Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

End Of The Year Awards - 2012-2013 Season

Posted by Eric Day 
Re: End Of The Year Awards - 2012-2013 Season
June 27, 2013 12:29AM
There's also Mi crooked letter crooked letter i crooked letter crooked letter i humpback humpback i!
June 27, 2013 09:07AM
Pro Men Player of the Year = Matty O, Cam Colglazier, Clayton Nash, Doug Williams
Pro Women's player of the year = Lynn Day
Am Player of the Year = Chad Sherbert, Chris Akers, Joey Downey
Am Women Player of the Year = Angela Irby
Sportsman of the Year Award = Brooks Newell, Mike Brown
Volunteer of the Year Award = Bill Tyler, Red Adcock
TD of the Year Award = Doug Trantham, Mike Kernan, Southside, Jacques Giraud
June 28, 2013 11:11AM
Pro Men Player of the Year = Matt Orum
Am Player of the Year = Chris Sigler
Am Women Player of the Year = Aleux McFarling
Sportsman of the Year Award = Brooks Newell
Volunteer of the Year Award = Bill Tyler
TD of the Year Award = SOUTHSIDE
June 28, 2013 06:26PM
Pro Men Player of the Year = Matt Orum
Am Player of the Year = Philip Tait
Am Women Player of the Year = Angela Irby
Sportsman of the Year Award = Dylan Schultz
Volunteer of the Year Award = Jacques Giraud
TD of the Year Award = Jacques Giraud
June 29, 2013 07:00PM
Sportsman of the Year = Tony Palmer, President, Tupelo Disc Golf Association
Volunteer(s) of the year = Tupelo Disc Golf Association (poured 34 tee pads, 14 at ThunderCheif, 20 at Tombigbee I)
TD of the Year = Zack Hudson, the best in North Mississippi
June 30, 2013 01:29PM
Pro men player: Barrett Johnson, cam, Matty, and Fowler
Pro women: Lynn day, Sarah senkbiel
Am men: Joey Downey and myself if that is not too selfish
Volunteer: bill Tyler
Q
July 01, 2013 03:45PM
Pro Men Player of the Year - Barrett Johnson
Pro Women's player of the year - Sara Senkbeil
Am Player of the Year - Chad sherbert, Chris sig, Joey d
Am Women Player of the Year - Angela Irby
Sportsman of the Year Award - ? So many great sports out there.
Volunteer of the Year Award - Bill Tyler
TD of the Year Award - Magda
July 01, 2013 06:56PM
Pro Men Player of the Year Logan Weiss
Pro Women's player of the year
Am Player of the Year Mason McKay
Am Women Player of the Year Esther Schultz
Sportsman of the Year Award
Volunteer of the Year Award Brooks Newell
TD of the Year Award Jacques Giraud
July 02, 2013 10:05AM
tmad1004 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What all states are involved in southern
> nationals? I don't hear too much about Georgia
> disc golf, Tennessee, north and South Carolina,
> Texas.....keep in mind I'm talking southern
> nationals not pdga.

If you look up at the very top of the page you'll see the list of 10 states that have some participation in the SN "Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas" ... North and South Carolina doesn't play the SN's at all they have a ton of PDGA events annually including some majors. Georgia and Texas are largely PDGA as well as is over half the state of Florida.

Looks like I stand corrected on NC ... in the last 2 years they've had 2 SN tourneys ... in fact if you look at the last couple years, the SN has largely been the Alabama/Mississippi who can have the most tournaments show with a splash of Louisiana and Florida and a hint of Tennessee

'12 season ..... '13 season
AL 33 ..............24
AR 6 ................5
FL 11 .............11
GA 2................2
KY 1................ZERO
LA 20..............20
MS 37...............43
OK none...........ZERO
TN 8................9
TX 1.................1

3 outliers not listed at the top of the webpage:
IN 1...............zero
MO 1...............1
NC 1..............1

So there you have it ... I may have gone cross-eyed on a tick or two here and there so please don't say, "hey we had 35 not 33" or whatever these are pretty close and, at a minimum very representative of where all the tournaments are being held. If you break it down by city ... it's even worse. There's a handful of cities, at best, that are participating in more than 1 or 2 tournaments a year outside of your "big 3" states.

That's just a quick look based on what anyone can find from the last 2 seasons. I'm sure if someone data-mined even deeper they could narrow it down to maybe 4 or 5 main cities that are "hot for SN" and outside of that ... lukewarm at best.

I played in 5 tournaments the first "season" I picked up a DG disc mid-season for the '11 season, 12 tourneys for the '12 season and 11 for the '13 season. In my travels it seems people are either hot or cold on SN as a series and, for most one the cold side, it stems back to either divisional stagnation with no ratings to at least help with "baggers" or hit and miss TD's some just lacking in skill/knowledge others the John Wayne "I'll do what I want, take it or leave it" attitude. The latter I haven't seen a lot personally as "most" of the tournaments I've been to have been fairly well organized and ran pretty smooth with a few exceptions. I think the "ratings" drum has been beaten enough that whenever/if the new SN website gets up and running this will become a reality ... maybe? The TD thing can be tough as currently the only requirements to be a TD is that you pay your sanctioning fees ... maybe I'm the only one that sees a problem with that.

Anyway I digress ... back to the point the states supposedly involved are listed at the very top of the webpage but in reality only about 4 or 5 states are "really" involved and within those states ... maybe about 4 or 5 main cities breathing life into SN. Those numbers are generous...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 10:12AM by Joe_Kool.
Anonymous User
July 02, 2013 11:57AM
Were you making a point Mr. Cool?
July 02, 2013 01:25PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Were you making a point Mr. Cool?

"Anyway I digress ... back to the point the states supposedly involved are listed at the very top of the webpage but in reality only about 4 or 5 states are "really" involved and within those states ... maybe about 4 or 5 main cities breathing life into SN. Those numbers are generous...

My response to tmad1004's question/statement about what states are involved/not hearing from several states. My point was well made ... I think. I'll let tmad1004 decide.

OH ... and that over the last couple years at least you guys in Mississippi/Louisianna are kicking tail in putting on a TON of tournaments over there! More than ALL the rest of SN combined in fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 01:35PM by Joe_Kool.
July 02, 2013 09:48PM
So, who are your nominations for end of the year awards?
July 02, 2013 11:08PM
That was very interesting, but can we please get back to the topic!

So, who are your nominations for end of the year awards Joe_Kool?
July 03, 2013 01:48AM
Mississippi for SN state of the year!!!! BOOM
July 03, 2013 09:19AM
Sorry to cause such a stir ...I simply answered a question that was asked and gave some asked for insight.

"Nominations" by definition are just that a nomination. One would think that a single nomination for an individual for a particular category would suffice and further nominations for said individual would be redundant and superfluous would they not?

That being said, I will add to the TD of the year list of names as all his events I
July 03, 2013 12:19PM
Joe_Kool Wrote:
> Sorry to cause such a stir ...I simply answered a
> question that was asked and gave some asked for
> insight.
>
>
> "Nominations" by definition are just that a
> nomination. One would think that a single
> nomination for an individual for a particular
> category would suffice and further nominations for
> said individual would be redundant and superfluous
> would they not?
>
> That being said, I will add to the TD of the year
> list of names as all his events I have participated in have been butter smooth and I would not hesitate to play in or reccomend any tournament he has anything to do with.

TD of the year: Tyler Searle

*edited due to this current webpage not liking contractions ...
Anonymous User
July 05, 2013 02:38PM
Who? Did you mean Tony Palmer for TD of the year?
July 05, 2013 05:10PM
Tyler Searle ... TD for the Dynamic Discs Dangerous Doubles at Ferry park and the guy that put on the 2 disc challenges across the southeastern US this past spring.
July 07, 2013 09:11PM
Joe_Kool Wrote:
> Tyler Searle ... TD for the Dynamic Discs
> Dangerous Doubles at Ferry park and the guy that
> put on the 2 disc challenges across the
> southeastern US this past spring.

The Dangerous Doubles payout was the worst ive ever seen. Both in structure and quantity. Tyler needs to fix that for his future events.

Now to get this back on track:

Pro Men- Matt Orum
Pro Women- Sara Senkbeil
Am- Phillip Tait
Am Women- Angela Irby
Sportsman- Key Chains
Volunteer- Bill Tyler
TD- Steve Hollis
July 07, 2013 10:33PM
Ryan, you're seriously complaining about payout on a tournament that you payed $26 to bag, I mean enter, in intermediate (would have placed 2nd in advanced) when you're players pack alone was worth more than the cost of entry?!?!

Structure? Are you talking about the payout structure or tournament structure? The format was phenomenal payout was what it was due the low entry fees. Count in the neumerous CPTs per division during the tournament as well as the hot round, and other overall prizes, the payout for that tournament in particular far exceeded the entry fees collected. Anyway ... I'll let you keep on believing it was weak if you like ... Maybe next year he can make better payout by not having all the extras to make it a. un tournament, scrapping the players packs/custom designed drifit (I mean how many tournaments have you been to that you got a dri fit T instead of a cotton you won't wear DGing in the summer?) Or raising the entry fees ... Or all the above.

I vote to keep the format pretty close to what it was. I thought it was a blast and well put on tournament. That's just me.
July 08, 2013 01:40AM
Joe_Kool Wrote:
> Sorry to cause such a stir ...I simply answered a
> question that was asked and gave some asked for
> insight.
>
>
> "Nominations" by definition are just that a
> nomination. One would think that a single
> nomination for an individual for a particular
> category would suffice and further nominations for
> said individual would be redundant and superfluous
> would they not?
>
> That being said, I will add to the TD of the year
> list of names as all his events I

So are we counting votes (nominations)? All individuals that i would like to see receive awards have already been nominated. Please advise.
July 08, 2013 08:42AM
Usm,
I'm really not sure at this point. "Nominations" are typicially used to get a group of names that are complied and then voted on seperatly for election/selection for specific positions/awards. Again that's how things would normally be ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 08:44AM by Joe_Kool.
July 08, 2013 08:49AM
maybe Joe and Ryan can start another thread and continue their p i s s i n g contest!

July 08, 2013 09:21AM
Agree!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
July 08, 2013 09:32AM
One post defending my nomination that someone else put on blast because they had unreasonable expectations does not equal a pissing contest.

I've seen the pissing contests that go on around here ;-)
July 08, 2013 12:06PM
No pissing contest here guys, I made one comment about a nomination, and got back on track. And I agree with joe I've seen some of the pissing contests around here which is why I didn't reply, not getting involved in that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 12:08PM by Ryan_Vann.
July 08, 2013 11:58PM
Pro Player of the year: I'm going Barret for he huge leap to being a 1000 rated player
Pro Women; miss Deb toured more than any others
Adv Men: hugetoss up like both guys but I'll give Chad S my vote, always trial Philip but he hung in there
Adv Women: which out a doubt the ever so beautiful Sara Senkbeil ( j├Ąger bombs)
Int men: Lil Downey, Joey really shine towards seconded half of year!
Volunteer I'm going to say myself if possible.. I pay cash sponsership/donations at every event I atten and help anyway I can all the time.. Lloyd Wilk, tony bass and a few other can back me up anyway can call on my at anytime I'm down to help anyway possible and I got flexible work scheuled for it
TD: last but not least loyld wilkinson.. Ha always went over and beyond to make his tounaments grade an event worth A shot at runnin on of the SNAC or SNPC
July 09, 2013 09:03AM
Chad Sherbert for AM Men
July 10, 2013 11:32AM
Jabba!
Betty
Eric
?
Randeye
DoubleD
Jaques/Bluff

BMB
July 13, 2013 11:48PM
Pro Men Player: Barrett Johnson
He has become an elite player in our series this year and is a player our series should be proud of.
Also Jon Fox for being an all around great guy and his dedication to disc golf playing 30 events.

Pro Women Player: Deborah Brouillette
A great player and even a better person, she is a joy to be around

Am Player: Chad Sherbert
He made some noise this year in the advanced division. I couldn't beat this guy in a single tournament but did get second behind him a few times. "Ya bastard" haha

Sportsman: Dylan Schultz
For traveling the coast in his huge van full of pint sized elite disc golfers, that will be the future in disc golf. You will never hear anything bad come from Dylan or his kids too. He is a disc golf role model and is such a pleasure to play a round with.

Volunteer and TD: Jaques Giraud
He goes over and beyond for every event. The hardest working TD in the land who is very deserving of this award. Not sure where Lafayette would be without him. Jaque took the entire week off from work to give us the best SNDC anyone could ask for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013