Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Ft. Buhlow Course Expansion Redux
September 13, 2013 09:18AM
Should be done in about 2 weeks Casey

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
September 25, 2013 10:46AM
New signs coming with accurate distances, for entire course, not just the expansion

September 30, 2013 03:55PM
cox3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When will the 2nd course be ready for play? I
> assume we will be playing all 36 holes for LA
> states?

Currently about 6-8 of the tee boxes have yet to be poured. However the forms for all those have now been built. At the current rate, I would expect the tee boxes to be completed within two weeks (but that expectation is really just a guess). After that, 18 baskets and 19 tee signs will need to be put in the ground. Add at least two more weeks for that. Figure on getting to play the new holes no earlier than Halloween and possibly not until Thanksgiving.

Additionally, this is the layout data that will appear on the tee signs. Previous distances were estimates. These have been obtained with a laser and gps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 04:08PM by Jazzcaster.
October 01, 2013 09:06AM
Well done Jazz.
October 07, 2013 09:40PM
A number of the mounting collars are set in concrete. There are still a few collars to go and 6 or so tees to pour. Still have signs to put up as well.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2013 10:56PM
We call them sleeves. Lol.
October 23, 2013 07:59PM
Sign posts went up today and sign decals should be up on both courses. Everything is done except putting the baskets in the bases. The baskets were scheduled to be put up on Friday but there is a delay. The course might be ready to play by Saturday, Nov. 2, but no promises. I'll post when it is done.

New course map here. It will print on 8.5x11 paper in landscape orientation.
October 28, 2013 03:55PM
For those who want to play the original course but don't remember the layout well enough, use this map.
October 29, 2013 10:56AM
...but don't look to dgcreview for reviews, because....they gone.
October 29, 2013 11:16AM
AlxTgr Wrote:
> ...but don't look to dgcreview for reviews,
> because....they gone.

Nope. It's all still there, same place: Ft. Buhlow DGC
October 29, 2013 03:08PM
November 06, 2013 12:37PM
The new courses are complete

November 07, 2013 07:12PM
Course map HERE.
November 10, 2013 05:53PM
We trimmed the fairways on the new woods holes and G11 today. The Gold Course is pretty much set. A water fountain near the G10 tee, benches, trash cans and a few ditch crossings are still on the way, but the new hoes are very close to being in final playing condition if not already there.
November 12, 2013 04:59PM
I am -2 lifetime on G11, so I think I'll just retire from gold now.
December 15, 2013 05:00PM
[www.dgcoursereview.com]
[www.dgcoursereview.com]

To those that played the La. States this weekend, are these accurate?

They were wrote by the course "designer".

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 05:06PM by Keith Bodin.
December 16, 2013 10:02AM
Kieth I wasn't very impressed with courses as a whole. Especially the tee pads. BRUSH UR TEE PADS AFTER YOU POUR THEM. As far as " best DG park in the state". Ha not even close. Footages on most holes are far from accurate. Out of the 54 holes I played this weekend I and many of my peers may have liked 10-12 out of the 54. Inexperienced amateurs built this course and it shows
December 16, 2013 10:15AM
4 1/2 and 5 disc ratings????
Hmmmm.
December 16, 2013 11:10AM
Correction-The footages are exactly accurate to within inches, these distance's were measured with a laser accurately. The Tee Pads that were slippery and not rough are the ones that were built by the Designer's and Experienced Players who built the original course, the New tee pads built by the inexperienced amateurs were the ones that were not slippery. I am sorry you didn't like the course, perhaps maybe you should play it more than one tournament in really muddy and wet conditions before you go bad mouthing it.

December 16, 2013 11:34AM
Been there 3 times. Tried to give it a chance. Not bad mouthing just expressing my my opinion. U yourself told me the way u designed some of the holes was u and 2 others throw A Truth were it landed was were u put the basket. That's championship design level there. There were many holes were teepad touched a tree or a pole or other stuff limiting the use of the whole pad and fairway provided. Just a few TWEAKS ( lol) here and there and u will have the best disc golf complex in the center of Louisiana just as u want
December 16, 2013 11:47AM
You misunderstood me, what I stated was before we had baskets and teepads, I threw the hole, where my truth landed is where the basket is now. But that is not how the course was designed or layed out. I agree that some clearing needs to be done on a few holes in the woods. One of the reasons we did not remove more tree's is they are already marked for removal by logger's, these tree's have a blue paint marking on them. The logger's will take those out and in effect clear some of the thickness out of the woods. This includes the tree's right next to or in front of the tee pad. The utility pole's and power line along hole 5 are scheduled to be removed soon as that line is no longer in use. This is the reason the tee sign was on the pole and not in the ground yet. and lastly some of the holes were designed to be hard, to limit your use, and to make you throw technical shots. it was not designed to be easy.

December 16, 2013 12:57PM
I have not played the course. I was told some of the same things you wrote undertowgolf. I just thought it was in bad taste for the person that designed or had a major roll in the course design of the course to review his work in such a manner. I am sure some of the holes are fine.
But to say:
"This is simply the best course that I have played and I may move it down a notch if I play a better course, but for now its the one to beat in my book."

Cons: I don't think that there is a single hole on this course that I don't like. There are some cross-play issues between holes 16-18, but they are likely only to be a problem in tournaments and, even then, they are only minor. There are a few significant walks between tees such as between #9 and #10 and #13 and #14, but these are also minor. There are places to lose your discs in heavy brush, but these areas are also easily avoided.
Eric Miller

Even Mikey is not arrogant........HAHAHAHA

Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 01:10PM by Keith Bodin.
December 16, 2013 02:59PM
undertowgolf Wrote:
> Kieth I wasn't very impressed with courses as a
> whole. Especially the tee pads. BRUSH UR
> TEE PADS AFTER YOU POUR THEM. As far as " best
> DG park in the state". Ha not even close.
> Footages on most holes are far from accurate.
> Out of the 54 holes I played this weekend I and
> many of my peers may have liked 10-12 out of the
> 54. Inexperienced amateurs built this course
> and it shows

This is idiotic. The most slippery pads on the course are the old ones. All are textured BTW. It is December and the entire course is wet/muddy. Footages? Bwahaha. Bushnell laser range finder used on all holes. There is no more accurate course on the planet. I have to think you're screwing with Ryan though, because none of this makes any sense. Can you name the poorly designed holes? I'd love to see a better course BTW.
December 16, 2013 03:54PM

Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 03:57PM by Keith Bodin.
December 16, 2013 04:30PM
Holes 2-8 on gold are poorly designed. 12-14 on purple as well and a few I can't remember. Alxtgr if u leave pineville u will find a better course its really not hard to find better
December 16, 2013 04:34PM
There were many many complaints. No one else wanted to say anything. So I'm the bad guy here. Its OK. When u expand ur disc golf horizon over ur career u will understand
December 16, 2013 04:39PM
John I have to majorly...I mean flat out...disagree with you on 3 of those holes. Hole 2 on gold-600ft down hill shot just grip it and rip it with a protected basket-Great hole. Hole's 12 and 13 purple are on a different level technically, These are iconic holes, or signature holes if you will, easily the 2 best holes in the park.

December 16, 2013 04:46PM
Yes there were a few complaints about 2 holes only. Hole 4 gold and hole 6 gold which I plan to deal with as every new course needs a little tweaking. However this is not supposed to be an easy course, you are not supposed to make birdies on every hole, or very many holes at all for that matter. It's a championship level course for a reason.

December 16, 2013 05:08PM
No John you are not the only one that has these things.

Alxtgr
December 16, 2013 05:17PM
Huh Keith?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013