Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Baton Rouge Doubles

Posted by twhit28 
Baton Rouge Doubles
December 17, 2013 09:47AM
I have been playing disc golf for a while now, but it has always been with the same group of friends. While playing by myself, I started talking to a random guy at the Highland disc golf course. He told me that a group of people play random doubles at night(I think on Wednesday). Is this true? What time do they play and how much is it to play?

I want to play in the upcoming tournament at Flanacher, but first i wanted to see how I ranked with other players.

Re: Baton Rouge Doubles
December 17, 2013 10:04AM
They play on Wednesday nights at 6 pm. I think it cost 5.00 or it use to anyway.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
December 18, 2013 11:13AM
$5.00 to play, all entry fee money paid back out. Starts at 6:00 year round. Go to academy and get the little lights from the fishing department for now. Players out there can tell you better lights you may find online. Very laid back group. #'s can range from 4-8 during this time of the year. Wish we can get a better turnout, but it is still always fun to be out there with that group. Novice to pro, all is welcome. Bring a beer or two........or three or four.

Terry Zeringue
December 19, 2013 02:35PM
Sweet, I've been doing some research online and many people suggest using a coin battery, led light from radio shack, and clear duct tape. I will be there next Wednesday
December 19, 2013 03:05PM
They might not do it Christmas night, but I could be wrong.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
December 20, 2013 08:42AM
Good point. I was playing at Baker yesterday and noticed glow sticks hanging on the baskets. Do they play at Baker too?
December 20, 2013 10:10AM
twhit28 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good point. I was playing at Baker yesterday and
> noticed glow sticks hanging on the baskets. Do
> they play at Baker too?

Yes. On Tuesdays. Same format. 6:00, $5, random draw, best shot doubles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
December 20, 2013 05:22PM
Not sure if you ever come into Lafayette, but we also have a glow round at 6pm on Wednesday @ Acadiana park Duzee course. Turnouts have been 8-12 lately, and we only play for $2 a head. $1.00 goes to acepot and the other to payout.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013