Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

If your in Nola on July 13th

Posted by niklpenny 
If your in Nola on July 13th
June 21, 2013 04:56PM

[sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net]

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Anonymous User
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 21, 2013 05:30PM
DJ Niklpenny? I'm there!
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 23, 2013 11:24PM
Remember when this forum used to be entertaining? the fights, the arguments, the drama, the troll's, Picture Slams etc....havent seen anything popcorn worthy in a long time.....Not even a peep from the Bluff...

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 10:09AM
The latest scandal is that the BOD violated rule 2.1 by yanking points away from players who earned them competing in a SN sanctioned event. The BOD did it because the TD did not forward the fees the players paid. It deprived at least one player of SNAC entry. Under the rules the player is SNAC qualified, but has no proof because the results were pulled from the site. It's destruction of evidence and an ex post facto taking of property without due process.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 10:15AM
If the Fee wasn't paid, then the tournament is not sanctioned, said player needs to chase down the tournament director, not the BOD. It's an unfortunate situation, but really if you only played 1 tournament this season, then you probably dont deserve to play the SNAC Anyway.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 10:28AM
The player paid the fee like they were supposed to, to the TD. No rule requires a player to chase down a TD. The event was sanctioned at the time of the event, so the player competed in a sanctioned event. No rule allows de-sanctioning of an event after it is over, for any reason. The player deserves to play in the SNAC because the rules say the player deserves to play in the SNAC. The player played more than one SN event in the season, but that is irrelevant under the rules because one is enough under the rules. The scandal is the BOD not following its own rules.
Anonymous User
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 11:37AM
It's not about following SN rules anymore Jazz, it's all about giving big hugs and kisses to Al & Eric and that's it. Just gotta stay on their good side and you can get away with anything. Don't think of the SN as a serious competitive venue anymore, it's more of a social club of disc golfers these days. You gotta keep up with the times!
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 04:57PM
I'm agreeing with Jazz on this. The $2 WAS taken out of the entry for SN sanctioning, it didn't go back into payout, therefor thus player/players should be awarded points for having that $2 taken out.

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 08:19PM
The fees for the Tishomingo Spring Torurnament were way past due. I was not the TD and had no part in the planning or financials or this tournament. Upon finding out about the non payment of SN fees, I told the BOD I would personally pay the fees. They have been paid by the TD. MY POINT, pay the past due fees yourself if you think the players are being mistreated.

Thanks for bringing the "latest scandal" to the attention of the masses, Kevin!! Your knowledge of the rules is almost overwhelming!!!
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 09:30PM
^^^^He did write most of them Mac.....

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 10:45PM
Niklpenny...thats my bday...I be there.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 24, 2013 11:08PM
Are you referring to the "South Miss Doubles" from last summer?

I got the hypothetical rules question from here:

[www.sndg.org]


Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fees for the Tishomingo Spring Torurnament
> were way past due. I was not the TD and had no
> part in the planning or financials or this
> tournament. Upon finding out about the non
> payment of SN fees, I told the BOD I would
> personally pay the fees. They have been paid by
> the TD. MY POINT, pay the past due fees yourself
> if you think the players are being mistreated.
>
> Thanks for bringing the "latest scandal" to the
> attention of the masses, Kevin!! Your knowledge
> of the rules is almost overwhelming!!!
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 10:25AM
@terry, even tho the $2 was taken out, it was not paid to the SN, therefore the fee's were not paid. I agree with the BOD on this, if the tournament fee's are not paid, then the even is unsanctioned, but I think that the TD who didnt pay them, should be banned from both playing and TD'ing ever again.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 05:05PM
There is a lack of consistency in claiming it's ok for the BOD to change the points rule after an event but not ok to change the nomination rule after the deadline is passed.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 05:19PM
Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a lack of consistency in claiming it's ok
> for the BOD to change the points rule after an
> event but not ok to change the nomination rule
> after the deadline is passed.


...and people wonder why nobody will run, You people do understand that complaining about the BOD after every decision is the biggest reason we can't get people to run for BOD. 3 of us are gone in a couple months, and I nominate You Discjazz to run for election. You already know all the rules, and you obviously know the best way to handle every single situation. So how about it, You ready to spend all the time You already do on the BOD side of the fence?
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 05:21PM
they did not change the points rule...the rule clearly states "A sanctioned tournament"..you can advertise your tournament on here, but it is officially sanctioned when the fee's are paid. If may 31st rolls around and the fee's have not been paid then that tournament should be removed. And as a matter of fact, I was informed that the nominations rule was in fact changed for this election as none of us actually got our declaration in on time.(I was mistaken on my date)

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 06:58PM
Thanks for your service Eric. Most of what I have done already to "help" has just made people mad, including you. I usually help whoever asks if I think their request is justified but I see no good reason for me to be on the BOD.

Now back to the rules issue with niklpenny (who was complaining about lack of arguments, prompting me to start one). You state that an event "is officially sanctioned when the fee's are paid" but you cite no authority for that. The difference between your argument and mine is that I cited a rule that supports my position, 2.1 "Players competing in SNDG sanctioned qualifier tournaments ... earn two (2) points on the last day of the tournament ...". Fees are rarely paid by the last day of a tournament, so under your theory, an event is never sanctioned at sign-up and rarely sanctioned while it is actually happening. So not only does your argument lack authority, it also makes little sense in my opinion. Events are sanctioned when the SN puts them on the schedule. If the BOD reserves the right to de-sanction an event after it is over, for whatever reason, I think that authority should be in the rules. It should be a series that follows rules, not one in which the rules are made up after the fact.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 25, 2013 08:41PM
I really think You should consider running, even if You ruffle a few feathers at least You can help with the understanding of all these new rules. There are so many views on the meaning of some of these rules that we sometimes have an issue coming to an agreement on the BOD. I know of two rules recently that We could not agree on because the wording left so much to interpretation.

For a response to points for unsanctioned events....

5.1 Any Tournament Director may submit an SN Tournament Qualifier Application to have his or her tournament deemed a SNDG Qualifier. SNDG Qualifying Tournaments must adhere to the following guidelines. Further information may be found on the SN Tournament Qualifier Application.

5.1.1 The tournament must be at least 150 miles away from any other 1-day SNDG Qualifier occurring on the same day or 250 miles away from any other 2-day SNDG Qualifier occurring on the same day.
5.1.1.1 Exception: If within the mileage restriction the TD for the first event scheduled can waive the mileage restriction and allow SN sanctioning of the second tournament. (example: if the second tournament is 130 miles away the TD of the first SN tournament sanctioned/scheduled may allow SN sanctioning/scheduling of the second).
5.1.1.2 Exception: If a 1-day tournament was scheduled first and a 2-day scheduled second then only the 150 mile bubble applies in regards to the distance from the 1-day tournament to the 2-day tournament.
5.1.2 $2 must be collected from each entrant and sent to the SNDG Treasurer.

If the event doesn't adhere to 5.1.2 then has not completed all steps to become a sanctioned event.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 09:20AM
Boom

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 12:37PM
Sorry Eric, I read this as a SN event must "adhere to 5.1.2". It's a rule a SN event must follow, not a rule to be a SN event (just saying what is written down). Furthermore, it doesn't state the consequence IF the SN event doesn't adhere to the rules. It's a SN event when asked to be, it's a SN event when advertised, it's a SN event the morning of, during, and night of the tournament, therefor it WAS granted SN sanctioning. The SN event <------- didn't abide by one of the rules, but nothing says what will happen if the already sanctioned event breaks a rule.

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:19PM
5.1.2.3 For accountabilities sake, SN TDs have a 2 month allotted timeframe in which to submit the SN fees to the SN treasurer. After 2 months the fees are considered delinquent and will be defined as such. After 3 months any subsequent SN sanctioned events by the delinquent TD will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournament taken off the SN schedule until the delinquent SN fees are paid.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:24PM
Oh

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:34PM
But you do know what that's days don't you? The definition of subsequent is: occurring or coming later or after. So after 3 months, any later SN sanctioned events by the delinquent td will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournament taken off the schedule ..........,

By the words written, it's the tournament that occur later that will be removed, not the tournament that started it all.

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:36PM
This is just the way I'm reading it.

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:47PM
dip it in choocolate and it will taste better Zinger
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 01:53PM
I consider it a rules drafting success that Eric is able to cite a rule the BOD believes supports the action the BOD wanted to take on this issue. This is especially true in that I don't recall this issue coming up at all during the drafting. Niklpenny's original point, that we are having fewer or less significant arguments now may also indicate a rules drafting success. I re-wrote section 2 but don't recall doing anything to section 5. I remain as unimpressed as Eric with my supposed "help" in giving us a new rules book. I did my best and will do so with future rules changes if the BOD asks for it. I won't cry if they don't, but I may express an opinion every now and then, all I have time for. I think Eric should stay on the BOD.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 02:10PM
We are so scandlous ... you never know about us. We are all about breaking Rules.
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 02:29PM
dip what in chocolate hudd? if you want to be an a s s about it well go ahead. If I don't understand what a rule is saying, I'm going to break it down to dumb it down for me. Is that not ok? What an ahole you are. I'm just reading and dumbing it down, you can't take that?

Terry Zeringue
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 03:15PM
argument and popcorn worthy drama=success

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 03:37PM
not being an a s s , The rule is plain, clear, and to the point. Example: If I said hey Terry, give me $10 and I'll make sure your Windows are washed every day by Kevin. Well suppose I take that $10 and stick it in my pocket and never give Kevin that money. In turn Kevin never knows to wash your windows. Are you going to demand that Kevin washes your windows...of course not. you are going to come looking for me as to where your $10 went. I was was joking with you about the Chocolate. Should have known better I guess.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 03:43PM by hudd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013