Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Logan Weiss Stolen Bag!!!

Posted by Akeem 
Logan Weiss Stolen Bag!!!
July 07, 2013 06:18PM
Hello South Nats family. I wasnt at the SNDC this past weekend but was just informed that Logan Weiss' disc golf bag was stolen sat evening while he was away practice putting! Seriously people.....What kind of low life would steal another players entire bag and especially a kid who cares more abt this sport than anybody I know! Logan is a good friend of mine and I can attest that he is by far one of the most talented, hard working golfers in the entire southern nationals region! If anybody knows the where abts or has any information in regaurds to this matter please contact me via facebook or email WilliamsA03@lsus.edu. He has given me a list of things he throws and I am doing what I can to help him get whatever he needs. If u have any of these discs and or would like to help him get these discs back please help him out. He is going to be representing us(sn) in the world chmpionships in abt a month or so so time is of a virtue. Discs:teebirds,rocs,destroyers,avairs, and then flippy stuff like roadrunners,valks,and sidewinders
and a firebird. Thank u guys for ur time and please help our nxt rising pro get back on his feet.
Re: Logan Weiss Stolen Bag!!!
July 07, 2013 06:46PM
Zinger posted that he had an iphone5 in the bag. He needs to call Apple and tell them what happened and they can tell him what to do. The phone has to be turned on so if he cancelled the phone service there's no way to trace it.

I'm afraid all my plastic is ancient...mostly beat up ex-Fowler Eagles but I'm sure the SN family (and maybe some of those dealers out there) will help out...they always do!
July 08, 2013 08:10AM
What kind of rocs and teebirds does he like?? I can help out with one of those. I have lots of backups in that dept that I would be glad to donate to a well mannered young man!!

Sorry this happened to you Logan. Especially in the middle of the dang tourney. What a low-life POS!!!
July 08, 2013 11:02AM
I've got a couple of discs that I don't use that I can send him. I hate when things like this happen to good people!!!
July 08, 2013 11:18AM
I'm sending two Valkyries for sure. A 165 and a 175.
July 08, 2013 04:20PM
I will have everything but the Avairs He uses, I think they are the McBeths. Also trying to find out what molds on the teebirds and rocs. I only got 12x's right now.
July 10, 2013 10:35AM
Anybody???
July 10, 2013 11:33AM
Got a ROC and tee bird he can have . Will ask the rest of the south side crew what we have .
July 10, 2013 11:33AM
There.s a theif on tour.Sad!

BMB
July 10, 2013 11:37AM
There were lots of other people in and out that afternoon that wasn't a discgolfer. I remember seeing several Bobtrucks come in and out of parking lot. Would hate to know that it was a fellow Golfer. You never know these days.
July 10, 2013 12:08PM
Yo Zack.what's a bob truck look like?

BMB
July 10, 2013 01:43PM
I wouldn't rule out other players. Stealing his bag would be a good way to avoid getting whooped by him. More likely not a golfer, but who knows?

Where was he? What kind of bag? What color discs? What time of day? Any identifying marks on the bag? If they weren't disc golfers, I'd have checked the nearby dumpsters. They don't care about plastic, so the bag would likely have been dumped after they got the phone, etc.

Joe is right. Use the phone if you can. And no, it doesn't have to be on.
July 10, 2013 08:22PM
I feel really bad that a player's belongings were stolen from one of the venues at our event. I called the hotel and asked them to check their lost-and-found to no avail.

This weekend there were Disc Golfers on the course who are welders, oilfield workers, attorneys, engineers, architects, teachers, carpenters, business owners, accountants, lab technicians, waiters, computer programmers, salesmen, handymen, students...you get the point, a broad cross section of society, young and old.

It stands to reason that a sport that attracts people from all walks of life would also attract a wide variety of folks in regards to character. I would like to think that all Disc Golfers are honest, virtuous people but the reality is that we aren't all good and we aren't all bad, probably no better or worse than any other group of people and there are individuals among us who aren't trustworthy. It is sad but true.
July 10, 2013 08:55PM
Well said!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
July 10, 2013 10:43PM
No one but a "disc golfer" would want it...... sad but true.
Anonymous User
July 10, 2013 10:46PM
jacques Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel really bad that a player's belongings were
> stolen from one of the venues at our event. I
> called the hotel and asked them to check their
> lost-and-found to no avail.
>
> This weekend there were Disc Golfers on the course
> who are welders, oilfield workers, attorneys,
> engineers, architects, teachers, carpenters,
> business owners, accountants, lab technicians,
> waiters, computer programmers, salesmen, handymen,
> students, a thief...you get the point, a broad cross
> section of society, young and old.
>
> It stands to reason that a sport that attracts
> people from all walks of life would also attract a
> wide variety of folks in regards to character. I
> would like to think that all Disc Golfers are
> honest, virtuous people but the reality is that we
> aren't all good and we aren't all bad, probably no
> better or worse than any other group of people and
> there are individuals among us who aren't
> trustworthy. It is sad but true.
July 11, 2013 01:22AM
No luck so far in finding the bag, discs, iphone, or wallet.

Saturday evening after enjoying the best tournament cookout ever..a group of us were hanging out in the tennis courts watching Logan take it to the worlds putting champion. The bag was left at tournament central somewhere near the tables everyone was eating at. Around 9:30 we noticed the bag was missing. Things had calmed down considerably by then; however, there were still a dozen or so folks hanging out at tables. I suppose it was sometime between 8:00pm and 9:30pm that the bag disappeared. Potentially someone saw the bag being taken away but thought nothing of it at the time.

The bag is a first production run black Grip eq. It looks a bit different than the later models and has some minor frays near the rain cover snaps. If someone is packing it around, they wont have the custom numbered bag tag that came with it as proof of purchase.

The iphone is a black 4s and requires a pass code to use.

The wallet had his DL but no cash. What kind of 17 yr old deposits their entire two paycheck into their savings account on payday? One that's determined to go to worlds at the end of the summer.

The discs have his name on them, nothing collectible or custom stamped even.

At this point I'm doubting any of his stuff is going to show up. Because resentment is a luxury that I can't afford, I'm choosing to focus on the generosity that so many have shown in light of what has happened. That being said Logan is indeed in need of some discs. Going into last weekend he really didn't have any backups, so he really is having to start from scratch. He normally just throws whatever he can get his hands on and doesn't care who makes it; however, I got him to give me a wish list of discs that he would like to have.

If you can spare one of the following discs or something similar, new or used please consider donating it to the cause. He will be in Biloxi this coming weekend at the Hiller Doubles tournament or you can PM me to make other arrangements. Thanks.

171-175g drivers
176-180g mids

Star Destoyer
Star KC Wraith
KC Firebird
KC Teebird
KC Roc
KC Aviar
Champion Roadrunner
Champion Valkerie
Champion Tern
Champion or Star Stingray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2013 01:25AM by Chunk.
July 11, 2013 07:44PM
Chunk tell Logan I have some discs coming his way .
4 star destroyers , 3 k c teebirds , 2 k c wraiths , 2 k c rocks , 1 j k valk , 1 star firebird , 1 k c aviar. I had a fue extras laying around . Most are new , the used ones have no ink in very good condition.

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
July 11, 2013 08:34PM
Well done Keith!!!!! Hero status!!!
July 12, 2013 05:59AM
Anyone have Logan's address.. Got a care package from north Mississippi headed his way
July 22, 2013 09:57AM
if caught can we please determine now that this person/persons would be banned completely from any SN event?

scumbags

July 22, 2013 10:04AM
Main > News > Middle East

New PA Laws: Cutting Off Thieves' Hands, Lashes for Drinking
Hamas is lobbying for a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in Gaza
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013