Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Redstone Arsenal Course Access?

Posted by JasonATL 
Redstone Arsenal Course Access?
August 05, 2013 03:55PM
Planning a disc golf road trip...potentially in the fall.

I have been wanting to play the Redstone Arsenal course in Huntsville for quite some time.

How difficult is it to gain access and play the course? Do you have to play with a local?

Any info would be appreciated.
Re: Redstone Arsenal Course Access?
August 05, 2013 06:51PM
Contact Levonne Wolfe at Wolfe Discs ...... he will clue you in!!!!!
August 05, 2013 07:20PM
OK...thanks!
August 06, 2013 08:56PM
Jason,

Access is very limited. The only way to get on is to go with someone who has a DOD badge or is retired military. As long as they drive you onto the base, you're good to go. BTW, you must have a valid ID to get on. If you are driving, you must also have proof of insurance. Do not speed! Do not carry illegal drugs or firearms (even if you have a pistol permit) onto base as they randomly inspect all incoming cars.

If you can't find anyone (Lavonne doesn't have access btw), UAH and Indian Creek are the 2 new "pro" courses, but mowing is spotty. For a fun pitch and putt round, play the oldest course still in its original location at Brahan Springs. There's always a crowd. You might just be able to show up there and ask around to see if anyone can get you on base.

Josh
August 07, 2013 10:26AM
I don't have a problem with any of the rules, but finding someone who is retired military or has a DOD badge would be a challenge.

Guess I will have to put this one on the "maybe" list.

Thanks for the input.
August 07, 2013 11:44AM
That is why I said talk to Lavonne.... he can tell u who can get you on!!!! Play it if you can ..... awesome!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013