Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Most Pressing Issues

Posted by hobbit489 
Re: Most Pressing Issues
October 10, 2013 07:41AM
As part of the previous board I take some responsibility in the lack of bag tags this season. I didn't participate is the facebook SN board thread too much and missed the vote concerning them. I asked about them prior to the SNAC and was told the rest of the board elected to change the bag tag to a calender year as opposed to the current championship to championship. There is merit in that considering the current bag tag season was confusing given that it didn't coicide with the regular SN season. The reason for that is in past season the majority of bag tags have always been sold at the snac and snpc. This past season 78 of the 106 tag sold were at the SNAC/SNPC.

The incentive program for last years bag tags didn't increase bag tag sales but that was probably due mostly to unavailablity/lack of promotion of bag tags after the SNAC and SNPC. None were sold at the Naquin or Howler, 2 of the largest fall SN tournaments. In regards to bag tags sales that is a fail.

Even given the lack of people playing for bag tags it is still a viable means of raising money for the SNPC. It has always generated at least $2000 for that tournament each of the past 5-6 years. Whether it comes back as just a tag at $20 like previous seasons (they have always been $20) or at a reduced price or in conjuction with a towel/shirt/disc combo. I hope that it comes back for the sake of the SNPC.

Regarding the SNPC vs the SNAC how about the idea of capping the SN fees for the SNAC at $4000/$4500 (given the wholesale to retail conversion it still makes for a great payout at the SNAC and any AM SN fees over that go toward the SNPC. Just a few thoughts.

JOhn k

PS I did play in a toss over here in the desert, 2 rounds of five temp holes (no trees but lots of sun, rocks and wind).

JOhn k
Re: Most Pressing Issues
October 11, 2013 07:09AM
well; did you win? I would bet you did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013