Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ft. Buhlow Course Expansion Redux

Posted by Jazzcaster 
Re: Ft. Buhlow Course Expansion Redux
December 16, 2013 05:39PM
Others have said what you are saying just not on the forum. I have heard them from several disc golfers. I was going to try and play the course for myself on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but the weather was rain for 3 days. It is hard for me to justify driving 2.5 hours to play the course with all the other things going I have going on. My problem is not so much with the course or the designers, as much as the arrogance they show towards people.

I got 5 better than this one with out even seeing it.
1. Highland Park B.R. late 80 till Andrew hit it. (was top 10 in the world at that time)
2. Rez
3. Bud Hill
4. Magnolia DGC Live Oak Fl.
5. Any course Jabba designs.

December 16, 2013 06:08PM
Not too stir the pot, but since day one people been trashing our course and the fact that we designed it, people who have not even played the course. The old timers have been pretty arrogant themselves, claiming from jump how much better other courses are than ours without ever even laying eyes on it. We are not arrogant, we are proud, and we really couldn't care less what the few that have no clue say about it. This is really about petty personal grudges and it's just sad that my course is being used to do battle. There are crap tons of arrogant golfers, this is not something new. How about you come play the course and see it for yourself. It may not win best course or favorite course, but I can say with certainty it is a top tier championship level course and there is really no equal in Louisiana.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
December 16, 2013 06:28PM
Not to stir the pot is kind of like with all due respect. I am going to do it anyway. It's all good. My comment was about someone patting them self on the back in a review. CENLA......

December 16, 2013 08:03PM
Ryan you just said you were not arrogant but then you say buhlow is a top tier championship caliber course and that it hasn no equal in Louisiana the same sentence.
December 16, 2013 08:07PM

December 16, 2013 08:14PM
LOL
December 16, 2013 08:15PM
I hate to say it, but I'll probably never play it because I wouldn't feel comfortable looking over my shoulder for someone who has threatened more than one who has disagreed with him.
December 16, 2013 09:06PM
Let me ask you this. Some guy calls you a (Feminine Cleaning) Bag, How do you respond? I merely invited the man to express his feelings to me in person and then I also made him aware of the consequences and repercussions. Was not a threat, merely an informative disclosure.
2nd-Guy literally threatens to end my life by shooting me, so I respond and invite him to take a his shot. I then displayed my elation and rejoiced in what I knew would be his failure to accomplish said task by stating how happy I was going to be to exact retribution.

I have never not ever threatened anyone for disagreeing with me, that is just a bold face lie, with malicious intent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 09:08PM by niklpenny.
December 16, 2013 09:17PM
Neither a lie, nor with malicious intent.
December 16, 2013 09:40PM
...and just to clear things up, the actual post to you by that person was "DJ DB," and that is the exact usage by him, not "(Feminine Cleaning) bag" or what you meant by the words in the parentheses.

You are the one that answered that you were going to (Sexual Act) him up....but you used a word that begins with the letter F.

Go on, Mister Niccolini...go ahead and deny that you are capable of imperfection. Go ahead and ban me for this post, which violates no rules. Or, just threaten me in a pm as you did with them.

Does the BOD approve of other board members threatening other disc golfers in private messages?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 09:42PM by Warlord.
December 16, 2013 09:52PM
Entire conversation took place privately on facebook, as it should have, yet once again, I am the bad guy? Lets twist the context to make it seem like I am a menacing person. The guy does not know me yet he decides to speak ill of me, I took offense, PRIVATELY I expressed my feelings and called him out. I expect nothing less from any man.

December 16, 2013 09:55PM
Does the BOD approve of other board members threatening other disc golfers in private messages?

Simple yes or no from each board member is requested.
December 16, 2013 10:04PM
Facebook message, dude you just cannot stop with the constant half truth's.

December 16, 2013 10:10PM
Does Facebook have private messages? Yes.
Does it matter which vehicle that a Member of the BOD uses to threaten another disc golfer? It shouldn't, because he is using it while he is in office.
December 17, 2013 01:47AM
I will wade into this argument no deeper than to say that in the first place, I would never rate a course that I designed or helped design.

I would certainly not try to pass off my near perfect reviews as an objective analysis and not fully disclose my involvement in the design.

Neither of these statements requires me to have played the courses, which I will do at my first convenience.

Carry on threatening to kill one another now, I've said my peace.
December 17, 2013 09:52AM
undertowgolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holes 2-8 on gold are poorly designed. 12-14 on
> purple as well and a few I can't remember.
> Alxtgr if u leave pineville u will find a
> better course its really not hard to find
> better

I can't see what would be wrong with 2 or 3 on gold. Great holes. 4 and 6 suck hard. I agree. I think 4 could be fixed easily. 6, not so much. 8 is a basic tunnel as is 5. I've played worse holes everywhere I've been.

12-14 on purple. Hmm. 12 is great. 13 sucks, I agree. 14? It's not overly long or too short. It has offset trees giving the golfer choices on how to attack it. I can't see a problem there.

You didn't mention gold 13. It too is terrible.

You can't know where I've played, so I will give you a pass, but I've played courses in Shreve, Lafayette, BR, Baker and Zachary. Buhlow is the best of those by a long shot. Even if you throw out the poor holes, you are left with many more than 18 great ones, and the layout allows the holes to be played in many different combinations.
December 17, 2013 10:07AM
Ryan, you need thicker skin. With that you can take some pride in having your own personal troll - like me. Because, if unintentionally comedic posts like the following get you worked up, then you are going to stay worked up a LOT:

Before the first tree was cut:

Sorry Eric! It is hard to get excite [sic] about a course that was designed by people who have been playing less than 2 years and only one of those [sic] have been to any tournaments.

After the course has been playable for a month:

I got 5 better than this one [b]with out [/b][sic][b] even seeing it[/b].

Does it really surprise you that some people are chomping at the bit to trash the course? Just wait until they see the par designations . . .

Please, everyone, come play the courses first and then trash them. Because if you do it in that order, at least you will have some arguable basis for doing so. If you want to actually be helpful, then offer criticism of specific holes. In fact, if anyone is going to be playing them over the next few weeks, and you want some company, please PM me, I'd be happy to play a round with you [yes, even you Keith]. And if you want to criticize the holes, the whole course, or my arrogance while we're playing, that is fine too. I've asked most of the people I know what they thought of the course and gotten generally positive feedback on most of it along with criticism (almost all of it pretty valid) of some of the holes.

Jacques
"I would never rate a course that I designed or helped design."

Good for you! I've rated every course that I have ever played, even the two that I helped to design parts of. FWIW, I rated the original course as a 4.5. I had initially rated it lower, but then as I started playing more and more courses, it became clear, to me at least, that the original course was really a better course than I had played elsewhere and this was a repeating trend. I think Purple is better than the original 18 (Purple has 11 of the original holes) for the loss of the most poorly designed hole on the original course (12), the two "throwaway holes" (14 and 16), the hole with the misplaced/misaligned teepad and the ending on the shortest hole. But that is just my opinion, as is my rating on DGCR. I look forward to playing a course that I like more than even the original course, but it hasn't happened yet (although, with a lot of love from BREC, I'd likely rank Highland Rd. the best I had ever played, just not in the condition it's in now).

But then again, what do I know? I've only been playing for 18 months.
December 17, 2013 10:19AM
I will never play or support anything in Cenla as long as you are involved with disc golf there.

Lawyer
But then again, what do I know? I've only been playing for 18 months.

The only thing you have ever said I agree with 100%

December 17, 2013 11:03AM
Oh bitter Bodin.

BMB
December 17, 2013 11:25AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> I will never play or support anything in Cenla as
> long as you are involved with disc golf there.
>

Oh good Lord...the butthurt is strong with this one.

I've played the new course. Interesting mix of holes and challenges. Kind of long, like Flanacher. I prefer the old course, but the more i play the new course I am sure it will grow on me, and surely some of these geniuses can develop a mix of holes on the old and new courses that will be really challenging. It is nice to have all these options available to play here in CENLA. Kudos to the guys for going to the RRWC and getting the funds and work to build it.
December 17, 2013 02:11PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:

C'mon. Beers are on me. I'll even throw in a Redeye Burger at Spirits (but just for Keith, just beer for everyone else 'cuz I don't have that kind of money).

And Alan, if you come down, I promise to watch your back for you.
December 17, 2013 03:24PM
Nice of you to offer, Eric....but no thanks.

I admit that I got a little out of hand in my treatment of Ryan, but that goes with the ins and outs of being manic-depressive. I do, though, think that he needs to work a little bit on his online persona.

I'll go ahead and call a truce....I will stay out of this from now on. Thanks to Ryan for what you've done, but don't believe that you know it all. Take constructive advice into consideration, even if it doesn't seem constructive at the time. None of us are perfect....except for this guy named Bluff.
December 17, 2013 08:35PM
...and to show that I have no hard feelings, I will play the new courses between now and 3 Jan 14. Don't know when, yet, but I will gladly play a round with Ryan and Eric as guides on the new courses.
Will bring camera and voice recorder to take notes. Will publish my MGF1 (Mens Grandmaster Fat Am 1) review of the course...hole by hole....on dgcoursereview an this forum.

Just to let you know, I usually overdress for disc golf. This is what I will wear for this round:

December 17, 2013 08:45PM
nice

December 18, 2013 11:37AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
>
>
> But then again, what do I know? I've only been
> playing for 18 months.
>
>
>
> The only thing you have ever said I agree with
> 100%
You are truly one miserable human being.
December 18, 2013 08:23PM
I can only hope to meet you one day.....

December 19, 2013 07:04PM
AlxTgr Wrote:
> Keith Bodin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I will never play or support anything in Cenla
> as
> > long as you are involved with disc golf there.
> >
> >
> > But then again, what do I know? I've only been
> > playing for 18 months.
> >
> >
> >
> > The only thing you have ever said I agree with
> > 100%
> You are truly one miserable human being.

I will let the charity of my next benefit know that we will be 1 entry fee less this year because you feel I am truly one miserable human being.....Still hope to meet you one day.

January 07, 2014 11:22AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> I can only hope to meet you one day.....

Beers are on Eric. Come on up!
January 07, 2014 11:55AM
Keith, you have met him... you dont remember that dude doing all the arguing at the players party that night at the SNDC? or maybe that was Jazzcaster
January 07, 2014 01:20PM
hudd Wrote:
> Keith, you have met him... you dont remember that
> dude doing all the arguing at the players party
> that night at the SNDC? or maybe that was
> Jazzcaster

That was Jazzcaster/Eric Miller.....

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17