Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SNPC/SNAC 2014 update

Posted by 3puttking 
Re: SNPC/SNAC 2014 update
January 10, 2014 09:30AM
I think other alternatives need to be explored. Tee times maybe. Is the problem too many folks and not enough courses?
January 10, 2014 10:52AM
I don't think there is a problem, they're just trying to shed some positive light on the sport within city of Memphis. There are no disc golf courses within Memphis' city limits (not sure if The Hill is in the city of not, but you get my point), and having the final round of the SN Pro Championships in one of the City's most historic parks would be great exposure. Having as many people in attendance as possible would only enhance the experience for those that may be new to the sport and decide to come check it out. If the AMs are playing elsewhere, there probably won't be many onlookers.

At least that's what I got out of it.
January 10, 2014 07:31PM
Make the SNAC 3 rounds, and SNPC 4 rounds.
January 11, 2014 07:23AM
That was the original play Dillon. Unfortunately the SNDG bi-laws state that each event must be a minimum of 3 1/2 rounds. We want to keep the players happy and at the same time grow the sport in Memphis by creating a larger footprint with the city.
January 14, 2014 04:32PM
Monday finish would definitely hurt your pro attendance
please don't change the dates
January 14, 2014 08:36PM
I think most ams would go home after their final round. A few would stay, mostly because of carpooling, but I don't think you'd get the added attendance you're hoping for and yes, you'll lose some if you stretch it to Monday.
January 15, 2014 07:25AM
Give out the players pack at the finals
January 15, 2014 08:29AM
Do 3 1/2 rnds for both the ams n pros. Then have a cut line for pro field for a final 9. The ams would have time to watch. Maybe kick back the Sunday morning start time, it would be a late finish but with Monday off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 08:40AM by hobbit489.
January 15, 2014 12:54PM
Two good ideas
January 29, 2014 04:23PM
Idk if this has been posted yet but I figured i'd pass the info along.

A facebook page has been made for this and they are taking ideas on there!

[www.facebook.com]
February 07, 2014 07:20AM
Thanks for adding the link Rob. We want to keep information flowing in as many places as possible.
February 07, 2014 07:20AM
We are excited to announce that Dynamic Discs will be one of our major sponsors for the Championships. They will be in town all week with the Chasin the Chains RV and set up at tournament central with the full line of Trilogy discs. Dynamic will run a flex start event on Friday (not sure if it will be doubles or singles yet). They are also adding a win your card prize for the third round. Meaning if you win you card in the third round you win a disc. Don't forget to check out the new line of bags and discs on Dynamic Discs website. They have anything and everything you need for disc golf.

[www.dynamicdiscs.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013