Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I quit, I'm done

Posted by niklpenny 
I quit, I'm done
December 20, 2013 08:07AM
I am resigning from the Board of Directors, and after the Buhlow Glow Throw I am not running anymore tournaments for a very long time. All the drama that is associated with it is something that I do not need. Thx for those that did support me, good bye

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 08:07AM by niklpenny.
Re: I quit, I'm done
December 20, 2013 08:20AM
Another one bites the dust. Hey Hey

BMB
December 20, 2013 09:42AM
How long was the tenure?
December 20, 2013 10:00AM
I know you have been getting a hard time lately, but quitting is not the answer. Spending less time on this forum is the answer.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
December 20, 2013 10:14AM
Looks like a case of TD postpartum depression to me. I've seen it, been there or done that many times. A TD will bust asterisk but stuff still goes wrong. Being a TD is just a tough job, I imagine same as being a BOD member. Just know there are many who can relate and few who jumped in with your enthusiasm. My prescription for you is a round of completely meaningless disc golf with 3 or 4 people you like hanging out with the most, and remember that is more important than being a TD or BOD member.
December 20, 2013 10:40AM
Being a TD or a BOD member is a thankless job that gets ridiculed by people that are clueless or too lazy to step up and try it themselves. I apprecciate all BOD members that take the time to do this voluntary job.
Everyone always needs to keep it in perspective:

ITS ABOUT THE GOLF!!

Lecy
December 20, 2013 10:51AM
he gone.......
December 20, 2013 11:46AM
And Mikey had nothing to do with it.

BMB
December 20, 2013 11:50AM
Ryan,
I have no personal ill feelings toward you. You volunteered for a very difficult job and actually did a lot in the short time you have been there.

The main problem most had with you was your refusal to accept criticism or advice. Until the very end, you refused to admit that you could be wrong on any subject. In a way, I understand. You had/have a vision that is good for the sport...and you stuck to your vision. But you weren't flexible, and told many that they did not know what they were talking about when they disagreed with you

You are a good person, but nobody is perfect. Accept criticism and the fact that you are not always right

For my part, I was too hard on you...and for that, I apologize.

Please reconsider your decision.
December 20, 2013 01:58PM
I will step back on the board if needed, just let me know.
December 20, 2013 06:34PM
Kernan said to tell y'all. "Since I was banned I had nothing to do with it!" - Mike Kernan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 06:35PM by BERNIE.
December 20, 2013 07:13PM
I know I give you grief on here, but it's mostly in fun.

I've only helped out at tournaments, and even that is a constant barrage of complaints and headaches. I can only imagine what it's like to be the TD. Don't let it wear you down. The grateful players far outnumber the sandy vaginas. They're just not nearly as vocal. Remember that. Most people support what you do.
December 21, 2013 11:19AM
I agree with one of the posts on here to not read the forums so much, there are those who will not lift a finger to help but will use a bulldozer to pile on the blame. A thankless job much like when being a parent and your kids "hate" you. Just do what you know to be the best, learn from any mistakes you should make, apologize for those mistakes, and grow a thick skin. Firing back in defense in public will get you more of the same responses you have already seen. Think about it and give it some time before you do what may be a knee jerk reaction. If it is true you are done then walk away with your head high. For the SNDG family I would like to say that this is more common with each member and that while it is only natural not to agree with all decisions, we could learn there are ways to do so privately and politely. Once again this is a volunteer position and no one should have to put up with some of the things I have seen posted. No one is perfect and we should be more tolerate in our approach in dealing with major issues within the SNDG.
December 21, 2013 07:04PM
OMG
December 23, 2013 03:33PM
Making threats isn't a way to handle anything on this forum either.

Terry Zeringue
December 26, 2013 12:05AM
Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead...

A BOD member should not be allowed to threaten it's players when someone disagrees with them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013