Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deposit required for scheduling events

Posted by head 
Deposit required for scheduling events
September 17, 2013 08:08PM
This is being discussed by the BOD.

What does everyone think about requiring some sort of deposit in order to schedule an event?

I for one am against this idea.
Re: Deposit required for scheduling events
September 17, 2013 09:08PM
As long as it is a refundable deposit, that may be ok. However, I could see where a lot of issues could arise from this. What would the deposit help? It's not like there is anyone who could do something useful with it since it takes years to get things done lol.
September 17, 2013 09:30PM
The proposed deposit would be for a small amount and would be credited to fees. (I.E. you pay a $20 deposit and the fees you owe for your event would be $100. You then would only owe SN $80)

If your event is less than the deposited amount the money would be sent back to td via paypal or snail mail.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
September 17, 2013 10:58PM
Who's going to actually keep up with this if implemented?
September 17, 2013 11:18PM
What's the objective? I don't particularly see the necessity and I think it could keep some TDs from sanctioning on occasion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Anonymous User
September 18, 2013 05:57AM
I think it's a great idea and a great way to avoid TDs getting away with advertising their event here and then stiffing the SN.

If a TD can't afford a $50 deposit, that TD is too much of an amateur even for this series.

If there weren't so many TDs from Bama getting behind on their fees all the time this probably wouldn't be necessary. Roll tide.
September 18, 2013 11:46AM
This is in fact a way to keep delinquent TD's from scheduling new events. And a way to make sure New TD's are kept honest. It's also to help avert what happened last season in which 2 TD's refused to send in there fee's kind of robbing lafayette's TD, who had given away free entry to SNDC, via those 2 TD's tournaments, since those 2 tournaments were removed from schedule and the points were removed. If we got a deposit from the TD's it would help to deter this from happening again.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
September 18, 2013 07:57PM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is in fact a way to keep delinquent TD's from
> scheduling new events. And a way to make sure New
> TD's are kept honest. It's also to help avert what
> happened last season in which 2 TD's refused to
> send in there fee's kind of robbing lafayette's
> TD, who had given away free entry to SNDC, via
> those 2 TD's tournaments, since those 2
> tournaments were removed from schedule and the
> points were removed. If we got a deposit from the
> TD's it would help to deter this from happening
> again.

A deposit won't get the job done.

According to the last BOD, a mere deposit (without full TD fee payment) would still not entitle players to the points they earned by SNQ pay and play under the rules.

The best way to "avert what happened last season in which ... points were removed" would be to simply enforce rule 2.1, "Players competing in SNDG sanctioned qualifier tournaments ... earn two (2) points on the last day of the tournament ...".
September 19, 2013 02:38PM
against.
September 19, 2013 03:26PM
I would like to see a $50 deposit on all first time Events/TDs. Would like to see a $20-$30 deposit on events in their 2nd-3rd year. And no deposit for events with more than 3 years on schedule.
September 19, 2013 09:01PM
Don't think so no sir. We give SNDG more than enough!!!
September 20, 2013 06:46AM
Southside, You wouldn't be giving them one penny more than you are giving them now. After your event happens you deduct the deposit from SN fees collected and send in the remaining balance.

Say you were a first time TD and you scheduled an event. Send in your $50. Let's say you have 40 players there. that's $80 in SN fees. You only send in $30 more . But let's say you only had 20 players show for the event. that would be $40 in SN fees. The treasurer would then send you the $10 back.
September 20, 2013 07:28AM
If you didn't send your money you don't get have a tournament how hard is that? You should not allowed play in tournament if you did not pay. Its just one more thing to do. I know guys are trying to do what is best but don't bite the hand that feeds you. NOW GO ACE 1 FOR JIM. :-)
September 20, 2013 03:53PM
What about someone running an established event for the 1st time?

September 20, 2013 06:50PM
I think it will be, if and when we decide, by TD not event. Just bc the event is proven does not mean the TD is proven.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
September 21, 2013 02:15AM
I support
September 23, 2013 07:31PM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is in fact a way to keep delinquent TD's from
> scheduling new events. And a way to make sure New
> TD's are kept honest. . . . If we got a deposit from the
> TD's it would help to deter this from happening
> again.

I recommend an explicit, FIFO-like rule on this. If any director is currently delinquent, any deposit should be applied to the delinquent amounts before any of it is considered to be a deposit for a new event. I.e., pay what you owe or no new events.
September 23, 2013 09:10PM
I believe we collected almost all of the deliquent fee's

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
October 01, 2013 07:31AM
100% FOR Deposit!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013