Ok, I traded for a used disc - and that thing stinks. It smells like moth balls, old woman, and bad breath. It's pretty strong too. I can smell it from 10 ft away.
So does anybody have advice on how I can make this thing stop smelling or smell better?
It's an Innova, pro plastic, with tie dye.
Here's what I've done so far, but with no luck:
1. scrubbed it with a brush and Palmolive and Dawn several times
2. sprayed it with scrubbing bubbles and wiped clean
3. soaked nail polish remover into the underside then wiped clean
4. sprayed with man's cologne top and bottom and let it air out for a day
5. put it directly in front of a fan for 24hrs while the fan was on high
Any other ideas? Any other chemicals I could try without affecting the plastic, the dye, or the stamp?
There are some threads on Disc Golf Course Review all about this, I'm not sure if anybody found a way to fix the smell but it would be a good place to start. There is search function in the forums You can use to help find the threads.
Or just find a disc that smells like an old man.
Put the two together and you will have minis for life!
Dryer on low heat with lots dryer sheets?
Microwave with a banana?
Lemon juice bath?
Tomato paste? (Used to remove skunk smell)
Give it to a bum?