Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Hole in my boss
July 09, 2013 06:37AM
Ok my disc (boss) landed on top of a fence and put a hole in it and I glue it tight , what the chance it will still perform right ?
Re: Hole in my boss
July 09, 2013 01:52PM
It will fly fine, but it is now illegal to use in tournament play..... sorry.
July 10, 2013 06:40AM
:-( thanks :-(
July 10, 2013 03:14PM
It is illegal but odds are against anyone calling you out on it. Unless its really noticable. Having a sticker on your disc is illegal and so is no name on your disc.
July 10, 2013 05:29PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is illegal but odds are against anyone calling
> you out on it. Unless its really noticable.
> Having a sticker on your disc is illegal and so is
> no name on your disc.

Your disc doesn't have to have your name on it....just has to be uniquely marked.
801.02 F

Stickers placed by the manufacturer are allowed by the Technical Standards Document, but an argument can be made that it does not cover stickers indicating weight. If the sticker has the name, or an abbreviation of the name, of the disc, it can be considered legal.....as long as it was placed by the manufacturer.
Technical Standards
Anonymous User
July 10, 2013 06:41PM
dustin morris Wrote:

> Having a sticker on your disc is illegal

I'm going to disagree with you on that opinion Mr. Morris. Although the rules (Technical Standards in this case) pertaining to disc stickers are not written well, nowhere do they say that stickers are illegal.

I don't like the way the Technical Standards refer to "permanent stickers", as it does make me question what is the difference between a permanent sticker and a non-permanent one? Perhaps a Rules Q & A on stickers in the next edition of the pDGA Rules of Play would be helpful. And I know how to get that done---just let someone at pDGA HQ take credit for this brilliant idea. I'll submit another "anonymous" email to the RC so they can incorporate this. It makes them feel like they're doing something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 06:41PM by Bluff Magee.
July 10, 2013 09:19PM
From my experiences, the permanent stickers placed by the manufacturers (as in Discraft weight stickers) come off with less effort than the "temporary" price stickers placed by the vendor. They do need to re-write that paragraph in the standards document.
Anonymous User
July 10, 2013 10:49PM
I've seen people put the innova oval sticker on their disc before, I would call that a permanent sticker.

As for name, just needs to be uniquely marked, identifying marks.

Just buy a new Boss. They're $15.
July 12, 2013 01:56PM
Tech Standards are guidelines for manufacturers. They may apply stickers as appropriate and they are legal for play without being removed. No other stickers added by retailers (prices) or players (decoration) may remain on the disc for sanctioned play.
July 15, 2013 09:08PM
At work today, I wanted to put a hole in my boss. But then I'd be in trouble with the law. Carry on...
July 15, 2013 09:47PM
JasonATL Wrote:
> At work today, I wanted to put a hole in my boss.
> But then I'd be in trouble with the law. Carry
> on...

Where's my BBQ sauce?

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
July 16, 2013 11:44AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> JasonATL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > At work today, I wanted to put a hole in my
> boss.
> > But then I'd be in trouble with the law. Carry
> > on...
>
> Where's my BBQ sauce?

I'm your huckleberry. You coming to NOLA Doubles? I will hook you up...be sure to remind me!
July 16, 2013 12:16PM
Pat Fisher and I are playing in Advance Masters.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013