Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DiscFest Kids 2014

Posted by Trackin01 
DiscFest Kids 2014
January 24, 2014 02:03PM
This year I have created something new called DiscFest Kids. For those of you who do not know me. I am a school teacher and have taught 500+ students how to play the game of Disc Golf. Some of the older kids come out and play or just watch me play at tournaments. They really enjoy the whole concept.
Now it's their turn! On May 3, 2014 I am hosting DiscFest Kids where kids ages 6-17 will compete against each other in their own divisions. Example: 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, 16/17 years old. The events will be Long Drive, Putting, Skills, and 9 holes of disc golf. We will have a lunch provided for them.

This entire event is sponsored by Full Blown Discs
The entry fee will be $20.00 per kid and will provide them with 1 or 2 discs, mini disc, and sticker (Extra disc depends on sponsorships)

We will play in Bryant, Arkansas

I've asked players from all over to drop their playing and sponsor a kid for one day. Whether it be a neighbor, niece, or their own child.

Also, during the month of April. We have a few select cities joining in to have a Kids League where one day a week for 4 weeks, us adult disc golfers bring a kid league and we teach them the basics. Want to have a league? Great! If you wish to TD during this league, the kid pays $20 and receives the players pack mentioned above. He goes to the league days and then is already signed up for the DiscFest Kids event.

We will provide top 8 ribbons for each division, and a GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE medal for the divisions.

Time to teach these kids how to play.

More details contact Doug Trantham 501.837.8878 or email: doug@fullblowndiscs.com
Re: DiscFest Kids 2014
January 24, 2014 02:09PM
That is awesome, Doug!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013