Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"More info later"

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
"More info later"
September 16, 2013 08:33PM
So, is it possible that I am the only one who clicks on the SN schedule looking for the information on SN tournaments anymore?

I noticed that every tournament in September & October on the SN schedule (except Mango Classic & Lafayette tournament which I updated myself) have "more info later" as the only information on the schedule page about the event.

So am I just old fashioned in that I think the SN schedule page should have information about the tournaments?
Re: "More info later"
September 16, 2013 09:05PM
That happens when people decide to make there event annual or rolled over into a series of events, The event will get scheduled, a year or so in advance, locking in the date, with the more info later line added. Problem is not many TD's send the application in again, with the updates on it. They usually just post a giant message in the tournament thread, which really should have been the page that displays in the schedule, because not everybody reads the forum's. I refer people to the schedule, when I am introducing them to competitive disc golf. eventually they find the tournament thread. The tournament thread should really only be for players to ask questions and for TD's to relay updated information. That thread should not be used for shenanigans, visitors to our series will read the tournament forum's, long before they ever get to off-topic discussion. And we would like them to be firmly addicted to Disc Golf, before they discover the seedy underbelly of Forum Drama.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Anonymous User
September 16, 2013 09:22PM
September 16, 2013 09:43PM
I went to a lot of effort attempting to define every aspect of the Wall Doxey tournament. Why not simply cut and paste that in the "more info later space". What steps should a TD take to get more info put in later? If I knew the procedure I would take advantage of it as would most other TDs.

Gary Wagoner
Anonymous User
September 16, 2013 09:56PM
Hey Gary, since you think it's important I went ahead and updated Wall Doxey's tournament schedule page.

Hopefully either the new BoD will encourage volunteers to post info to the schedule page, or wake up long enough to do it themselves. But judging by the previous post in this thread, I'm guessing it will be neither or the two, and in fact they'll probably get their panties all in an uproar about me updating tournament schedule pages like I was asked to do by Kittrell before he was run off. Seems this new group is intent on acting like control freaks, and they won't bother to publicize their decisions. I guess they feel like the players and TDs of the SN aren't worthy to be listened to or talked to either.

By the way Gary I love that waiver you posted in your thread. Nice grammar!
September 17, 2013 03:02AM

September 17, 2013 06:14AM
I was doing that for alot of events before I lost my ADMIN rights.
September 17, 2013 07:00AM
I had sent a message to update my bud hill info but it never happened. So I started advertising on facebook
Anonymous User
September 17, 2013 08:39AM
So, it looks like the situation is, that we have a BOD who doesn't trust volunteers who have served in the past to update the schedule page.

The BoD seems to have completely forgotten the concept of teamwork, and instead of making their own job easier by delegating some of the work of the SN to kind folks like hudd, they are on a serious power trip and are so focused on pushing folks away like hudd that they can't perform the simplest of tasks such as cutting & pasting tournament info from the forum to the schedule page.

This doesn't sound like a formula for success to me, but I could be wrong. But if the BoD is not too lazy to read this thread, I just want to make it clear that I would be happy to update the SN schedule pages, since it seems a bit complex to them. Just let me know, or if you're going back on a power trip that will only further alienate those who might help, just let me say those too dumb to remember history are condemned to repeat it.
September 17, 2013 08:51AM
Send me info on here or to adammorrow03@gmail.com and I will take care of it, no problem.
September 17, 2013 08:57AM

Anonymous User
September 17, 2013 10:12AM
Mad, hardly.

Dissapointed that the new BoD is dumb enough to keep antagonizing those that would help like the last BoD, yep.

I guess your grammar skills are on par with your team-building skills.
September 17, 2013 10:37AM
Pictures aren't professional......
September 17, 2013 10:40AM
Why do we have a BOD member that has played in 10 SN events?
Anonymous User
September 17, 2013 06:00PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pictures aren't professional......

That's why he plays Ams.

Pictures are fine with me.
September 17, 2013 10:12PM
Your BOD's is working on fixing a lot of what is broken with this website and creating another one that will be more user friendly for the SN TD's to use and get there information out to the SN Players. We apologize for focusing on other matters, and we will make more of a effort to get these things done in a timelier fashion.
September 18, 2013 06:26AM
^^^^^^^ second time I have got to see Hogman's senior pics....
Anonymous User
September 18, 2013 08:03AM
dustin morris Wrote:
> Why do we have a BOD member that has played in 10
> SN events?

Lol, but Dustin in the pineville course expansion thread he said he had 12 years worth of dg experience!!!
September 18, 2013 08:11AM
A successful BOD would just agree with Bluff on all topics. Makes everything civil :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2013 08:11AM by dustin morris.
September 18, 2013 11:53AM
I do have 12 years DG experience, I have only been competing in the SN for about 1 year. I am a club president, a weekly mini's director, a course designer, a disc golf company owner/president, an SN tournament director, a PDGA tournament director and official, and a southern nationals board of directors member. What have you accomplished in a year?
Nuff Said.....

Anonymous User
September 18, 2013 12:19PM
niklpenny Wrote:
> I do have 12 years DG experience, I have only been
> competing in the SN for about 1 year. I am a club
> president, a weekly mini's director, a course
> designer, a disc golf company owner/president, an
> SN tournament director, a PDGA tournament director
> and official, and a southern nationals board of
> directors member. What have you accomplished in a
> year?
> Nuff Said.....

12 years huh and you're still a bottom tier intermediate player. I can look back and find the thread where you were saying you threw ANDhyzers, lol.

Club president? Yeah... that you started, lol.
Weekly mini director? LOL, I am the trusted mini director when our EC members are out of town. We have more than 5 people that show up too.
Course designer? LMAO, keep telling yourself that.
Disc golf company/president? Please inform us, we need more laughs.
SN TD? Because it's so hard to run a 10 man tournament. I hope more show up to states than your little fundraiser. No need to open all those divisions, you only needed two, LOL.
PDGA TD/Official? I passed the officials exam, it's open book. LOL.
SN BOD? Been there done that. Same shot different year.

Oh nickleback keep the laughs coming.
September 18, 2013 02:23PM
Lol
September 18, 2013 03:21PM
Haters gonna Hate

p.s. $1000 any course, Dillon

September 18, 2013 03:28PM

September 18, 2013 03:30PM
lol...that looks like the quaker oat guy on meth.
Anonymous User
September 18, 2013 03:51PM
With a name like niklpenny you sure you have $1k? Lol

Tupelo, Ms
Tombigbee 2
PDGA rules apply. A certified PDGA official will keep score and hold the payments.

Better get that rump in shape, Bigbee2 is a beast. Lol.

Let me know when. Ill bring my fan club.
September 18, 2013 08:04PM
Dillon Gourley Fan Club would love to be there!

Also a member of it would like in on that bet haha
Anonymous User
September 18, 2013 08:12PM
You can be an investor. Already got one, lol.

We await the veteran armature player's response.
September 19, 2013 08:03AM
pffft, fan club? really...of that guy
ya'll need something else to do in mississippi

When I get the time, I will come up and smoke you

September 21, 2013 02:25AM
Thanks for all of the entertainment. I come read these threads when I get bored and need a good laugh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013