Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Payout %?

Posted by dustin morris 
Payout %?
August 28, 2013 09:29AM
Is there a set payout % that the TD has to payout? To my understanding there isn't. Is there anyway that there could be requirements of certain divisions paid out a certain %? Majority of the events that I see stick with a 33% in professional and advanced and then 50% on intermediate. But there are some instances that payout less than what the estimated payout should be. Not that this is a huge deal, but I think it would be something worth looking into.
Re: Payout %?
August 28, 2013 10:05AM
I do mine backwards 50% to all pro fields and 33% to all am fields.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
August 28, 2013 10:23AM
Keith, if there were a "like" button on here, I would have just used it. People always talk about bagging being an issue. What is the incentive to move up in most tournaments? Nothing other than trying to get better by playing against better competition. Monetary/plastic gain return on investment is much higher in the amateur divisions.
August 28, 2013 12:06PM
Paying 33% would make the payout larger for baggers to am fields would it not?
August 28, 2013 01:50PM
Right, but if you increase the percent of the field that gets paid out in the higher division, then you create an incentive to move up (especially if you make last cash in the higher division equal to or more than first place in the lower division).
August 28, 2013 05:04PM
pro payouts using the 50/33% payout:

Paying 1/3 of the field: Pro Division

10 players @ $100 each = $1,000 - payout would be 3 persons or avarage of $333 each

Paying 50% of the field: With more players

30 players @ $100 each = $3,000 - payout would be 10 persons or average of $200 each

Pro's might not like the idea of taking a smaller payout so that the other divisions might move some baggers up. Some baggers might just stay where they are and keep winning but winning a larger pot because fewer players are being paid.

Has to be a better way.

I am not a TD but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night.

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
August 28, 2013 05:36PM
149 in the Vibram and they paid 76 thats 49%....if they did 1/3 49 players would have been paid. 27 more people got money and were happy.
I don't run the Mango and I didn't stay at a holiday inn, but 27 more players happy is better for the sport.

On the women side it was 66% I bet the ladies from spots 6 - 10 would disagree with you also.

The Parker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pro payouts using the 50/33% payout:
>
> Paying 1/3 of the field: Pro Division
>
> 10 players @ $100 each = $1,000 - payout would be
> 3 persons or avarage of $333 each
>
> Paying 50% of the field: With more players
>
> 30 players @ $100 each = $3,000 - payout would be
> 10 persons or average of $200 each
>
> Pro's might not like the idea of taking a smaller
> payout so that the other divisions might move some
> baggers up. Some baggers might just stay where
> they are and keep winning but winning a larger pot
> because fewer players are being paid.
>
> Has to be a better way.
>
> I am not a TD but I did stay at a Holiday Inn
> Select last night.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 05:40PM by Keith Bodin.
August 28, 2013 05:46PM
Excellent demonstration of why there is no "set payout % that the TD has to payout" in the SN rules. TD's rule.
August 28, 2013 08:52PM
The percentage that PDGA events pay out to pros is significantly affected by the amount of or lack of added cash. The PDGA pay tables in the U.S. are for 40%, 45% and 50% with 45% or 50% as at Vibram being used when there is significant added cash. The PDGA Pro payout table for International events only has percentages for 25%, 33% and 40% payout because most of their events have less than 100% pay back due to high costs of running the mostly pro events with few or no Ams to absorb some of the overhead costs.
August 28, 2013 08:55PM
I pay out 34% to the pros, 41% to the advanced and 50% to the ams. The extra percentage point has the effect of adding one more place in the divisions to cash. Second place is usually about 60% of first and the rest are around 75% - 85% of the previous place. The last place in the ams should be no less than a disc. The last place in the pros should at least equal the entry fee.

The maximum payout to any amateur divisions should be 100%. After expenses, all the rest of any sponsorship money should go to the pros. This is how I will run the Wall Doxey event Sept 21st & 22nd. Did I mention that I had $1,950.00 in sponsorship money in the bank with about a month to go?

OK, I am shamelessly promoting my tournament.

Gary Wagoner
August 29, 2013 10:12PM
Anonymous User
August 30, 2013 10:14AM
^ Good read.
August 30, 2013 01:25PM
very good read. Touring pro disc golfers don't make crap.
September 04, 2013 08:57PM
See the SmackDown this is the way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013