Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Orleans area DG courses?

Posted by ThomasD 
New Orleans area DG courses?
January 27, 2014 09:00AM
May be coming down to NO week after next for a few days. My wife will be at a convention so I will have some time to kill. Is there any DG courses in the area that are a MUST play? I've only been to NO once so I may choose to spend my time elsewhere, but if there is a course I should check out I will.
Re: New Orleans area DG courses?
January 27, 2014 01:57PM
We visited N.O. just after Christmas. We played City Park, which is a fun little course. It's fairly short and open with some water in play. Then we played Lafreniere Park, which we all really enjoyed. It had a good layout with some water and concrete OB's, but we had some trouble locating a couple tee boxes, as it offers two sets on each hole. So we just played which ever one we found first! I would recommend either, but we enjoyed Lafreniere Park just a bit more.
Have fun which ever you choose!
January 27, 2014 02:40PM
Lots of friendly golfers n that fine city, u will enjoy yourself.
January 27, 2014 03:33PM
Pelican Park in mandeville

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
January 27, 2014 10:58PM
You do know that Mandeville is 40 mins north of New Orleans, right?
Lol.
January 28, 2014 08:19AM
Thanks for the responses. Looks like its going to be City Park, but I did see a comment on Course Review about bad conditions there. Meyers, was it bad when you played it? How far was the Lafrenier from NO?

There was also a post on the course review site about jumping on the streetcar and taking it to City Park from the French Quarter. That kinda sounds neat, weather permitting.
January 28, 2014 01:14PM
Weather will not be permitting today!

Dangerous Don
January 28, 2014 01:49PM
I believe he will be in town next week.
January 28, 2014 03:34PM
If they have had recent rain at City Park, it will be quite wet and full of puddles, but not horrible. Lafreniere Park is maybe 10-15 minutes N/NE of downtown N.O., in Metairie.
January 29, 2014 03:32AM
City Park isnt bad at all in its current condition.
January 29, 2014 09:23AM
Please know that if you do take the streetcar to City Park, you are still looking at a 15-20 minute walk into the park to reach Hole 1.
January 29, 2014 11:26AM
Yeah I saw that, I'll have to see how adventurous I'm feeling that day. Is alcohol tolerated in the park? on the streetcar? etc.
January 29, 2014 11:46AM
ThomasD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I saw that, I'll have to see how adventurous
> I'm feeling that day. Is alcohol tolerated in the
> park? on the streetcar? etc.

Any where except in a car.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
January 29, 2014 12:02PM
NOteamdiscgolf.com try this website it might of some use. I know they have a league not sure what day
January 29, 2014 10:36PM
We braved the temps today...C.P. Is fantastic.
February 03, 2014 09:10AM
Looks like it's going to be beautiful golf weather! rain, rain, and more rain....
February 10, 2014 08:37AM
I got a chance to play City Park afterall. Truthfully, I only played 11 holes. Just didn't have the gusto to start walking back the other way. It's a pretty cool little course. Most teepads had either water or mud in them so I just teed from the nearest dry area. #2 and #11 stick out as the neatest holes.
February 11, 2014 03:00PM
For future reference, check out the public facebook page "NoTeam Dgc" or the website [noteamdiscgolf.com] for any updates as far as tournaments and league play.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013