Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Different Levels of Tournaments

Posted by Brad 
Re: Different Levels of Tournaments
January 23, 2003 05:35PM
points begin June 1!!
The Alabama State is usually one of the last opportunies, at least up north, to get some points. However, it's supposed to be in Huntsville this year and I haven't heard if it will be PDGA or SNDG. That will be up to them if they indeed follow through with it. Of course, you know, anything can happen. RwC
January 24, 2003 11:10AM
Ok here is a question...and maybe I am asking too many...heh.

Since the SEASON starts on June 1st 2003...does that mean that only Tournaments played in between June 1st 2003 and August 31st 2003 qualify you for the Southern National Championship?

Hmmmm??

OR does every Tournament from June 1st 2002 up until May 31st 2003 Qualify you for the 2003 Finals?

One reason, I am asking is because I need to know if I can advertise our Memphis Tournament as a Pre-Qualifier to people for the 2003 Championship in BR. I ASSUME I can.

Brad
January 24, 2003 11:16AM
Bud Hill has always been one of the last few chances to play and qualify in your division for the SN finals...at least that has always been my understanding of the season. June 1, 2002--May 31, 2003 then SN finals in August.
Griff seems to have a handle on it. It appears to be pretty simple. The 2003 season started June 1, 2003 and ends May 31, 2003. June 1, 2003 starts the 2004 points season and has nothing to do with the 2003 SNDG Championship events. Certainly, the May Bud Hill/Shelby Forest event would be a 2003 points qualifier. RwC
To follow up on The Zinger's comments upthread, I noticed that the towns hosting just a few events are hosting either two day tournaments, or maybe a one day tournament and a two day tournament within a single season. Baton Rouge has many tournaments but most are one day tourneys.

I like TZ's comments about having fewer tournaments but making them larger. Perhaps by cutting the number of tournaments back but making more of them two day events (Greenwood/Highland/eventually Scottlandville or wherever) would help draw a consistently larger number of players from farther away.

Combine a series of two-day events with a rolling acepot that could get VERY large by the end of the season, and you have the makings for a tournament series that would be well-attended. I'd think so, anyway....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013