Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Reporting of Violations of the Rules of Play

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Reporting of Violations of the Rules of Play
December 03, 2013 02:46PM
Just because it's talked about doesn't mean the SN condones it. 8th graders have a class on drugs. You people who say all topics about drugs should understand what kids actually read in schools. Or is it because of potential sponsors? Sweeping anything under a rug doesn't clean it up, it just makes it look like the people sweepings thinks it's ok.

Terry Zeringue
December 03, 2013 03:33PM
No, I posted another one. It didn't seem to break any rules, but it's gone anyway.
ESP
December 18, 2013 12:21PM
illegal activities during tournament.... hmmmm.... so are we saying that people who are smoking mj are a violent part of society that they not be at these tournaments because they are trouble and are causing trouble for players and families that are involved? are you saying that pot heads are acting out at these sanctioned events and should be dealt with? are you saying potheads are involved in violent acts towards anyone at these events? are we just saying its illegal so we will enforce the law even though we are not the law? id like to understand exactly why you would choose to go after one class of citizens in the USA. Yet drunks are routinely in and are apart of the tournaments. Or you have parties with alcohol there and ive seen plenty of tds with those drinking and leave while they should not be driving after such. Drinking and driving is illegal? im sure some of you guys on here stating about criminal activities speed one time or another during the week or normally every day. which is more dangerous than someone smoking weed. I can just say choose your battles. there is nothing wrong with marijuana do your research. get over it. it will be legal soon. it already is in 2 states. and decriminalized in over half of the states now. so get ready to cry and no one listen. good job for what ever it is your trying to do. POTHEADS INVENTED THIS GAME. go home throw away all your music because most of them were really high on drugs. or better yet call police and tell them which artist are on drugs that you want them removed. after reading these posts ive met nicer potheads than many of you ive met or dealt with at these tournaments.
December 20, 2013 09:02AM
ESP
illegal activities during tournament.... hmmmm.... so are we saying that people who are smoking mj are a violent . . .

You can try to expand the discussion to attack arguments made by no one, but it really comes down to one thing: is illegal drug use to be tolerated in tournament play? This is a question about growing the sport. What other successful sport can you think of in which the very activity of the sport is considered by its participants as a good opportunity to smoke marijuana?

As to legalities, marijuana is a substance the mere possession of which is illegal in every state. You don't seem to be researching that issue very well so I'll help: 21 USC 13 section 801 et seq., specifically sections 812 and 844.

You may wish that there was no stigma attached to illegal drug use, but there is. Sponsors aren't going to line up to support local tournaments for and parents aren't going to introduce their young children to a sport whose image is that of one overrun by people who are proud to call themselves potheads. Governmental entities might be more tolerant of taking the good with the bad, but could easily become reluctant to build or allow courses to be built for a sport seen as attracting that activity. I think Alan's idea of an anti-drug policy is a good idea.
ESP
December 20, 2013 09:27AM
JAZZ you've been spewing this jazz for a while now. In over ten years weed has become more prevelant and more people are playing not the opposite. Ive been playing over 10 years and not sure what you are talking about illegal drug use stopping the sport from growing. The sport wouldn't be what it is today and would not exist if not for POTHEADS. You need to research . It is legal for the first time in history in two countries.also, it is legal in two states about to be three. also, is going on the ballot 2014 for all states to vote on recreational use. and states like here in MS. you can get a ticket for a roach up to an ounce. Descression of the officer. So you are wrong buddy. I know for a fact . seen with my own eyes my brother get written a ticket an not go to jail. go pick on people who will fight back. Potheads are the ones who try to stay away from any negative people as you know I hope. When was the last person high on weed you seen trying to fight? As far as courses being added. Once again . Discgolf has always had the stigma of marijuana. It hasn't stopped it at all from its success. and more courses are being added every day public, private and state owned land. So your argument is null an void. Sponsers? Really? do you realize all the people that smoke weed that are sponsored by INNOVA? dude you need to really think about what your saying I can call you if you like and name 30 top pro rated pdga players sponsored that are cool guys who promote the sport shoot better than any of us love the game and guess what THEY BURN WEED MAN. get over your self. go join the force become a cop. My dad was a cop he is for legalization. I was In the military 5 yrs, I am for legalization. there is a movement for legalization which is bigger than discgolf. so get ready. When you choose to no tolerate intolerant people ...you too become intolerant. anit drug? haha!! yall testing for steroids and pain pills yet?
ESP
December 20, 2013 09:36AM
oh yeah they cant smoke marijuana in the nfl but they don't test for certain steroids. too funny. do you actually know what they are putting into their bodies. and the NFL is little huh? drug use is rampant in most sports. Have you even been watching baseball the last few years? do you know how much cocaine is used in the PGA? we need some stats....since you want to say no sport will prosper with illegal drug activites involved. Lot of country music being sold by people who smoke weed. they are not being held back or its not hurting their wallet. NOr in the rap industry. nor the mainstream music industry, you point is not a valid one. cause its illegal? like I said so is speeding and drinking and driving which I see all the time leaving a players party hosted by the sndg and what ever club is involved. guess the weed Nazis can teach the rest of the world a thing or two huh. I think it comes down to respect. You don't want to be around it. Tell a person. be a man. don't spout off how its illegal and that's good enough for you. just cause our government says these things are bad doesn't make it true. is why legalization is happening. people wre being lied to for years and years about the effects and harm of marijuana. Sports are not losing fans cause of drug use and sports are not being held back due to use of drugs. this sport is just needing something to lift it up but it sure not being held back by POTHEADS.
December 21, 2013 11:14AM
ESP is right..... the "potheads" have been around seen the beginning of disc golf.... now the Nazis want to come and push them out!!!!! All we need is discretion ... and we have NONE of that on both sides...... kernanwasright ..... I feel a bumper sticker coming on!!! PS Jazz... it is not illegal in all states, but it is illegal by FEDERAL law, so you are half right!!
December 21, 2013 11:35AM
All I ask for is discretion. Keep it away from kids and out of sight of the general public.
December 21, 2013 05:02PM
Flyerbud
PS Jazz... it is not illegal in all states, but it is illegal by FEDERAL law, so you are half right!!

That is exactly what makes it illegal in all states. Federal law is applicable in every state. Additionally possession of marijuana is illegal under the laws of all the states within the SNDG's "territory."
ESP
December 23, 2013 01:03PM
Respect for others and their wishes. Most if not all should agree if kids are around even if it is legal discretion is vital. I don't care how legal it is if there are children around you don't use. Now respecting another adult and his beliefs even if they do not smoke. well, of course you should be polite and not use around anyone who asks not to. But, to call the cops. I just don't understand that point of view. You have to hate someone pretty bad to want them to go to jail for just smoking marijuana. Like I said , about the legalities of it JAzz:) it is a ticket in most states. so you would be just wasting time and money of our judicial system and possibly making some enemies for no reason. FOR A FACT ROACH UP TO AN OUNCE IS A TICKETABLE OFFENSE.... FOR A FACT IT IS UP TO THE DISCRETTION OF THE OFFICER IF HE WRITES TICKET OR YOU GO TO JAIL. FOR A FACT WHAT YOU ARE ASKING BASICALLY FOR IS RESPECT FROM OTHER PEOPLE. NOT ALL POTHEADS ARE DISREPECTFUL OF OTHERS. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST DISRESPECTFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE DOING. SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE HAPPEN TO SMOKE POT. NOT ALL ARE LIKE THIS:) MERRY CHRISTMAS.
December 23, 2013 03:24PM
If "potheads" don't have anything to do with growing or non growing the sport, then why they heck are people always saying it should be left off of the forums?

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013