Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disc Golf Club Wall Doxey and New Albany

Posted by Ricco Suavez 
Disc Golf Club Wall Doxey and New Albany
June 22, 2013 06:25PM
It's my understanding that some players have formed a DG club that utilizes these two venues. I would be interested in supporting this club by joining if I could get some contact information. I have always loved the Wall Doxey courses and the New Albany course has been redesigned and is better than ever. It would not hurt to show some support for the Wall Doxey park and courses, perhaps help with course maintenance, minis, and tournaments. Thanks in advance.
Re: Disc Golf Club Wall Doxey and New Albany
June 23, 2013 08:37AM
I looked for the New Albany Course but could not find it. I got lost in all the road construction. Can you give me directions from Pontotoc?

Dangerous Don
June 23, 2013 11:17AM
They are called Hillcountry Disc Golf Club. I can give you their contact information if you would like.
June 24, 2013 09:49AM
@ Cody,
Strange name, only one small hill (mound) on the course.

@ Don,
Directions: if you have a GPS key in N 34 29.598' W089 00.771'
The park where the course is called "Park along River" on the Tallahatchie River.
Look up Tallahatchie Riverfest to see a map.
First hole is a long way from the parking lot, walk over the bridge and follow walking track.

From Pontotoc, (there may be an easier way??)
Take Hwy 15N, go under Hwy 78/I22 and turn left onto Bankhead (old 78)
get on E Main, go thru downtown
Turn left onto Carter Ave.
One of the park entrance is on Carter Ave, (near a horse on stilts!)
another entrance is on Snyder St. (they come together inside park)

Hope this helps,
Joey
June 25, 2013 08:53PM
Thanks Joey. Next time I am up that way I will contact you. I tried a few weeks ago to play at a park I think you live by in Alabama, but can't remember the name. I got off the interstate and when I came to the gate it was closed and it was a weekday. I believe you were listed as the contact on the discgolfcoursereview site. They had just had a tournament there over the weekend and I was traveling on a Monday. I think the town was Hamilton.

Dangerous Don
July 02, 2013 11:29AM
Hey Don,

The Hamilton course is never closed. The gate you came to blocks folks from driving on the course. You just missed the parking lot. Here are some lat/longs for you.

34.133911, -87.997838
Hole 1 Tee

34.132814,-87.997885
Parking Lot for the course.

Your welcome to call me or text anytime you need directions to most of the courses in NE Ms.

Keith
662-305-5077
July 09, 2013 08:49PM
Thanks, I am coming up to Pontotoc the weekend of the 20th and 21st. I will be looking to play Sunday morning as I will be heading back to home.....just a quick trip for my wife's Mom's Patterson Reunion. I will give you a call.

Dangerous Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013