Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Reasoning, please .....?

Posted by rockindiscgolf 
Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 11:12AM
Could the powers that be explain why my post related to assisting TD's and club promote their sport was taken down?
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 11:48AM
I read your thread. I didn't notice anything wrong with it. I didn't get to study it long enough to consider whether it could have been seen as a competitive threat to the SN. I remember blueboy's comment about how an org having no legal entity status means the org is squat. That may apply to the SN as well. Maybe the bod found it disrespectful. Another theory, the thread deletion might have just been an error, but it's more fun to speculate about ill purposes.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 12:02PM
I would never thought promoting the sport to assist both TD's and small organizations would be considered a threat. There is a need out on the web for clubs and TD's to post results in consistent fashion. It's certainly not a threat to the SNDG but a possible learning tool in anticipation of their proposed site.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 12:20PM
I have sat back and seen enough. This is insane. Why does the BOD think they have so much power and are overstepping all their boundries??? Nothing but a bunch of p.....s.

I've kept up with the whole 14 month banishments, editing and deletion of post. Tell us BOD, where does it stop?
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 12:44PM
It's the NAZIS man.
It's a new SN and only Dee Bags and electronic music will be tolerated.
Do you like house music? You better....
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 12:47PM
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 01:49PM
I know its stupid to have to wait over a month or longer to see results posted.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 06:13PM
Hey Brandon, nice post for your first ever! I'm sure comments like your's carry mean a whole lot to the people in charge!
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 10:17PM
There is more to this than Grayson/rockindisc is saying...please find out all the facts then decide who is doing what......

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 28, 2013 10:28PM
What are the "more facts?" Is there a place where the "more facts" can be found out?
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 06:40AM
I have only come up with a site in which the SNDG site was cloned because of the issues facing the points system next Spring. I was advised by one of the board members features and bids would be taken after their October 3rd meeting.
After that meeting I was advised they would not be taking bids from me and cordially thanked me for my efforts.

I have offered to assist with development many times ... to no avail.

It is my personal feeling that the SN exists because of the points system it offers. It may be the most important feature of the site as well as the existence of the entire community. The board has talked about it for over six months with only small steps communicated to the SN community. Hosted server space, creation of the code, the desired features of the site, gathering of historical data. and even the rights to the domain have not been discussed openly for the entire SN community.
For an issue as large as this, and I believe I speak for the entire community, there should be clarity in the plans and they should be communicated for all to know and question. This project does not come without an expense. Where is the budget? Where is the money to finance coming from? I want to know these facts? Who is developing? Is he a professional? Can we see some examples of his work? Who will own the domain? Is the SN legally organized to own anything? Frankly, I do not know what Mr. Bodine is trying to relay, but the above IS the facts!

If anyone wants my facts, please PM me. if anyone questions my objectives, I can assure you it was to assist the SN in reaching it goals. I am now pursuing an alternative path to assist clubs and TD's post their event results in an organized fashion. The BOD didn't like that and deleted my posts. Very likely, this one will be deleted as well as that is much easier than them explaining their actions.

I am but one disc golfer using my talents to promote the sport. Those who actually know me are aware of this and are aware of that fact. It is my belief the SN is at a critical point in it's being. It needs transparency more now that ever.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 08:33AM
There's 3 or 4 threads going on questioning the integrity and motives and not one BOD member has grown a pair and shed anykind of light on this.

A few are even talking BOYCOTT it appears.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 08:38AM
Boycott the Nazi regime before it gets worse.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 09:08AM
Personally, I did not get into this to cause a ruckus. I care very much about the "concept" of a players series and hope the issues of the site and management of the seeries works out for the best. This is all I have to say about the subject. Life is too full of opportunities. I will pursue other avenues and not proliferate this issue. Those of you who care for the points series and the SN Community, I do hope it all works out transparently and in the interests of all.

This ain't my torch. I will fade back into oblivion ....... see ya!

Good luck!
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 09:17AM
SuperSheaps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boycott the Nazi regime before it gets worse.


Godwin's Law (of internet stupidity) - "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 10:24AM
It is not Grayson Robbins(hiding his identity as rockindiscgolf) idea's that we have a problem with. It is Grayson and his methods. After being told we were not interested in having him work on our site as he is not a reputable person and even asked that his identity be kept secret from everyone, he then proceeded to bad mouth us in private messages and on facebook. Then he decided he would make a competitive points series, and advertise it on OUR competitive points series, we kindly asked him to alter or remove his post or it would be taken down, he told us 2 days before we took it down to "Do what we have to", and then tries to play the victim. He has also messaged us trying to apologize and back track on his previous comments. So before you go calling us Nazi's, why don't you look at the facts, everything that this BOD has done has been to improve this series.
Let's review:
1. Creation of a New website- The proposal was completed and given to a web designer, so he can create a beta site and a quote for the PLAYERS to decide upon.
2. Moving of Season To Align with calendar year and to get championships outta hurricane season
3. Creation of a deposit requirement which may become only for delinquent and 1st time TD's
4. Removal of non-tournament Hijacking threads from tournament pages, so that new players and sponsors are not turned away by the lack of professionalism in tournament threads.
5. Suspension of the Forums 2 biggest Hijackers who were responsible for the majority of negativity on the Series Forums.
6. Creation of Bag tags and T-shirts that will be for sale soon

I don't see anything in there that is not to improve our series

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 10:32AM
You must be a dj too huh jazzcaster?
I would say the probability is 1.
Telling it like it is.
You mad, bro?
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 10:36AM
Nope Jazzcaster is a Lawyer my friend
and I am not a DJ
I dj as a hobby
I am a corporate IT systems administrator for General Electric

once again.....
ducks in a row

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 10:37AM by niklpenny.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 12:02PM
Chisholm's Third Law: Proposals, as understood by the proposer, will be judged otherwise by others.

Corollary 1: If you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody will.

Corollary 2: If you do something which you are sure will meet with everyone's approval, somebody won't like it.

Corollary 3: Procedures devised to implement the purpose won't quite work.

Corollary 4: No matter how long or how many times you explain, no one is listening.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 12:06PM
So what makes the web designer the SN BOD chose reputable? Because he was a friend of yours, because I have seen you say that. That is a subjective matter. Also, Mr. Moon was a reputable person, and you see where that move took the SN.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 12:07PM by codyroberts18.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 12:55PM
Mr. Moon still is a reputable person. Has kept this thing going for 13-14 years free of charge. Granted, he hasn't updated anything in probably 3-4 years. I don't see where there was a "move". This site is nearly as old as the SN. Been pretty good in my opinion.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 12:58PM
It has been good, but it isn't all in the reputable person. Don't get me wrong, I am not taking up for Grayson by no means, but the BOD is going about a lot of things in the wrong way. Especially as they relate to a "players" series, not a "few select players" series.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 12:58PM by codyroberts18.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 01:00PM
hudd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr. Moon still is a reputable person. Has kept
> this thing going for 13-14 years free of charge.
> Granted, he hasn't updated anything in probably
> 3-4 years. I don't see where there was a "move".
> This site is nearly as old as the SN. Been pretty
> good in my opinion.


I think Cody is just saying that he just forgot about us for the past 3-4 years. Which is not a good thing when he is the only one in control of updating the site

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 01:14PM
My understanding is that Brian help create/or created Phorum. That probably takes up quiet a bit of his time. I guess we are lucky that he hasn't pulled the plug on this many years ago. IMO
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 02:14PM
What are we going about the wrong way Cody, tell me in your infinite wisdom, what we are doing wrong
we have taken players polls on most decisions
we are moving to a website that is cloud based and easy to update, so that the web designer need not be involved
we are not spending a dime without players approval

I think sir you have no idea what your talking about

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 02:16PM by niklpenny.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 03:18PM
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that this BOD seems to be the worst one in a while. Yes, you are meeting regularly and proposing new ideas. However, you all act like you run the SN when you don't. You are simply a board of directors that should represent the players as a whole, and you don't do that either. I am simply asking the questions out falling ones aren't here to ask.

Did I say I have infinite wisdom? No! Did I say you were using SN funds? No! So don't put words in my mouth please. I am simply speaking up for players who have been left in the dark about a few issues.

Have a good one SN. May the BOD lead you to the promise land.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 04:17PM
Quote

"However, you all act like you run the SN when you don't. You are simply a board of directors . . ."


Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 04:29PM
Characteristics of an Unhealthy Organization

Maybe a little peek within will tell the tale as well!

Sa la vie!
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 29, 2013 06:43PM
Like it not, the BOD does run our series. They are trying to move us forward and into the future. Give them a chance! One of the best things they have accomplished is to get rid of the two main people that have been detrimental to this forum. Thanks again for your many hours of volunteering to try and make a difference.
Re: Reasoning, please .....?
October 30, 2013 08:56AM
What Ryan said is true. We have gathered in put in various ways (online polls, online and in-person conversations with people) about lots of our decisions. This is not the first time that these issues (change of season to calendar year and new website) have come up. These are items that have been topics of discussion for years. We are just actually trying to implement some of these changes instead of talking about them and nothing happening. Will it be perfect? No. Will we make mistakes? Yes. We are human and this is a human endeavor. We are doing our best to move this series along in a positive, forward direction. It may take one step back to take two steps forward. Everything we do won't be immediately apparent that it's working. We will have to do some "beta testing" in order to work out the kinks. Everyone on the BoD wants to keep the SN alive and vibrant. There are really only a few main issues that are necessary at the moment. These are not listed in order of importance. There are definitely others, but these are what's going on in the immediate future.

1. Maintaining USDGC qualifier status for our SNPC
2. Getting a new website to incorporate items outlined in the above proposal
3. Ensuring the sale of bag tags in order to raise funds for our SN championships
4. Moving the SN season to coincide with the calendar year
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013