Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Orange Beach Disc Golf Course

Posted by Flyerbud 
Orange Beach Disc Golf Course
June 18, 2013 06:13PM
Orange Beach Alabama has joined the ranks of cities with a disc golf course. A nine hole pitch and putt course is being installed on the shore of Terry's cove off of Canal Road next to the dog park. With an incredible view of the water and the pass under Alabama Point Bridge it is the first step in the process of bringing Orange Beach into the disc golf world. A 24 hole world class course is in the works and will allow the city to enter into the tournament scene. The nine hole Osprey Course will be open for play on Friday June 21, 2013 and the larger facility will be installed by the end of the year! Here we go!
Re: Orange Beach Disc Golf Course
June 18, 2013 09:15PM
Nice! We need more pdga events down this way I think. I like southern nationals but I would like to play some pdga tournaments and most of the time I can't really travel too far.
ww
June 19, 2013 10:15AM
Awesome!
June 20, 2013 05:50PM
Hell yes. Anybody know who is heading the design/installation of this?
June 20, 2013 06:36PM
Yes.... it is in good hands.
June 20, 2013 09:45PM
Good deal. Want to see it done right and not get ruined like the course in Foley did. Very excited about this
June 21, 2013 12:20AM
The kid course/pitch and putt is in the ground.... the 24 hole is in the works!!! The 9 hole course is being used to peek interest in the things to come!!! The group wants as good a course as possible and to step into the tournament arena ... good things are on the way!
ww
June 21, 2013 08:46AM
August 02, 2013 12:50PM
So is the official name of this course the Osprey DGC?
I couldn't find an official name on any of their club facebook pages or even the city park page...

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2013 12:56PM by jamesireland.
August 02, 2013 10:42PM
Yes.... for now. They have formed a club and have a facebook page,, this only a 9hole pitch and putt!... More to come, and it will be good!!! I "think" that they have a club "handicap " tourney this weekend.
August 08, 2013 09:58AM
I.m down there this month gona check it out.anything more than aviar needed??

BMB
August 08, 2013 11:41AM
If the wind blows!!! Several sidearm shots..... GREAT baskets!
August 28, 2013 10:47AM
A lil flyer course for sure. Rather gay actually , the tiki bar is cool tho, shoddy service but really nice view.

BMB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013