but I need to start the set up around 3pm or so. Let me know, I'd love to play a round with you as I won't be playing in the tourney that day.
July 10, 2013 03:31PM
*party from Noon*....you guys are awesome....expect me noonish then

Anonymous User
July 11, 2013 02:21PM
I'm looking forward to this event, even though I'm staffing and not playing. Can't wait to see what's in the auction and raffle.
July 12, 2013 12:25PM
Tournament update brought to you by our newest sponsor:

Markel Lumber

Thanks for the support guys!

Raffle and auction items we have so far (I'm not sure what's going in the raffle or auction specifically yet, but these are the items):

*1 lb of homemade beef jerky (My mom makes this and it will blow your mind - a small sample will be in each player pack to get your mouth watering!)

*6 Loaves of Jalapeno Cheddar (Small sample in each player pack as well - fair warning - expect high bids as it is more addicting than crack I've been told)

*2 Saints tickets vs. Cardinals on 9/22 (Club level on about the 45 yard line - bad @#$%& seats. I think face value is like $650 total)

*2 Pre season Saints tickets vs. Chiefs (Terrace level section 618 - these are my seats where the drunk and crazy fans are)

*2 Hornets tickets to a game of your choice EXCEPT vs. Miami Heat (Sorry, but these are my company seats and I can't give that game out. That said the seats are great and in the lower bowl in section 115 row 15. You can hear the sneakers squeaking!)

*Jeff St. Romain skateboard (This beautiful piece of artwork is made by one of the best local artists in the city and one hell of a disc golfer!)

*WAKA registration (This will cover one league fee for any local WAKA kickball or Social sport league)

*Discatcher Sport basket (Want a brand new basket? Here's your chance)

*Dry fit shirts from NOTeam and Live and Let Fly

*Discs (Probably around 20 or so will be given out as raffle items and side game prizes)

*****READ THIS REGARDING THE RAFFLE*****

The silent auction is straight forward, but the raffle is not! Instead of buying raffle tickets and putting them in one big bucket, each item will have its very own bucket. You can choose where you want to put the tickets you buy. If you buy 20 tickets, you can put them all in the Sport basket bin, for instance, that gives you a better shot at that item. However, that's the only item you will be eligible to win. Spread them around as you see fit.

Also, once the final lists are complete for raffle only, we will accept ticket purchase online if you want to get tickets for an item but can't attend the event. Just let me know how many tickets you want, and you can pay through Paypal. Use this forum for raffle ticket orders.

Hope to see you all at Parked in the Dark in 15 days! It's gonna be wild!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 12:27PM by jcrawfish78.
July 12, 2013 09:04PM
Things Have worked Out I am coming to this tournament after all

July 18, 2013 01:40PM
So it looks like we will be adding a Masters division to this event. 40+.
July 21, 2013 10:39AM
I can't wait, how many players are registered? And who if you don't mind

July 23, 2013 04:17PM
Auction Update: No longer the Cardinals game on 9/22. The game is now the last game of the season on 12/29 vs. the Buccaneers!

Also, big thanks to Rob Williams for sponsoring 2 holes!

Registrations are coming in fast now! Get signed up before it's too late!
July 25, 2013 03:17PM
Hey johnny, Tim Miller is riding down with me, He wont be able to register until Day of, but you can put him down. Probably advanced master

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013