Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Slick Tee Pad ?

Posted by ThomasD 
Slick Tee Pad ?
October 14, 2013 09:11AM
Whats the quickest, cheapest, easiest fix for slick tee pads? Current pads concrete with pea gravel.

Anyone ever played at Cedar Hill in Nashville and know what they used on their's? It was some type of glue with sand paper or something.
Re: Slick Tee Pad ?
October 14, 2013 09:47AM
It's called Non-Skid paint, should be able to find it at lowes

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
October 14, 2013 02:10PM
No it probly slimey for having rain on it, try using bleach and scrub the tee pads

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
October 14, 2013 08:02PM
They may not have adequately swept the semi-wet concrete.

I've always thought the rubberized asphalt stuff they make running tracks out of would be good, but I get into arguments with the "too much grip" crowd.
October 15, 2013 08:31AM
The pads were made with a pea gravel mix and over the years has resulted in pea gravel being exposed. It's like ice when wet. I don't think washing them would help. I'm looking for a semi-permanent fix.

I'll look into the non-skid paint. It would definately need a bunch of grit and texture to work in this instance.

Played at Fontana Village on the rubber track stuff that Innova put down. It was definately grippy, but also very cushioned. I liked it, but not sure what it would do to your knees after many rounds.
October 15, 2013 10:58AM
If you're talking about the rubber stuff they use to make playgrounds now, I also think it's too soft. The older, harder stuff that replaced cinder on running tracks in the 80's is what I'd use.

Or you can superglue moldy carpet squares to the cement like they do in Mississippi.
October 16, 2013 01:46PM
I still have a scar from one of those old slick Forest pads that the erosion has left 6 inches higher than the surrounding area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013