Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kudos to Kevin Weiss

Posted by ArcHyzer 
Kudos to Kevin Weiss
February 23, 2014 12:03PM
Even though Kevin Weiss took me to the woodshed in Grandmasters at the BOB, I do have to give him kudos to donating his winnings back to I assume the Boy Scouts.
He definitely should be in the running for SN sportsman of the year.
This is in striking contrast to the winner in a December tournament I played who is still probably complaining about his payout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 12:04PM by ArcHyzer.
Re: Kudos to Kevin Weiss
February 24, 2014 04:12PM
Hey David that's awesome for Kevin to be generous and donate his winnings but why throw Dean Peifer under the bus because he was unhappy after driving a few hundred miles for a guaranteed payout that wasn't met? Dean is one of the nicest guys in disc golf. People aren't always happy when they get shafted a few hundred dollars, I don't care who you are!
February 24, 2014 04:22PM
^^^agree.probably girlys nicest post ever

BMB
February 24, 2014 04:24PM
Nobody ever used the word "guaranteed", I believe the words "as it sits now" where the words used and an explanation that it was subject to change

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 04:26PM by niklpenny.
February 24, 2014 09:56PM
So tell me how it was "$500 as it sits now for first" with 4 people signed up and when 8+ people played payout was only around $250 for first? A "as it sits now" payout should only increase with the more fee, not decrease. Your lame 2 bit excuse was "I gave all the money to dynamic discs, they did a payout, blame them". You should co-TD a tournament with Tony Bass.

By the way I am still waiting on that $1,000 round of golf you challenged me to.
February 25, 2014 02:53AM
Simple Payout Math(a guide for Dillon):
Constant=Pro payout 50% of Field
Constant=Added Cash
Variable=Field size
Variable=Entry Collected-Fee's

Now that we have defined our parameters let's explain:

If 4 people enter the event, only 2 will get paid, with first place getting the lions share or entry's and added cash.
If 8 people enter the event, now 4 will get paid, this will reduce the amount first place gets paid and increase the amount for 2nd place, while adding in 3rd and 4th place payouts as well. Although the entries collected has doubled the added cash value remains the same. Here is an example to help you understand:

$250 added cash
4 players $200 collected
$450 total
1st place $360
2nd place &90

$250 added cash
8 players $400 collected
$650 total

1st place $270
2nd place $205
3rd place $115
4th place $60

So as you can see adding more players does not in fact make the payout larger in some cases.

I am sorry Dean misunderstood my preview, in hindsight, just posting the added cash amount and refraining from giving monetary updates is probably best practice to avoid confusion. I spoke to him several times during the days leading up to the tournament, evening offering him a place to stay during the event. I wish this topic had come up so I could have clarified it for him, as I too think he is a really nice guy as well and I felt really bad that there was this miscommunication.

So Enough of that,
Kevin you are a good dude, very generous, and always in good spirits. My hat goes off to you for your generosity.

David you are also a good dude, quick to point out the best in people, yet humble yourself.

Dillon, I have never really met you so all I have is your Online persona and your enormous bad reputation. Nobody has anything good to say about you no matter where I go. Is this the legacy you really want to leave behind? It is easy to sit behind a computer and voice unearned opinions. Instead of spending your days trolling Tournament Directors like myself or Tony Bass etc...Why don't you get up and promote the sport, run a tournament, start a league, etc...instead of trying to point out the mistakes and short comings of others when you yourself have made plenty of mistakes, why don't you help your fellow golfer and teach them the right way, offer advice not criticism, provided suggestions not opinions, and don't beat them down when things go wrong, instead offer encouragement by pointing out what went right. It's time for you to stop whining, grow up, and become part of the solution that will grow the sport, instead of part of the drama that is stunting it.

P.S. I play for Team Trilogy which only recognizes PDGA events, so I only play larger Southern Nationals events, very doubtful I will have cause to go to Tupelo. But I will make you a Deal, if you wanna come here and challenge me on all 36 holes, I will accept. If you win I'll cover your gas, lunch, and pay $10 per stroke you beat me by. If I win, you pay me $5 a stroke, and you gotta hold up a sign that says "I lost to Niklpenny" and take a picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 02:54AM by niklpenny.
February 25, 2014 09:17AM
So Ryan, you saying Tupelo has no large events?

You probably need to remain on Dillon's toes and stay off of mine and others in Tupelo.

And thanks, you just answered our question about having one of those Trilogy events here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 09:22AM by hudd.
February 25, 2014 09:51AM
That is not what I said.....yet again.
I said I am going to "SOME" of the larger SN events...Honestly I thought you guys had quit the SN(I was wrong).
I said I am going to alot more PDGA events, which I now know Tupleo is running a PDGA event(yay).

As my Schedule is pretty much laid out, I was merely informing Mr. Gourley that I do not have Tupelo on my list.

Let's not get all butthurt

February 25, 2014 10:01AM
Ryan, go back and read the last paragraph of your post.

You may not have meant how it came across, but Zack's interpretation of what you wrote is a logical conclusion.
February 25, 2014 11:05AM
It's ok Adam... I consider the source. I spoke to him privately.
February 25, 2014 11:09AM
I wasn't aware Trilogy had a novice team.
February 25, 2014 08:03PM
He's also their DJ for special events.
February 25, 2014 09:34PM
Gourley looks like you should be moving n playing with big dogs!! Big advance win this past weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013