Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2015 SNDC Host: Baton Rouge, LA

Posted by cox3 
2015 SNDC Host: Baton Rouge, LA
February 11, 2014 08:30PM
At this time, the board would like to begin receiving bids to host the 2015 Southern Nationals Doubles Championships (SNDC).

Preferred Date: April 11-12, 2015

Other Dates Available for Bidding:
May 16-17, 2015 (If the SNAC is not awarded for this weekend)
May 9-10, 2015 (Mother's Day weekend)
March 21-22, 2015, or any weekend before (Various other potential conflicts including lack of daylight)
*Also, if you host a protected event during March, April, or May and wish to replace that event with this event, you may do so.

Minimum Requirements
- (2) 18+ hole courses with the appropriate challenge, maintenance, and infrastructure
- 3 rounds of competition. A cut may be made after the 3rd round.
- Divisions Offered: Open Pro, Pro Women, Advanced Amateur, Intermediate Amateur, Amateur Women, Juniors (under 16), and any other age and/or gender protected division with three or more teams wishing to participate.
- A payout in each division which equals 110% in cash or fair retail value of the fees received and entry fees received combined. For example, if the fees received for a specific division are $700 and the entry fees received for that division are $300, the total payout for that division must be $1,100 in cash or fair retail value (110% of $1,000)
- The number of spots paid in each division equals 35-50% of the total number of participants in that division
- A trophy/plaque for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each division offered
- Two ancillary events such as a driving contest, putting contest, skills competition, mini golf competition, ring of fires, etc.
- A complete accounting of all revenue, expenses, and prizes awarded to be submitted to the board following the tournament

Support Received
- All championship fees collected from doubles tournaments from March 16, 2014, to December 31, 2014

Compensation
- If all requirements set forth are met, the host is allowed to keep a maximum of $500

Please refer to the thread titled "New SN Handbook" on either the "General Discussion" board or "SN Tournament Information" board and the thread titled "Southern National Doubles Championship Guidelines" on the "SN Board of Directors" board for more specific policies, and/or items not mentioned in this post, regarding the Southern Nationals tournament series and this specific event.

By submitting a bid to host the 2015 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship, you are agreeing to the requirements previously set forth. While minimum requirements are listed, please provide specific details about your plan to host this event including the following: the courses in which you are planning to use (along with any planned upgrades for these courses prior to the tournament or any temporary setups which will be used during the tournament), the exact format which you intend to use for the tournament, your goal for additional fundraising for this event, any events outside of the actual competition which will be made available for competitors, and any other relevant information.

This event will be awarded based on which submission best displays the ambition to provide the highest quality championship possible, which site offers the best collection of courses appropriate for this event, and which location provides the most access for the largest number of Southern Nationals players.

If you would like to submit a bid to host this event, please post it here or send it to a member of the board. My e-mail address is caseydancox@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2014 04:48PM by cox3.
Re: Now Accepting 2015 SNDC Bids!
March 31, 2014 05:01PM
We have decided to set the deadline for 2015 SNC bids as Sunday, May 11th at 11:59 pm.

If you would like to be considered for multiple SNCs, that is not a problem. We will select the SNPC site 1st, followed by the SNAC, and then the SNDC. If multiple cities submit a bid for the SNPC, for instance, we will communicate with the one(s) not selected to see if they would like to be considered for the other(s) before continuing the selection process.

We ask that each location please consider the possibility of hosting a championship. It is a very good opportunity to showcase your city to a variety of people who might not otherwise get to experience what you get to experience all the time. We do understand that some locations might not have the resources to do so, however. The SNDC might be a good option for a location with less resources or experience in hosting a larger event. As I said, it is definitely something for each community to consider in the coming weeks even if the final decision is to not submit a bid. Do not hesitate to contact a board member with any questions that you may have.

Thank you all very much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 05:03PM by cox3.
May 07, 2014 12:10PM
Deadline for submissions is 4 days away! Be sure to talk to your local club this weekend about the possibility of hosting an SN championship!
May 12, 2014 12:09PM
Has this been decided where it will be? Or are we in moving the deadline up?

Lecy
May 12, 2014 12:34PM
Dirtyoljim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has this been decided where it will be? Or are we
> in moving the deadline up?
>
> Lecy

Bidding is closed. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
May 12, 2014 12:56PM
Who got it?

BMB
May 12, 2014 01:07PM
Patience grasshopper. The board has had no discussions regarding host sites since bidding ended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox

May 22, 2014 04:45PM
The other five members of the board have unanimously voted to select this bid for the SNDC. Furthermore, there were no other volunteers to host the event. I just wanted to point those two items out in order to not have anyone assume a conflict of interest.

2015 Southern National Doubles Championship
Official Bid

Dates: April 25-26, 2015
Tournament Director: Casey Cox

Courses (subject to change):

Flanacher Rd Park
Greenwood Park
- 20 minute drive between courses
- The host hotel will likely be in Zachary (located 10 minutes from each course)

All courses will be within parks operated by the East Baton Rouge Parish parks department (BREC). As such, they will all receive professional maintenance prior to the event. Additionally, each will receive special attention from the members of the Baton Rouge disc golf community in order to ensure that they are each at their most presentable state. All baskets will be double chained and it is my goal that no natural surface tees will be used (additional construction required).

Format/Schedule (subject to change):

4 rounds of 18-21 holes for all competitors
2 pools of players

- Exact format for individual rounds will be announced at a later date

- Additional schedule information regarding items such as registration, players meetings, tee times, lunches, field/skill events, a players party, an awards ceremony, etc. will be provided at a later date

Prizes

- Each competitor will receive a players pack which will include a tournament shirt and other additional items

- 50% of each division (not to exceed 50% if there are an odd number of competitors) will be paid in cash (for pros) or merchandise (for amateurs)

- The payout in each division will be equal to or greater than 110% of the series fees and entry fees collected

- Trophies or plaques will be awarded for 1st-3rd place in each division

Casey Cox

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2014 04:46PM by cox3.
Re: 2015 SNDC Host: Baton Rouge, LA
May 22, 2014 05:45PM
Why no highland ?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
May 22, 2014 06:30PM
If Highland has tee pads and tee signs in 9 months, I will likely use it. In my opinion, the tee boxes are not worthy of competition, especially a championship. Additionally, the tournament will be easier to run logistically using only the north side of the parish.

Casey Cox

May 22, 2014 10:32PM
Highland gold is among one of the top courses in the state. I am sorry I don't understand the logic not to use it, but I am not involved in the event. I was just making a observation. I know Baton Rouge will put their best foot forward and host a great event!

LA Cote Disc Golf Course will sponsor a Ben Franklin for the 2015 SNDC.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
May 23, 2014 10:31AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Highland gold is among one of the top courses in
> the state. I am sorry I don't understand the
> logic not to use it, but I am not involved in the
> event. I was just making a observation. I know
> Baton Rouge will put their best foot forward and
> host a great event!
>
> LA Cote Disc Golf Course will sponsor a Ben
> Franklin for the 2015 SNDC.

I understand. Trust me, I love Highland. I hope that it is restored to a presentable state in the near future.

Thank you very much for your pledged sponsorship, Keith! Thanks for always supporting disc golf everywhere!

Casey Cox

May 23, 2014 09:15PM
Thank you Casey and Baton Rouge
You will represent Louisiana and the SN well.
Looking forward to playing it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Dex
Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013