Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Most Pressing Issues

Posted by hobbit489 
Most Pressing Issues
September 05, 2013 08:32PM
I know this has been talked about in the past, but what are the most pressing issues (besides bagging) everyone would like to have discussed by YOUR BoD?
Re: Most Pressing Issues
September 05, 2013 11:48PM
I like your thinking on this one. Guy and gals, we want to give you best we can to make YOUR series the best series we can. To do that YOUR BoD's needs to know what your concerns are, and how or what you would like to see YOUR BoD's handle them. Help us to help you!
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 06:06AM
1. Why hasn't the treasurer posted the final tally from the 2012-2013 season, and can he even count? Is he too lazy to handle the job or is he keeping it secret so he can pocket the funds?
2. Why no bag tags for the current season, are y'all just that lazy?
3. What is the status on the new website that the last BoD said they were working on last winter but then seemed to have abandoned since they were too lazy to do anything except post harassing polls about their ratings volunteer?
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 06:22AM
4. Attendance at the SNPC has declined more than 50% in the last couple of years and the pro payout this year in Open was barely above the Mango Classic. It would be no surprise if the USDGC dropped the SNPC as a qualifier. Will this new BoD have the courage to change the SN formulas so that so much money doesn't go to the SNAC where it is wasted every year, and instead divert some of that to the SNPC where it is needed?
September 06, 2013 07:14AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Why hasn't the treasurer posted the final tally
> from the 2012-2013 season, and can he even count?
> Is he too lazy to handle the job or is he keeping
> it secret so he can pocket the funds?
> 2. Why no bag tags for the current season, are
> y'all just that lazy?
> 3. What is the status on the new website that the
> last BoD said they were working on last winter but
> then seemed to have abandoned since they were too
> lazy to do anything except post harassing polls
> about their ratings volunteer?

1. Not sure when JK will post the results, I do know He is no longer handling treasurer duties until some time next year.

2. Tags got canceled for this season, this was decided some time early in the year.

3. Website was to go in effect this season not last season. I'm not sure what the current status of it is.

Ratings??? You must be talking about that thing You tried to use as leverage against the SN, which somehow worked and You got Your way. Then never brought them back while making a bunch of excuses...
September 06, 2013 07:41AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> 4. Attendance at the SNPC has declined more than
> 50% in the last couple of years and the pro payout
> this year in Open was barely above the Mango
> Classic. It would be no surprise if the USDGC
> dropped the SNPC as a qualifier. Will this new BoD
> have the courage to change the SN formulas so that
> so much money doesn't go to the SNAC where it is
> wasted every year, and instead divert some of that
> to the SNPC where it is needed?

This I agree with, if You took 25 cents of Am fee's and moved them over to the SNPC it would greatly improve the event. There would still be plenty of money to go around for the SNAC payout.

*With the lack of host for SNC's every year. Maybe You guys could consider the idea of permanently combining the SNAC and SNPC into one event.

*I would love to see the the requirement of 2 points to play in the SNC's go away and replace it with a min. of 3 events.

*Changing the SN season to a calendar year. One of these years a SNC is going to get knocked out by a hurricane.

*Give out SN Numbers similar to PDGA numbers to prevent all the issues with misspelled names and same names.
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 07:50AM
Eric Day wrote:
>
> Ratings??? You must be talking about that thing
> You tried to use as leverage against the SN, which
> somehow worked and You got Your way. Then never
> brought them back while making a bunch of
> excuses...

Big Dummy, please remind us of what I was trying to accomplish using "leverage", because I can't figure out WTF you are talking about. If you miss ratings then why didn't you get another volunteer to do them? Not like they are that hard to do. Anyone with 4th grade math proficiency can handle it, I guess that does exclude you though.

Why cancel the bag tags and not tell anyone? How stupid was the last BoD? I can get 100 designed & ordered for y'all in less than a week. Are you just that lazy? Or just that dumb?
September 06, 2013 08:08AM
Now the new BoD sees why asking a question on the forum is a waste of time......good luck guys, y'all going to need it!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
September 06, 2013 08:13AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Eric Day wrote:

> Why cancel the bag tags and not tell anyone? How
> stupid was the last BoD? I can get 100 designed &
> ordered for y'all in less than a week. Are you
> just that lazy? Or just that dumb?

It was brought up in the meeting minutes, I believe the idea was to look into ordering yearly tags in Oct-Nov with the idea of trying to work with clubs to have SN/Club(city) Tags. If it wasn't for John there wouldn't have been tags last season, they will never work like they should because a very small percentage of the SN are willing to pay for them.

Member in attendance - Allan Morrow, Zack Hudson, John Kittrell, Eric Day, Tommy Browning

Topics

Bag Tag Incentives Drawing
- Disc Winner, Joey Ingle
SN Shirts
- link to sponsor and color options [www.sndg.org]
SN Bagtags
-Proposing to change bag tags from SNPC-SNPC schedule and calender year schedule
-Changing style of tags to full color plastic tags
-Options to work with disc golf clubs around the SN for combined tags, for example SN on one side and JUDGES on the other side.
-Possibly combining SN Shirts and SN Tags as a combo deal at a discounted price
-Nothing tag related is set in stone yet, only looking into these option at the moment.

"Big Dummy, please remind us of what I was trying to accomplish using "leverage", because I can't figure out WTF you are talking about. If you miss ratings then why didn't you get another volunteer to do them? Not like they are that hard to do. Anyone with 4th grade math proficiency can handle it, I guess that does exclude you though."

I've told You in person that I don't care for ratings, but many people loved them. I was talking about when I tried to revoke Your admin rights and You threw a fit. Deleted the ratings and said something along the lines of never having another SN event in NOLA, then followed it up by having another important member of Your club sending the BOD an email stating the same thing. Then You made a comment saying something like, if the BOD doesn't take away Your admin right You would bring back the ratings, to Your credit You did bring them back but didn't provide the password to view them.
September 06, 2013 09:00AM
Eric Day Wrote:
>
> This I agree with, if You took 25 cents of Am
> fee's and moved them over to the SNPC it would
> greatly improve the event. There would still be
> plenty of money to go around for the SNAC payout.
>
>
>
>
> *With the lack of host for SNC's every year. Maybe
> You guys could consider the idea of permanently
> combining the SNAC and SNPC into one event.
>
> *I would love to see the the requirement of 2
> points to play in the SNC's go away and replace it
> with a min. of 3 events.
>
> *Changing the SN season to a calendar year. One of
> these years a SNC is going to get knocked out by a
> hurricane.
>
> *Give out SN Numbers similar to PDGA numbers to
> prevent all the issues with misspelled names and
> same names.

1. Great idea
2. I think this should be left up to the cities bidding on the event(s)... Although maybe a little more emphasis/favor towards combined bids
3. Great idea
4. I used to be in favor of this... Now I kind of like it the way it is... It's nice to have the dead time of December/January in the middle of the season rather than December being at the very end. It's nice having March-May (which contains most of the big tournaments) as the conclusion to the season. I'm not sure if Labor Day weekend helps or hurts though..
5. Very great practical idea. Would it be hard to implement?

Also, who are the 3 board members in their second year?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2013 09:00AM by cox3.
September 06, 2013 09:36AM
The BoD as it sits now

Ryan Niccolini
Allan Morrow
Johnathan Nyce
Adam Morrow
Chuck Burdine

John K when he returns will be a non-voting treasurer.

I will start a thread, where players can present idea's they would like the board to vote on. I will remove any post that is not an idea posted in that thread, if you wanna argue about an idea, start a new thread.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
September 06, 2013 09:48AM
A bunch of little titty babies sounds like to me.
September 06, 2013 10:39AM
So Allan and Chuck are the only 2 from last year? There was no 3rd?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 11:02AM
Will DJ DimeQuarter be playing his music during the SN meetings?
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 11:33AM
OK Eric I see that you were imagining the leverage episode like you were imagining the abolition of the bag tags. The minutes you quote say that the bag tags will be decided later, not abolished, so it is accurate to say the BoD is too lazy to order bag tags which brought in about $1500 to the SNPC last year. Only a dummy would make the excuse that a small portion of the membership wants them. If they were available and promoted lots more could be sold. Our club sold 170 last year and we are only drawing from a fraction of the SN market.

Good luck to the new BoD cleaning up Eric's mess.
Anonymous User
September 06, 2013 11:38AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Now the new BoD sees why asking a question on the
> forum is a waste of time......good luck guys,
> y'all going to need it!

Dumbest statement you've posted all year. And there's a lot of dumb statements to choose from.
September 06, 2013 12:27PM
cox3 Wrote:
> So Allan and Chuck are the only 2 from last year?
> There was no 3rd?

I've been on the BoD since March of this year when someone else stepped down. Not sure who or how much time remained in their term.

-Chuck
September 06, 2013 12:28PM
Issues are always brought up. No one ever does anything though.
September 06, 2013 07:20PM
cox3 Wrote:
> So Allan and Chuck are the only 2 from last year?
> There was no 3rd?

Zack was the 3rd, but dropped out last month. From what I understand I don't think the new board plans to replace Him and will change the board to 5 voting members.
September 06, 2013 09:39PM
That is correct Eric. We held a vote last night that passed 5-0 on having a total of 5 voting Board Members with JK remaining as a non-voting treasurer. The minutes from last nights first meeting with the New Board Members should be post soon.
September 13, 2013 11:14AM
I would like to see the BOD do something about the negative nellys that continually post BS on this forum! I think a lot of people quit reading and posting here because of a handful of turds that have nothing better to do. Start with a warning, then suspension, and finally a BAN to those who won't stop.

Allowing your TD's to get bashed the way some of us have in the past should be unacceptable!!! Start doing something about it! Because when you lose the ones willing to work hard for others enjoyment, the series will be heading for its extinction!

Start now current BOD! Rid this forum of the viruses that plague it please!!!

Tony Bass
September 13, 2013 11:18AM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
> I would like to see the BOD do something about the
> negative nellys that continually post BS on this
> forum! I think a lot of people quit reading and
> posting here because of a handful of turds that
> have nothing better to do. Start with a warning,
> then suspension, and finally a BAN to those who
> won't stop.
>
> Allowing your TD's to get bashed the way some of
> us have in the past should be unacceptable!!!
> Start doing something about it! Because when you
> lose the ones willing to work hard for others
> enjoyment, the series will be heading for its
> extinction!
>
> Start now current BOD! Rid this forum of the
> viruses that plague it please!!!
>
> Tony Bass

AGREED!
September 13, 2013 12:49PM
We are doing just that Tony, We have issued some warnings this week, next is a 30 day ban, followed by lifetime.

September 13, 2013 02:24PM
niklpenny Wrote:
> We are doing just that Tony, We have issued some
> warnings this week, next is a 30 day ban, followed
> by lifetime.

From the forum or the series?

Alxtgr
September 13, 2013 05:44PM
From the forum, at this time, unless its a serious violation

September 13, 2013 07:41PM
That is a waste of time and breath...

Alxtgr
Anonymous User
September 13, 2013 08:06PM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
> I would like to see the BOD do something about the
> negative nellys that continually post BS on this
> forum!

Keith Bodin Wrote:
> That is a waste of time and breath...

LOL...sounds like a negative nelly to me :)

September 13, 2013 08:38PM
So glad to hear it guys!

There may be hope yet....
September 13, 2013 09:17PM
IMHO, membership numbers would add multiple levels of complexity to the current simple system, starting with a centralized data base, membership forms, cards, possible fees, and other bureaucratic requirements that would only duplicate what the PDGA does. After playing SN events for the past 14 years, I urge the KISS principle be kept.

Now as negative post are concerned, is it possible to add voting to individual post so those natty rants could be voted into a purgatory thread or out of the existence. Sort of like three strikes and your out. I know some forums and web sites have them.

I concur with Bluff on going to a calendar year and moving the SN championships to the spring when it is cooler.

An alternate idea is due to fact that the cost to travel and other expenses keeps going up, attendance dropping, is that maybe instead of one S.N. Championship is to have a "Super SN Cup" series with each State tournament as host.
September 13, 2013 09:22PM
Submitted for your consideration...

My opinion on the need for a new website for the series has been expressed on many occasions.

I caution against incurring the expense and complication of duplicating services that are already currently offered by other sites that may be willing to have the SN series "plug in" to their product offering.

The deal with DGU is a good example of how this can work as long as folks can come to terms with it being a service that is offered at a price.

We absolutely need to get the championships out of hurricane season altogether.

Lafayette bid the SNDC last year instead of either of the other two for this reason alone. It would be an absolute disaster if a major storm impacted a coastal city right before a championship tournament.

It is a risk that can be mitigated quite easily by aligning our season with the calendar year and we could be enjoying our year end events in delightful springtime comfort instead of suffering through heat indices around 110 degrees year after year.

I have had this discussion with everybody that would listen.

Our series isn't well served by a board of directors with a corporate structure like what is currently in place.

At the very least, positions should have specific tasks associated with them. For example, assigning seat 1 = the website janitor/administrator, seat 2 = rules/enforcement, seat 3 = public relations/media/fundraising and so forth (these are just examples)

This way, the individuals running for the board aren't running for some generic amorphous elected position, they are running for a seat to perform a specific task and can determine if that task aligns with their capabilities and strengths.

It also clarifies accountability when things aren't getting done. I run a crew of 100 people at work and I guarantee the best way to make sure something doesn't get done is to make it a shared responsibility.

Bag tags for the SN are competing for dollars with the constituent cities who almost all offer their own tags. Excluding the SN, I have eight different bag tags right now -- EIGHT.

I am sure there are many others who have this many or even more.

The $25 SN one is the most expensive by far and the one that I play for the least.

Making them worth something by doing "dog and pony show" raffles and drawings is OK but it doesn't really add enough value to convince someone who is on the fence to buy one.

I have suggested that they should be bundled with other merchandise and sold as a package deal, maybe a tag and a shirt for $30 or a tag and a towel for $25.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013