Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall Doxey's Ice Bowl

Wall Doxey's Ice Bowl
January 21, 2003 01:37PM
Hello everyone,
Due to popular demand, The Ice Bowl at Wall Doxey State Park has been turned into a Southern National Qualifier along with a charity event. The Sndg Fee $2.00 will be taken out of the registration and $2.00 will be taken out for the local charities in the area. The bunkhouses will be available for $7.00 per person per night beginning on February 7, 2003. A lunch will be served for $5.00 on Saturday the 8th. This will be a one day tourney with two rounds of 20 holes alternating baskets. Sunday The 9th there will be a pickup doubles on Sunday for players staying another day. Registration on February 8th, 2003 will be 8:30 to 9:30 am. Player's meeting will be 9:30 am. Tee off will be 10:00 am. The fees will be as follows. Open pro...$40.00, Pro Master...$35.00, Grand Masters and Pro women.... $30.00, Advanced and Am Masters... $25.00, Am Men and Women...$20.00, Novice and Jr's......$15.00. Novice and Jr's will receive two disc and mini. All Women registering will receive a disc. For more information contact Benny Martin at 662-252-4231 or e-mail us at wdoxey@dixie-net.com. The forum will also be checked for Questions.
Re: Wall Doxey's Ice Bowl
January 21, 2003 01:47PM
Griff is in!!! See ya there!

Against my better judgment, the $20 bounty on 17 once again will be offered...from any appropriate division's tee--the first deuce gets the bounty!!

I would assume our shark that hit it as a junior/novice last time will be an AM this time?!?!? But I'm not scared!! Bring it on!!

Griff
January 21, 2003 01:48PM
Sounds good! Could you please post the time registration opens and closes, and the time of the players meeting. Thanks, RwC

P.S. Please pardon my stupidity, but what does "20 holes alternating baskets" mean?
john kittrell
January 21, 2003 01:48PM
I'll put tthe information on the tournament page.
John K
TD writer,
I am sorry for the confusion. We have added two new holes. We have alternate basket placements for Holes 1,3,5,7,8,9. IF you have not played here since august of 2002. The baskets may be in different locations. Griff will verify these new placements will add a couple strokes to your score if you are not careful. The registration will begin Saturday February 8th, 2003 at 8:30 am and close at 9:30 am. Player's meeting will be 9:30am. Tee off will be at 10:00 am.
January 28, 2003 10:44AM
Then again....we all know Griff adds a few strokes to his score everytime he plays....and he's hardly ever careful!!
jim
January 28, 2003 11:07AM
griff it is always great to see you drive up when iam hosting a tournament , i hope you never change , hope to see you soon jim
January 28, 2003 08:48PM
Jim,
Will we you see you at Wall Doxey. We hope so. I think you would like what we are doing. By the way, this is benny. I use this screen name when at home.
jim
January 29, 2003 03:55PM
i wish i could but blake has some stuff going on and i must be there. wall doxey was one of my favorite places that i had been. they have a nice bunk house and great food too. bring your bag tags too ill send some prizes for the bag tag players .jim
We understand. Thanks for the comments on the Bunk houses and food. I forgot about the bag tag wars. Jim, we appreciate anything you do to help increase any tourney especially ours. So guys with bag tags like any SDNG event bring your bag tags and put em up for other players. We would like to see some BR guys and Judges come this way to defend them against the northern bag tag holders ( AR, Tn, NMS)
February 04, 2003 09:07AM
Just bringin' this back to the top. Hope everyone shows up for a great tournament and some fun golf. The forecast looks a little cold for the weekend, but that's why they call it an icebowl.
February 04, 2003 10:45AM
Hey Benny, do y'all get a decent group of Advanced Masters at Wall Doxey? I'd like to come but I don't want to play advanced and get beat up by all those young guys <G> I assume there will be signs on Mississippi 7 directing me to the park, right? My situation is sort of fluid right now, but I'm leaning toward playing Saturday and driving home in time for the Bud Shootout (NASCAR fan, y'know) Saturday night. Thanks, RwC
February 04, 2003 09:58PM
tdwriter,
sometimes we have a few advanced masters. Each tourney brings more and more players. The big thing this tourney will be the weather conditions in the arkansa area. They usually bring the advanced masters. I know that Gary said he wanted to play grand master. Memphis usually has a couple of these. Thanks Fair for bring it back to the top. I have been straying a little.
Benny
February 04, 2003 10:16PM
Thanks Benny. I've never played there and I'll be coming from Florence, Al. I want to add another new Mississippi course to my resume, so to speak. I doubt if any of the local Adv. Master will come. They're till wiped out from Tish! The weather is an issue. Tish spoiled me with the high 50s Saturday and 60s Sunday. But Cossar, Columbus and Florence were cold, so I'm used to it. Just have to get back in time for the race. I've heard a lot of good things about the course, so right now I'm leaning towards coming. Take care, RwC
February 04, 2003 10:42PM
tdwriter,
I am glad that you are coming. We have a few local club members that can qualify for the advanced masters, but they so use to playing in the am division. Maybe we cn talk them in playing in their field.
DC
February 04, 2003 11:21PM
Russ,

Bring your accurate game. This is a mainly short and tight course, although the back nine will test your distance a little bit. There are many birdies to be had, and it is a real fun course overall.

DC
DC
February 04, 2003 11:24PM
Does anyone know if Griff will be attending the Wall Doxy Ice Bowl? --dc
February 05, 2003 09:09AM
I heard he has a broken collar bone, so I'm not sure if he will be able to play or not. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say to get well soon Griff!
Fair
February 05, 2003 10:05AM
Griff is in the house....I don't care if my arm falls off...I'll chew on a leather belt and I am certainly comin' for ya at Doxey!!! @#$%& the torpedoes...full steam ahaed!!!! Griff
February 05, 2003 10:05AM
Hear, Hear, Fair! We're all with ya, Griff! RwC
Is this true griff a broken collar bone. So if you come, I will be challenging you for my club bag tag back. So remember the saying on the club bag tag. A true disc golf player takes advantage of every sitution ( I hope I spelled that right) including broken collar bones (ha ha). No really, I hope you can make it, and please heal soon I want my club bag tag back the proper way.
Benny
February 05, 2003 08:36PM
Kenny, Zack, Fair,Griff
where is everyone glued to the tv watching the weather. If anyone needs to ask question about the Wall Doxey Ice Bowl. I will be online for awhile to answer questions. I have received some calls from Louisanna and South Alabama players wanting to play. I still feel other than some cold weather. We don't think there will be any snow. I still have some suprises to spring but don't want to do it until we are sure. Don't forget our bunk houses are available. They have central heat and air. You will need to bring your on linen.
February 05, 2003 09:04PM
Oboy, Surprises! Cool, now I definitely want to come! Gotta keep up with this points race. Can't stay for doubles this time, NASCAR race Saturday night, ya know! RwC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013