Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Help BoD

Posted by Keith Bodin 
Help BoD
January 19, 2014 06:28PM
Please post the Financial report. This has been asked for for over 3 months now and no one from the BoD has posted anything except " in the next couple days." When a TD does not pay y'all hold him/her accountable. We'll it is past time for theBoD to be held accountable for their non action on this subject. I propose no tds send in any money until the BoD issues a report for all SN finances to date.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 07:24PM
Only one member of the BoD, Eric Day, has made a statement on the lack of financial accounting. If they have any accountability, they would make a joint statement and post it as a "sticky" on this area of the forum.

They should also make posts on all areas of the forum linking to this statement.

This is a subject that is much more important than editing of attempts to bypass the language filter, removal of thread drift...or even the failure to maintain a current set of rules. We are talking here about thousands of dollars that the players have paid to this series.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:14PM
The current state of the account actually can't be be put out by the BOD because John K did not turn over access to the online system or the spreadsheets. A semi report can be produced but will probably only contain what fee's have been collected since John K left. Get ahold of John K and ask him to turn over the information he should have turned over 6 months ago.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:24PM
If it were that easy (a report on fees collected since July), why hasn't it been done yet? The BoD has been so silent on this subject that it is deafening.

It's not that hard. You knew how much was in the account on July 11, 2013. You know how much was sent to the Pro, Amateur and Doubles Championships. All you have to do is math with the income and expenditures from there and you will come up with a pretty accurate ballpark figure.

It's not rocket science....nor is it as complicated as banning people and editing posts.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:27PM
Blame it on somebody else....maybe Dynamic Discs is at fault with this one.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:29PM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The current state of the account actually can't be
> be put out by the BOD because John K did not turn
> over access to the online system or the
> spreadsheets. A semi report can be produced but
> will probably only contain what fee's have been
> collected since John K left. Get ahold of John K
> and ask him to turn over the information he should
> have turned over 6 months ago.


WRONG ANSWER!!!
Any other current or former BoD member want to give it a try?

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:39PM
Keith,

Eric Day did make the following response to one of my posts:

Quote

We have not Ignored it, earlier this week I asked Allan if He needed help with posting the info. He said He would send me the info, this hasn't happened yet. 2 days ago, Johnathan messaged us "Well regardless of the next meeting, we need to get with Allan and get a Treasurers report out on the SN financial standings. And we need it ASAP!". Obviously we are addressing this issue and are trying to get everyone updated.

I'll give credit to Eric....he is the only one who has been open, in any way, to requests for information.

I will not make any accusations of illegal activity, but if this were a corporation accountable to its shareholders, or a governmental agency that lost, or could not account for its fiscal standing....there would be some very heavy pressure on them from the legal authorities.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 08:52PM
Tournament Fee Update:

Jan-14
1.14th Tishomingo Ice Bowl Paid $96
2. 14th Tish Ice Bowl Dubs Paid $200
3. Mobile Kawinis Paid $30
Total collected $326

13-Dec
1. 4th Annual NO DG Classic Paid $98
2. 2013 LA States N/A $108
3. GCBC Singles Paid $100
4. Blue Angel Christmas Classic Paid $198
5. Zephyrman Memorial Paid $60
Total owed $564 Total collected $456

13-Nov
1. Pass the Stuffin Paid $102
2. 2013 Turkey Shoot Paid $128
3. Turkey Toss N/A $126
4. 2nd Michael Foradori Jr Paid $82
5. Bon Vie Tour Championship Paid $66
6. Hyzer Spike Paid $160
7. Pearl River Rundown Paid $80
8. Room in the INN Paid $104
9. 4th Chautauqua Open Paid $128
10. 2013 Lee Naquin Paid $324
11. GWC Scholarship Tourney Paid $24
12. Thiller at Hiller Paid $132
Total Owed $1,456 Total Collected $1330

13-Oct
1. Halloween Howler Paid $488
2. Antique Basket Classic Paid $122
3. Arkansas State Doubles Paid $112
4. Fox Hunt Paid $90
5. Mango Classic Paid $302
6. 16th Tish Fall Classic Paid $166
7. Reach for the Peak Paid $42
8. Cajun Classic Paid $94
9. Battle in the Boro Paid $154
Total Collected $1,570

13-Sep
1. MS State Championship Paid $86
2. Civil War: Bud Hill Paid $144
3. 2013 Rumble in the Jungle Paid $102
4. 12th Late Summer Fest Paid $88
5. 2013 Outlaws Paid $194
6. Wally Free Doubles Paid $332
7. Southside Kickoff Paid $136
8. 2013 Tupelo Fall Classic Paid $54
9. Summer Smash Paid $66
Total Collected $1,202

Total Fees Collected $4884
Total Fees Owed $5118
Outstanding Tournaments:

1. 2013 LA States - Owe $108
2. Turkey Toss - Owe $126

Expenses: $127.50 Bag Tags
$200 SN Towels
$80 SN Shirts
$407.5

Outstanding Invoice:
$275 SN Shirts


Sales Made: $100 10 Bag Tags to Tupelo
$60 Shirts and Towels to Cenla Disc Golf

Account Total as of Monday Jan 20th, 2014 $8,882.03



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 09:01PM by hobbit489.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 09:17PM
Thanks, Adam...

Question:

Were fees from July and August included in any statements? If so, I don't see them.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 09:31PM
Warlord Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, Adam...
>
> Question:
>
> Were fees from July and August included in any
> statements? If so, I don't see them.


From what I understand, please keep in mind I'm still catching up with everything that happened earlier this season. John K still held the Treasurer position from June through August. The records of those events wasn't sent from Him to Allan, or at least that is what I heard from Ryan. If this is correct then We will need to attempt to contact John and get those records. Once We have those records then We can do a full financial report and hopefully get some breakdowns of divisions as well. This is not perfect but it is a start, and I understand some/most of You may be wanting more info ASAP.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 09:49PM
That is the kind of response that people respect, Eric. You covered all bases without telling the questioner that he didn't know what he was talking about, telling him to run for the BoD himself, or just ignoring the question.

Now, the hard work is still in front of you....and, speaking for myself, I will let it be for now...as long as it is apparent that the BoD is working on the problem.

I would suggest monthly, instead of quarterly, reports. Also....maybe a spreadsheet format that can be posted as an image file...like Jacques does for his tourneys. You might have to go to several pages, but it would be better in the long run.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 10:00PM
Warlord Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is the kind of response that people respect,
> Eric. You covered all bases without telling the
> questioner that he didn't know what he was talking
> about, telling him to run for the BoD himself, or
> just ignoring the question.
>
> Now, the hard work is still in front of
> you....and, speaking for myself, I will let it be
> for now...as long as it is apparent that the BoD
> is working on the problem.
>
> I would suggest monthly, instead of quarterly,
> reports. Also....maybe a spreadsheet format that
> can be posted as an image file...like Jacques does
> for his tourneys. You might have to go to several
> pages, but it would be better in the long run.

Your suggestion are noted, We may not get to this in the Meeting this week so to the large amount of things we need to discuss. I can say that Monthly reports was brought up earlier tonight, no one was opposed to it.
Re: Help BoD
January 19, 2014 10:13PM
The sad part of this is I/We the SN players had to even start a thread on this topic!

Thank you for the response, but tell the truth. if I had not start this thread how long would it had taken to get this information?

I am thinking till someone else "stirred the pot".

That is wrong BoD. I have spent time at events and the players have lost all confidence that the BoD is moving in a positive direction. Yall are making it very hard to support something I have been apart of and supported for over 20 years.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 01:50AM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warlord Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks, Adam...
> >
> > Question:
> >
> > Were fees from July and August included in any
> > statements? If so, I don't see them.
>
>
> From what I understand, please keep in mind I'm
> still catching up with everything that happened
> earlier this season. John K still held the
> Treasurer position from June through August. The
> records of those events wasn't sent from Him to
> Allan, or at least that is what I heard from Ryan.
> If this is correct then We will need to attempt to
> contact John and get those records. Once We have
> those records then We can do a full financial
> report and hopefully get some breakdowns of
> divisions as well. This is not perfect but it is a
> start, and I understand some/most of You may be
> wanting more info ASAP.

This is information that I compiled from 2 older threads (1 by John K. and 1 by Allan) regarding tournaments which took place in June, July, and August:

June 2013

Safari 7 - $140 Fees Collected (9/24) AM
$112 - Rock Bottom Open (received 14 june 2013) JK
$56 - L.E.G.S. Fundraiser (received 8 june 2013) JK
$150 - 2nd Annual Bud Hill Masters tournament (received 8 june 2013) JK
City of Mobile Doubles - $228 Fees Collected (9/24) AM
$46 - Lake Lowndes Summer Sizzler (received 21 june 2013) JK
$84 - 2013 State Games of Mississippi (received 10 july 2013) JK
$102 - Free as a Breeze (received 24 july 2013) JK
$114 - DeSoto County Open (received 11 july 2013) JK
Tomato Toss - $94 Fees Collected (8/2) AM
2nd Annual Sky South Doubles - $92 (9/20) AM
High County Disc Golf Champ - $172 (9/20) AM

July 2013

$152 - Double Down Throw Down (received 23 july 2013) JK
Hamiton Chain Bangers - $84 Fees Collected (9/13) AM
$68 - 14th Annual Ouchita River Open (received 26 july 2013) JK
$128 - Summer Sizzler (received 8 august 2013) JK
Rez Dawgs Tourney - $90 Fees Collected (8/2) AM

August 2013

$228 - New Orleans Doubles Championship (received 7 august 2013) JK
Diamond Head Duel - $42 Fees Collected (9/27 AM

Not accounted for in any of the 3 threads which list tournaments that have paid:

Civil War: Battle of Bigbee Doubles (July 20th)
4th Annual Rose Hill Rumble (August 10th)
The Rock Cities Open (August 10th & 11th)
8th Annual Chains for Charity Doubles Tournament (August 25th)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2014 01:51AM by cox3.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 02:05AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sad part of this is I/We the SN players had to
> even start a thread on this topic!
>
> Thank you for the response, but tell the truth. if
> I had not start this thread how long would it had
> taken to get this information?
>
> I am thinking till someone else "stirred the pot".
>
>
> That is wrong BoD. I have spent time at events
> and the players have lost all confidence that the
> BoD is moving in a positive direction. Yall are
> making it very hard to support something I have
> been apart of and supported for over 20 years.

It would have been up just as quick had You not started the post, I'm not upset that You started the post, I understand why You started the post. The information was sent to Adam and Myself at 2:01 pm today. At 5:43 pm Adam ask if I could post it on here. I informed Him "I get home in an hour and a half it will have to wait until then". At 8:53 pm He informed Me that He posted it. It could have been posted at about 7:30pm when I got home for Hattiesburg but I forgot, that is My fault and I apologize. The other 4 members did not receive the email with this information and It got forwarded to them tonight.

. The problem with getting results entered into the system in a timely matter has been fixed.
. Finances, although its not the full breakdown, have been shown
. Stat corrections are being worked on, hopefully complete soon
. Website has been discussed throughout the last 2 weeks, a website preview of what the former board discussed has been shown
. Discussion of ratings will be discussed again very soon, we may be working with a new company to have ratings for all SN tournaments at a fair rate, this will be brought up in general discussion as soon as we get some more details.
. We need to discuss the split seasons, information I was just informed of, and how we plan to proceed with everything involved with the change of seasons.
. We just got back to a full Board of 6 members in the last week, this will help greatly with speeding everything up
. Plus everything that I can not think of that we have either discussed or fixed in the last 2 weeks

Hopefully this info been discussed, worked on, and accomplished in the last 2 weeks is a sign that We are moving back in the right direction, All I can ask is that You give us a chance to get started with this new Board before You give up on us.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 07:39AM
I believe Joe B. from NOLA and Dylan S. from B.R. have some really good ideas about SN. These to guys have a love for SN that would be very useful to the BoD. Please reach out to them and "pick their brain".

THANK YOU!

GOOD LUCK and let me know if yall need some help!

It looks like yall are trying to move on the right track and that is a major foot forward.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 09:42AM
cox3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric Day Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Warlord Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Thanks, Adam...
> > >
> > > Question:
> > >
> > > Were fees from July and August included in
> any
> > > statements? If so, I don't see them.
> >
> >
> > From what I understand, please keep in mind I'm
> > still catching up with everything that happened
> > earlier this season. John K still held the
> > Treasurer position from June through August.
> The
> > records of those events wasn't sent from Him to
> > Allan, or at least that is what I heard from
> Ryan.
> > If this is correct then We will need to attempt
> to
> > contact John and get those records. Once We
> have
> > those records then We can do a full financial
> > report and hopefully get some breakdowns of
> > divisions as well. This is not perfect but it is
> a
> > start, and I understand some/most of You may be
> > wanting more info ASAP.
>
> This is information that I compiled from 2 older
> threads (1 by John K. and 1 by Allan) regarding
> tournaments which took place in June, July, and
> August:
>
> June 2013
>
> Safari 7 - $140 Fees Collected (9/24) AM
> $112 - Rock Bottom Open (received 14 june 2013)
> JK
> $56 - L.E.G.S. Fundraiser (received 8 june 2013)
> JK
> $150 - 2nd Annual Bud Hill Masters tournament
> (received 8 june 2013) JK
> City of Mobile Doubles - $228 Fees Collected
> (9/24) AM
> $46 - Lake Lowndes Summer Sizzler (received 21
> june 2013) JK
> $84 - 2013 State Games of Mississippi (received 10
> july 2013) JK
> $102 - Free as a Breeze (received 24 july 2013)
> JK
> $114 - DeSoto County Open (received 11 july 2013)
> JK
> Tomato Toss - $94 Fees Collected (8/2) AM
> 2nd Annual Sky South Doubles - $92 (9/20) AM
> High County Disc Golf Champ - $172 (9/20) AM
>
> July 2013
>
> $152 - Double Down Throw Down (received 23 july
> 2013) JK
> Hamiton Chain Bangers - $84 Fees Collected (9/13)
> AM
> $68 - 14th Annual Ouchita River Open (received 26
> july 2013) JK
> $128 - Summer Sizzler (received 8 august 2013) JK
> Rez Dawgs Tourney - $90 Fees Collected (8/2) AM
>
> August 2013
>
> $228 - New Orleans Doubles Championship (received
> 7 august 2013) JK
> Diamond Head Duel - $42 Fees Collected (9/27 AM
>
> Not accounted for in any of the 3 threads which
> list tournaments that have paid:
>
> Civil War: Battle of Bigbee Doubles (July 20th)
> 4th Annual Rose Hill Rumble (August 10th)
> The Rock Cities Open (August 10th & 11th)
> 8th Annual Chains for Charity Doubles Tournament
> (August 25th)

Via communication with Allan, these 4 tournaments have paid as well. That would make all tournaments from June, July, and August be accounted for. According to his updated report, only 2 tournaments have not paid and both are within the last 2 months so that seems very good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 10:56AM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> . Discussion of ratings will be discussed again
> very soon, we may be working with a new company to
> have ratings for all SN tournaments at a fair
> rate, this will be brought up in general
> discussion as soon as we get some more details.


If the info you gave me yesterday is true (50 cents a player for ratings from this company) that would be 1/4 of the entire SN budget or about $3,000 a year. Sure was a lot better value when you were getting SN ratings for free wasn't it...who was that generous volunteer who y'all ran off?
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 03:42PM
Quote
Gawd Almighty
If the info you gave me yesterday is true (50 cents a player for ratings from this company) that would be 1/4 of the entire SN budget or about $3,000 a year. Sure was a lot better value when you were getting SN ratings for free wasn't it...who was that generous volunteer who y'all ran off?

TIRED AND OLD!!!! Can we bring the ban back just so we don't have to read his "poor woo is me, look what I have done" crap post?

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 05:42PM
Yeah bring back the ban on Keith. That would probably bring back a few tournaments that left the SN.

Or have Keith do the ratings if he can figure out how to do 4th grade math :)
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 06:29PM
How can you play disc golf with that arm.... It has to be broken from patting yourself on the back every day..... DONKEY!!! How many sponsors have you ran off from this years POG?

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 06:32PM
Another thread shoot to hell by Gawd Amighty.....yep he's back.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 07:01PM
That's the best you got?

Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 10:17PM
We have more important things to worry about then banning people right now. Try to keep it civil people.
Re: Help BoD
January 20, 2014 10:21PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric Day Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > . Discussion of ratings will be discussed again
> > very soon, we may be working with a new company
> to
> > have ratings for all SN tournaments at a fair
> > rate, this will be brought up in general
> > discussion as soon as we get some more details.
>
>
>
> If the info you gave me yesterday is true (50
> cents a player for ratings from this company) that
> would be 1/4 of the entire SN budget or about
> $3,000 a year. Sure was a lot better value when
> you were getting SN ratings for free wasn't
> it...who was that generous volunteer who y'all ran
> off?


Yes I spoke of this Yesterday, This info will be posted in general discussion soon. We are not saying we will go with this company but that we are discussing it, we are also considering other options as well.
Re: Help BoD
January 21, 2014 06:29AM
you need to get player feedback on this. Use that survey thing on this. be sure to put exact cost on there and where the money is coming from for the rating system. See what people think.
Re: Help BoD
January 21, 2014 02:07PM
hudd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you need to get player feedback on this. Use that
> survey thing on this. be sure to put exact cost on
> there and where the money is coming from for the
> rating system. See what people think.


As I said, this info will be posted in general discussion. This will allow everyone to voice their opinions
Re: Help BoD
January 21, 2014 04:04PM
My offer still stands at the .25 cents a player for ratings and I guarantee the money will be put into payouts of SN tournaments. (ALL MONEY)
Re: Help BoD
January 21, 2014 04:15PM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My offer still stands at the .25 cents a player
> for ratings and I guarantee the money will be put
> into payouts of SN tournaments. (ALL MONEY)

You said not to long ago you were not running anymore SN events after the final battle in March.....Have you changes your mind?

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Help BoD
January 21, 2014 06:27PM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My offer still stands at the .25 cents a player
> for ratings and I guarantee the money will be put
> into payouts of SN tournaments. (ALL MONEY)


That offer is certainly an improvement over 50 cents.




So Head how exactly would you put the money into SN tournaments? Say the SN paid you $1500 a year to do the ratings. What tournaments would get the $1500?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013