Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Player ratings & the PDGA v. SN

Posted by jacques 
Player ratings & the PDGA v. SN
October 19, 2013 02:05AM
Copied and pasted from another thread on the BOD forum...

Also We did set up to have ratings through the same guys that do PDGA's last year, we had plan set up to pay for it and was ready vote it in when the PDGA BOD basically told those guys that they could not do Our ratings and Theirs. So unless the current PDGA BOD is willing to let those guys do Our ratings now... It is going to have to be done through another source.

Thought this warranted further discussion. This may be common knowledge and I just never heard about it but can another party involved in these discussions confirm this is true and please provide a more detailed account of what was said and who was involved on both sides of this.
Re: Player ratings & the PDGA v. SN
October 19, 2013 08:19AM
I was told by the PDGA that I couldn't use their worksheet to do SN ratings. Although I do have the formulas to do it.
October 19, 2013 09:02AM
You probably wouldnt want to do anything like that without approval because we dont need any beef with the pdga.
October 19, 2013 09:18AM
It was on their site as a free download. There is no beef that can be had.
October 19, 2013 09:32AM
I do not have a clear understanding of what property right would be violated by using a 1k scratch system either. It would be better to make player ratings look like course ratings anyway. I doubt the Pdga owns averaging.
October 19, 2013 08:51PM
I may still have the emails evolving the discussion, I didn't want to have any name made public. Jacques, If You would like to read them I can send them to You.
October 20, 2013 12:15AM
Yes I would Eric.

Also, please clarify if this is a case of the SN exploring the option of paying to have ratings done then balking at the cost or if this is a case of the service provider that does ratings for the pDGA getting strong-armed into refusing to provide the same service to the SN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013