Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Scott Stokely's 2014 Throwing Clinics - What courses should I choose?
March 04, 2014 02:26AM
After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT

1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts
2. Who is the contact person at that course

--------------------------------------------------

EVENT DETAILS

*** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles.
*** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome.
*** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15.
*** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players.
*** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions.
*** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can

MY RESUME

1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone)
1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL)
2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw (511' 3" - Discraft XS)
1998-Current - World record for the fastest throw (91 mph - Discraft XL)
17 World and National Disc Golf Titles:
*** 2 World pairs titles
*** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles
*** 2 US Open Titles
*** 4 National pairs titles
*** 2 National Tough Shot Titles
*** 2 World Distance Titles
*** 2 US Open Distance Titles
37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle
Re: Scott Stokely's 2014 Throwing Clinics - What courses should I choose?
March 04, 2014 08:37AM
IMO you have a couple of choices for South Louisiana:
1.Lafayette is doing very good with disc golf with new and seasoned players and it is centrally located.
2. Lake Charles would be mostly new players because they are just getting disc golf started in that area of the state, but the local players/club are very committed to growing the sport in S.W. Louisiana and S.E. Texas.

Good Luck Scott! Glad you are back around!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 04, 2014 08:43AM
Tupelo Ms.. Zack Hudson zack.hudson@tecumseh.com
March 04, 2014 11:05AM
come to Mobile and do New Orleans .... Municipal in Mobile and City Park in NO ,,, two biggest disc golf communities in the deep south ... Memphis is a good choice as well ... good to see you back out!!!
March 04, 2014 12:34PM
I would suggest Lafayette for Louisiana. They have a really good player base and have been growing a lot the past 5 years. They are also more centrally located in the state than New Orleans making travel from other points more feasible. Jacques Giraud is their club president.

Jackson fits the same mold for Mississippi.

Mobile is definitely the largest player base in the deep south, however.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
March 04, 2014 12:53PM
Yea, for sure don't wanna use Tupelo, Ms. only got 1 9 hole course and 5 players playing.
March 04, 2014 01:35PM
y'all have 5 players now?!?!?!?! When did y'all add the other 3 holes?

hudd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea, for sure don't wanna use Tupelo, Ms. only got
> 1 9 hole course and 5 players playing.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 05, 2014 01:17PM
Scott I attended you clinic in Lafayette years ago. It helped my distance and accuracy tremendously. I still live here in Lafayette, and would love to attend another Stokely clinic. The other comment are correct, Lafayette has a great core group of guys that is doing all we can to help promote the sport all over the state of Louisiana. We have 3 courses at Acadiana Park using 36 baskets, a 18 hole course at PA Davis Park, a 18 hole course at Heymann Park, a 9 hole at Girard Park, and currently in the works to get another 18 hole course put in the ground at the Central Park / Horse Farm. Lots of new players coming out of the wood work and very eager to learn. I am sure that the ADGA and Flight Club would be eager to help promote another clinic here.

Plus it would be awesome to play a few rounds with you again!
March 05, 2014 05:29PM
Bud Hill would be great I remember the electrocution you got
March 08, 2014 05:23AM
Scott, Tupelo is a mecca for Disc Golf in NE MS with a strong support group in the Tupelo Disc Golf Assocation. Also, just 45 miles north on the Natchez Trace Parkway is Tishomingo State Park which boast three seperate Disc Golf Courses offering 56 holes of golf on the same property. Along with three well established annual tournaments. Large group of casual players who do not compete in tournaments.
March 08, 2014 08:37AM
Hey Scott, Glad Your Back; How's the bicep treating You?Oh This is Jack White... Has been a While, PM Me and We'll Talk!
March 19, 2014 01:18PM
Lloyd Wilkins - Jackson, MS - info@jacksondiscgolf.org

We would love for you to come down and host a clinic. We have a good following in Jackson and with proper notice and a realistic start time (i.e. not 2:00pm on a Thursday, most ppl have 9 to 5s) attendance would be good as well.

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
March 26, 2014 10:12AM
Just wanted to chime in and say I think it's fantastic that Scott Stokely is considering bringing this opportunity to Louisiana. Everyone has a different learning process and the more opportunities that are available to Louisiana disc golfers the better for the sport and community.

We definitely appreciate the support being shown for our cause by SN members as well. Ideally both opportunities will be taken advantage of and sell out, and Louisiana can continue to progress and grow as a community of competitive disc golfers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013