Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Glow Devices that go in basket
November 25, 2013 01:41PM
Last year I used 16 inch LED Foam Batons that I zip tied to the inside of the basket. They worked really well for lighting up the basket and surrounding green, however several people thought they contributed to bounce outs. Does anyone have a better idea. I am considering using this light strands, but it will take most of my glow budget to do that, and I wont be able to light up to much of the course.

these are 7ft long LED strands that are battery powered

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: Glow Devices that go in basket
November 25, 2013 01:44PM
This is what i used last year, just on a solid color setting

November 25, 2013 02:27PM
Can you weave the foam ones around the inside/top of the basket rather than affixing it to the center pole?
November 25, 2013 02:46PM
no they are hard plastic that is not bendable underneath the foam.

November 25, 2013 02:54PM
Could you tie or strap them to the bottom of the basket its slef or to the top of the basket which ever would light up the surrounding area and still light enough of the target for putting?
November 25, 2013 04:04PM
Probably so, why did I not think of that Joe?

must have been dropped on my head as a baby

November 25, 2013 05:47PM
Funny ... I'm a tinkerer by nature so it's kinda what I do. Glad to help ;-)
November 25, 2013 06:50PM
I literally spent days last year tryin to figure this out, and strapping to the pole underneath the basket never occured to me.

November 26, 2013 08:16AM
Either strap them to the pole under the bucket, or use the long glow necklaces. They are small in diameter and sit inside the basket with ease.

Terry Zeringue
November 26, 2013 08:38AM
I had the long glow necklaces in the basket as well last year, but they really didnt do much. The LED baton's lit up the basket, and about 20 feet around it in a circle.

November 26, 2013 09:24AM
Try it strapped to the pole on a basket and strapped to the bottom of the basket it's self on another and see which lights better, I'd also try one strapped inside the chastity belt (if you have innova baskets. That would mask most of the "direct" viewing of the LED's and give indirect lighting to players which will help them see better when they're in lower light areas.

I find that moving from brightly lit areas to darker areas make it harder to see your surroundings in the darker areas as it takes your eyes longer to adjust back to the dark.
November 26, 2013 11:11AM
Thats why i use green, Like night vision, the color green does not mess with your eyes adjustment to the dark.

November 26, 2013 12:55PM
really depends on intensity and wavelength of the green honestly. There are some greens that really mess with it and others that don't. Red light is the best for not messing with your normal adjusted nighttime vision but isn't as good at lighting up the area. A good rule of thumb, the more an area is lit up, the more it affects your vision in the darkness and the longer it will take your eyes to adjust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013