Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SNDGC pro Host Hotel

Posted by Will T 
SNDGC pro Host Hotel
January 20, 2003 01:32PM
Hello SN Disc Golf Community!

I know it is early, but with the first home LSU game that Sat night, and it being a holliday weekend, I wanted to get this on line as soon as possible.

I found a small hotel chain called Microtel Inns and Suites, located on I-10 and Siegen, (good local for Highland and the interstate for Greenwood) to serve as our host hotel for the 2003 SNDG Championships. They have agreed to reserve 25-30 rooms for us up until 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT. They will beable to work with people that may want to come down early (give same rates for Thurs night and Sun night) or stay late since Mon is a holliday.

-There are single occupancy rooms that can do couples for $44.50 a night

-Double occupancy rooms that are a flat rate $49.99 / night with no extra money for extra people. (5 people = $10.00 / night / person) + tax

-There are also suites that are $59.99 that have kitchenets, that are available

-They also serve a free continental breakfast in the mornings, and will let us post the leader board / tee assignments for the next day in the loby.

---To reserve a room call 225-291-6200 / and let them know that you are with the SNDG Championships.
---Their adress is 10645 Reiger Road B.R. La., 70809
---The man who helped me was Chris LeBlanc Asst. GM
---There is also a toll free #888-771-7171 And they should have this info soon, and beable to reserve the room as well. (National number)

Any Questions or problems please call me 225-766-7825 (h) 225-266-1447 (c)
Will Timmons TD 2003 SNDG Championships
toad
Re: SNDGC pro Host Hotel
January 20, 2003 11:02PM
To whom may want the space

I am offering up to 4 spaces in my house for anyone that would like to save some money .

I can put one on the couch and one on a aero bed and two on the floor.(no smoken in the house sorry).
One hitch , i have to be home , and I won't know till it gets to crunch time weather or not I will be home. But if i am anyone is welcome.

Todd (Toad) Traylor
January 30, 2003 02:05PM
Just keeping the thread in view.

Let me know if you have reserved a room, and how they were on the phone.

Later,
Will T
March 04, 2003 09:27PM
I went and had a meeting with Chris LeBlanc, the Manager at Microtel, and we signed a contract verifying those dates, rates, and rooms.

We also have agreed to let Disc Golfers who may come in early, or want to stay an extra night, be able to have the rooms at SNDG Championship prices. They will have a copy of when our tourny's are, and just let them know that you are with SN disc golf.

I also found out that all the rooms are equiped with full cable with HBO, there are internet connections in each room, and local calls are free. ($10 deposit returnable when no long distance calls are made)

They seem pretty excited about our association with us, so let us help by finding other sponsors that will bring in people from all over to stay in our great city.

Will T
March 05, 2003 07:55PM
I figured if people needed more info on Microtel that I'd get this thread back up to the top, These rates apply at the La Doubles as well!!!

Peace,
Willy BT
The Zinger
March 05, 2003 09:43PM

Will, are you saying that at any local tournament, the special SN disc golfers rate apply?
March 06, 2003 08:23PM
That's what I'm working on. They should be available for this comming Doubles tourny, so...

Peace,
Will
March 07, 2003 09:15PM
I stayed in the Microtel suites when I attended world's in 98 and had a great experience. Of course that was in Wisconsin, but they had a workout room etc. that I really enjoyed.

Shane
March 17, 2003 11:32PM
Again, just wanted to bring this up to the top page. There were people that payed @ $80 a room this weekend at the La doubles! These people are willing ready and able to work with us, but we need to show them that it will be worth their wile to deal with us.

I'll be putting their logo and info on all of the fliers I do for BR from now on.

Later,
Will T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013