Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lafayette Horse Farm Development

Posted by blueboy 
Re: Lafayette Horse Farm Development
April 12, 2014 03:55PM
Party in the park. May 18

[www.youtube.com]
April 13, 2014 06:53PM
Analysis of Revenue and Cost for a disc golf course at the Lafayette Central Park
Submitted to EB Brooks for their consideration. Information was taken from various sources including but not limited to course owners, PDGA, Disc Golfer Magazine. Emphasis is made that disc golf will produce income for the park, that safety and ecological requirements will be addressed by the course designer which are issues that seem to be most important to the park developer.

[docs.google.com]
April 14, 2014 12:29PM
Thanks, David.
April 20, 2014 05:53PM
Call for volunteers for the festival on the 18th. I may do pre-post, so I can talk to the workers. I've done event setup many times before.

[www.lafayettecentralpark.org]
April 21, 2014 07:07PM
Signed up for pre/post. Come with me and put your butts where your mouths are.

Badum-bump.
April 21, 2014 07:47PM

Come with me and put your butts where your mouths are.

Just don't put your mouths where your butts are. That's nasty.

Signed up for Sunday morning, will be out of town that Saturday.
April 30, 2014 12:53PM
I just wen to the community meeting at the Heyman Center. First off, Joey Durel confirmed that if the City Council refuses the org's plan three times, the contract will, in fact, be dissolved and the city takes over. He called that "a big stick that no one would ever use."

But to be honest, I'm not sure how averse to the idea I am. The latest plan calls for multiple "habitat" areas upon which people are not allowed to thread, and ruled over by a horticultural center, where I'm sure Bill Fontenot and his buddies will all have cozy government jobs. They want a nature station-style park with paths and a boardwalk, and no human encroachment - for habitats which don't currently exist but will be created. The only thing they still seem to be debating are the parking locations and ponds. If this is implemented, disc golf will have a hard time setting up anywhere in the park, but at least I'll get to have fun making Bill the most popular guy in Lafayette.

There's another one tonight at the Petroleum Club. It's the last of the series.
May 01, 2014 09:17PM
Here's the latest survey. Check the map for the garden areas. They take up a lot of space and, as I said, people won't be able to walk in those areas. I know we've posted this many times, but it's a different planning phase and a lot of the things on it need to be seriously down-voted. I don't mind garden areas like that, but not 60+ acres of them in most areas of the park. Also, notice how the subject of the horticultural center just appears in the survey out of thin air, as though it is already a done deal.

Please share too, if you can.

[www.surveymonkey.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013