Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

If your in Nola on July 13th

Posted by niklpenny 
Re: If your in Nola on July 13th
June 26, 2013 04:25PM
The rule is plain, clear, and to the point??? LMFAO.
Did we not already prove that's it's just the opposite?
Look up the definition of subsequent and look at the rule again.
It's pretty clear to me that you don't know how to understand the words in a rule.
Is it pretty clear now?
I wasn't being argumentative at all, was having a conversation about what the rule states,,, not whining, expressing displeasure with the BOD, or anything of such nature, just simply having a conversation on what the rule states.
If the rule states something different than what you think it should state, well i'm sorry, but it's clear to me after I "dumb it down" what it is saying. You have yet to prove that it doesn't say that after I posted what the definition mean, you only went on the defensiveness

He was allowed to host a SN qualifying event. In doing so, he took $2 from every qualified player and never sent them in to the SN. The SN has a rule that clearly states "For accountabilities sake, SN TDs have a 2 month allotted timeframe in which to submit the SN fees to the SN treasurer. After 2 months the fees are considered delinquent and will be defined as such. After 3 months any subsequent" (coming later) "SN sanctioned events by the delinquent TD will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournament taken off the SN schedule until the delinquent SN fees are paid."

NEVER does it say it will take sanctioning away from the ALREADY sanctioned tournament.<--------------PLEASE prove to me where it clearly states this?

Terry Zeringue
Ian
June 26, 2013 04:26PM
Lets get back on target here....ElectroHouse >>>> Sanctioning rules!
June 26, 2013 04:39PM
Just look at our schedule page.

[www.sndg.org]

"Upcoming Southern National Qualifiers"
"This page contains upcoming Southern Nationals Qualifiers."

Once an event is over, it disappears from the schedule.

If an event is not a SNQ until after the TD pays the fees:

a) our schedule page should be empty because no fees have been paid yet on any upcoming events.
b) it is impossible to have a schedule of "Upcoming Southern National Qualifiers". By the time they are SNQ's they are gone off the schedule.
c) it is impossible to play in a SNQ. One can only play in an event that might one day become a SNQ.

If your going to hold the players accountable why not just let each player pay their $2 directly to the SNT?
Anonymous User
June 26, 2013 05:14PM
Zinger you're completely correct, but you apparently don't know the BOD's current Secret Rule #1.

Secret Rule #1 says, "When enforcing SN Rules, it matters if you're a friend of Hogman, Eric or Zack. Our friends can do whatever they want."

There's more Secret Rules that you should know Zinger. Secret Rule #2 says, "Kernan is always wrong."
June 26, 2013 05:46PM
When is that next ratings update Mike, or are You still mad about the admin power we never took away.

Zinger, there are two parts to this, future events that may be on the schedule, the part that You listed. 2nd part being where it talks about a single event, tournament not tournaments. Now maybe it should say "Results" and not "Schedule" but changing a rule is worse then stating one on here.

"For accountabilities sake, SN TDs have a 2 month allotted timeframe in which to submit the SN fees to the SN treasurer. After 2 months the fees are considered delinquent and will be defined as such. After 3 months any subsequent" (coming later) "SN sanctioned events by the delinquent TD will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournament taken off the SN schedule until the delinquent SN fees are paid."
Ian
June 26, 2013 06:52PM
Eric and Hog run the show around here nowadays?

The more you know....

Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zinger you're completely correct, but you
> apparently don't know the BOD's current Secret
> Rule #1.
>
> Secret Rule #1 says, "When enforcing SN Rules, it
> matters if you're a friend of Hogman, Eric or
> Zack. Our friends can do whatever they want."
>
> There's more Secret Rules that you should know
> Zinger. Secret Rule #2 says, "Kernan is always
> wrong."
June 26, 2013 07:02PM
Well some new blood is coming to the BOD.
Myself
Dustin Morris
Johnathan Nyce
we are the 3 running
there are 3 spots open.
I wont let em do ya dirty no more kernan

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
June 26, 2013 07:33PM
Eric, the word subsequent is what's messing up your interpretation. "After 3 months any subsequent SN sanctioned events"

By definition this means all later events, NOT PAST.

So unless proven otherwise, the BOD is wrong on this. THIS statement is clear as day.

Ryan, hope y'all can read and understand the rules. Also hope you know nobody is arguing or lashing out at BOD, just stating what the rule clearly states. If you think differently, but can't explain or prove why, then you won't be a good fit for the bod,,,,,, or maybe you'd fit right in ;-)

Terry Zeringue
June 26, 2013 08:53PM
Zinger so You are reading it this way...
SN sanctioned events by the delinquent TD will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournaments taken off the SN schedule until the delinquent SN fees are paid.

If "Tournament" was plural I would totally agree with You. Otherwise we would be saying that we would only take one event off the schedule even if the delinquent TD had 8 events listed. I get what You are trying to say but If I got through the trouble to rewrite the rule, then the next nitpicker will come by a try to find another loop hole. You are more then welcome to rewrite it to show the original meaning and I will bring it up to whats left of the BOD.
Ian
June 26, 2013 09:13PM
That's a lot of discussion on the inclusion or exclusion of an "s" in a thread that misuses the word "your" in its title.
June 26, 2013 09:47PM
Eric, no, I don't care about the "s". It's the fact it says "After 3 months any subsequent SN sanctioned event"

I'm reading this as the definition of the words in which is to be read!

Subsequent meaning coming later. So AFTER 3 months<----- the subsequent <--------coming later,,,, SN sanctioned event(s) will be yadda yadda yadda.

Where am I saying anything about 1tournament or multiple tournaments?
I'm merely saying that by definition of the words in the rule, the event or events coming later than the 3 months after the tournament of no fees, will be not sanctioned.
I see this as pretty much word for word.

I don't know what you are taking about when saying I'm putting a "s" or whatever.

Terry Zeringue
June 26, 2013 10:19PM
Zinger, please wright the rule how You see fit and pass it on to Me. I will personally bring it up to what is left the BOD.

niklpenny Wrote:
> Well some new blood is coming to the BOD.
> Myself
> Dustin Morris
> Johnathan Nyce
> we are the 3 running
> there are 3 spots open.
> I wont let em do ya dirty no more kernan

Dustin Morris? He has not contacted Me in anyway saying He was going to run.
June 27, 2013 07:55AM
hudd Wrote:
> not being an a s s , The rule is plain, clear, and
> to the point. Example: If I said hey Terry, give
> me $10 and I'll make sure your Windows are washed
> every day by Kevin. Well suppose I take that $10
> and stick it in my pocket and never give Kevin
> that money. In turn Kevin never knows to wash your
> windows. Are you going to demand that Kevin
> washes your windows...of course not. you are going
> to come looking for me as to where your $10 went.
> I was was joking with you about the Chocolate.
> Should have known better I guess.

And your example is not how the SN works. It's more like this:

I give you $10 for Kevin to wash my windows everyday, so the day I give the money to you my windows get washed. Kevin realizes that he never received the money from you. By your standards, Kevin should throw dirt on my windows because he already washed it. But what the rule says, every day coming later, Kevin is to not wash my windows.

Terry Zeringue
June 27, 2013 08:00AM
Eric, the rule is fine the way it is. If a player plays in a SN qualifier, that person gets points. If the TD doesn't turn in the $$, the SN cannot go back and take the qualifier away, but by rule can take future qualifiers away.

Terry Zeringue
June 27, 2013 09:14AM
Where woul the money come from to pay the SN fees if the BOD did not take this action?
June 27, 2013 09:44AM
Eric, he is correct. Using standard American English, the rule states that subsequent tourneys/events will be taken off the schedule. You would have to add something about the offending event being de-sanctioned to give the rule the teeth that you wish it to have. But as it is currently written, the rule states that only subsequent events will be removed.
June 27, 2013 10:44AM
Maybe the bigger problem is revealed in Eric's post of June 26, 2013 05:46PM in which he states "changing a rule is worse then stating one on here". I think he is saying that sometimes the BOD realizes the rules conflict with what they want to do and rather than re-writing the necessary sections of the rules they just ignore the conflict and do what they want. I disagree with that as much as revoking points players paid and played for in justifiable reliance on a rule granting the points.

I understand that the BOD members are volunteers. They donate large amounts of time to the series and it is tempting to trade fairness for expediency. I do not question their motives and they deserve our respect and appreciation just for trying. However I do think the integrity they and we deserve requires proper protocol. If the BOD can't figure out how to change the rule or get somebody's help in doing it then they need to just follow the rules and get over it. It's a long standing problem we have had so this is not a criticism of any BOD member personally. It will never be fair to write new rules for old facts. Make new rules for the future but apply the rules in existence today.
June 27, 2013 11:15AM
I don't know Robert, you have any suggestions using the rules in place? An extra $2 per person that attends one of the championships? Idk, I'm just trying to follow rules.

Terry Zeringue
June 27, 2013 11:28AM
Robert 'Mac', you never answered my question about the event you were ready to cover fees for but I will answer your's. If the fees are not paid by the TD or otherwise then the SNC payouts will be a little smaller than they should be, whether points are revoked or not. The SNC payouts may be bigger with more entries if the points are not revoked. There is no good reason for the SNC's to loose entry money in addition to SNQ money. We are talking about admitting players who paid and played in a SNQ. There is no harm in letting them play a SNC. You can charge them an extra $2 if you really think their $2 is that important, but I wouldn't.
June 28, 2013 09:40AM
The Tishomingo Spring Tournament was way past due and in danger of being voided. Bill McCarty finally paid the fees via Pay-Pal. This was all handled by pm and e-mail. Sorry for the delayed answer.
June 28, 2013 02:59PM
Thanks Robert 'Mac'. The "scandal" I referred to has nothing to do with Tish or Bill. It's just a rule integrity frustration thing to me. Maybe I hyped it up a little for entertainment value, but there was a rules point to be made. Thanks to TheZinger, Bluff and dwridener for helping me make it. I see we didn't change any minds this time either but I'm used to that. Guess I'm a head banger from way back.
June 28, 2013 08:08PM
Yea..you made a huge difference Kevin..made me decide to find something else to do with my time .
June 30, 2013 03:20PM
What did I make you decide to not do?

hudd Wrote:
> Yea..you made a huge difference Kevin..made me
> decide to find something else to do with my time .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013