Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Farewell Address to the Advanced Division

Posted by JshDvd 
My Farewell Address to the Advanced Division
June 09, 2013 01:14AM
Dear Southern Nationals Advanced Division,

June 1, 2013 was the start of a brand new season for the Southern Nationals. At such time, I made the decision to try my luck in the Pro Open division. The first tournament of the year closest to home was the freshly renewed Rock Bottom Open in New Albany, MS. By the way, if you get a chance, go down and play it, it's a great course. Nonetheless, when I arrived that morning, there was but one other person signed up in open. So I threw my name in the hat. In the end, 4 of us signed up for open. First round wasn't too bad, and the 2nd was rainy and crappy, but somehow I pulled off my 1st ever pro open win. Granted i didn't even shoot under for the tournament, AND didn't even shoot the lowest score of the tournament(shout out Dillon Gourley, great shootin' man), but i shot steady, consistent rounds and pulled off an improbable win. Between rounds, I had numerous people come to me and say, "man, if I had known you moved up, i would have played open with ya." So to the EIGHTEEN people that played advanced at the Rock Bottom Open I say this: MOVE UP!!! A few shout outs: Kudos to my guy Griff, who will be "Advanced for life!". To my guy Dean Lee, who, like me, is stuck in Open after the Rock Bottom. We're going to have a blast buddy. Shout out to Doug Pittman, i'm going to keep talking to you into coming to tournaments with me, and your going to have to play open with me. And to the entire Southern Nationals Advanced Division, I bid you a fond farewell. We had lots of fun, tons of laughs, silly stories, and great rounds together. Hopefully some day we will meet again in Pro Open. Until then, grip it and rip it, and bang some chains!

With much love,

Josh David (JD)
Re: My Farewell Address to the Advanced Division
June 10, 2013 01:54PM
Good Luck Josh, we will be looking for an update after your fourth tournament as a "pro".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013