Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Benefit Mini-Tourney - Lafayette - August 31
August 26, 2013 07:56AM
Judd Gentner, wife, mother-in-law and 2 young children lost their house to a fire last week and the Lafayette disc golf community is doing our bit to help out. If you are an Am player or a Pro player not going to SNDG Pro Championships and would like to play a couple of rounds of competitive golf and help out a good cause, please do. Judd is one the guys who has been a BIG help with both the ADGA and Flight Club for past events and getting courses ready to play.

Judd Mini-Tourney
Benefit for the Gentner family. 2 rounds, no division mini for $20 with with payouts in a disc per winner, per card, per round and all proceeds going to the Judd Gentner Family.

Saturday August 31
PA Davis - Lafayette
8:30 to 9:30 signup
9:30 Players Meeting
10:00 am Tee Time for First Round - 2nd Round 1 hour after last card comes in.
Random Draw Tee assignments

thanks
David Robichaux

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 08:18AM by ArcHyzer.
Re: Benefit Mini-Tourney - Lafayette - August 31
August 26, 2013 12:16PM
Would love to see all of Lafayette show up to assist Judd and his family in their time of need.

Hoping for 30-50 players, which would put $600-$1,000 in their pocket - enough to help cover some immediate expenses.
August 26, 2013 04:09PM
I will be there! I hope some people outside of lafayette show up!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
August 26, 2013 06:46PM
I'll be working as usual but, if someone will be there around 7 I can drop off a donation.
August 28, 2013 08:11PM
Joe, we'll be there early setting up. Come on by.

Just to make sure everyone understands, the winner of each card each round wins plastic. Discs are coming from what we have on hand, provided as a donation by the ADGA. No cash prizes at all - 100% of all entry fees collected go directly to Judd's family. No plans for feeding lunch either - hit up M&S or Breaux's Mart between rounds.

Please consider joining your friends in Lafayette for two rounds at PA Davis, donating $20 to help Judd and maybe winning a disc or two.
August 29, 2013 05:22PM
Ill be there

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
August 30, 2013 06:12PM
bump....
August 31, 2013 08:22PM
I am proud to announce that thanks to the generosity of several donors who did not play and the 31 players who came together today for two rounds of golf, $1,050 was raised for Judd and his family.

No results, scores or winnings to post for this one. Everybody was a winner.

Special thanks to David for helping TD - Nick, Randy, Kevin, Scott, Brady, John & Dom for helping set up the tournament and chase down CTPs - Tyson for the score cards and gift cards - Ryan and Gregula for some nice CTPs - Dylan for leading us in a fine prayer - and our friends from Pineville, Sulphur & Baton Rouge who joined us today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013