Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Points editing

Posted by Gourley 
Points editing
May 10, 2014 04:29PM
Eric Day, or any other BOD member for that matter,

If and when you edit a tournament and reduce points you need to send a message and let someone know. All I know is that I am down over 20 points from 2 weeks ago. How do I know you didn't just delete some people off that tournament. Guess now there's no way to EVER know. You already gave yourself 2 TD points for a tournament, which is allowed... Probably only person to do it ever though.

All I know is I better not see no more shady ish with the points.

Bs.
Re: Points editing
May 10, 2014 04:31PM
Also, why you just now changing them in the last few weeks of the season? I have a screen shot showing how many I HAD.
May 10, 2014 07:26PM
Dillon, it is likely from doubles tournaments. As you pointed out a while back, some were giving a point for every team you beat and some were giving 2 points for every team you beat. I changed them all to giving only 1 point per team beat which is the way the handbook reads. It is possible that some singles tournaments could have been altered by 1 point here or there when I fixed some of them that were tallied wrong before but I doubt that would have much significant effect on anyone. Do you think that this is the answer to your points being reduced? I understand your frustration with your points being altered but I am confident that everything is correctly entered now-- your previous total was likely the total that was incorrect. If you see anything with any of your tournaments that you feel is incorrect please let me know. Thanks.

ETA: After looking at your list of tournaments, you have played in 7 doubles tournaments so I am 99% sure that explains your point reduction. I apologize that I can not tell you specifically which ones were previously awarding double points. I did not think it would be an issue and I did not keep a separate log of what tournaments needed editing. Out of the 16 doubles tournaments that have taken place this season, I would guess 5-7 of them were previously entered incorrectly. Once again, I can assure you that I had no intentions other than making everything uniform and as correct as possible.

Oh, and also, any editing that has been done lately was done by me not by Eric.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 07:39PM by cox3.
May 12, 2014 09:26AM
There is also a chance that any results that I fixed for You may have been reset if Casey fixed results. We each have a copy of the original excel, If I fix something then my copy is now different then his. So if he fixes something it changes what I fixed. Casey solved this issue in the future by doing everything on his own. If I get a name correction request I just fwd it to him and He fixes it.

Also, as far as the two points go. If it means that much to You that I have 2 points I will be happy to take them off. I did the same thing when I did results for the Back Bay Battle for Chuck Burdine. It is well within the rules and that rule has been in for quite some time now. I know I have done it in the past as well, so I can guarantee it is not the first time it has been used. Again it is 100% Your call on if You want me to take those 2 points off, please let Me know if You would like that to happen.
May 12, 2014 11:35AM
It's been used by more than just you, Eric. Before Dillon's time, it was fairly common for TD's to take advantage of that option.
May 12, 2014 04:32PM
If Dillhole says change it then by God change it! You don't want upset him, you never know what he might do to you. All he know is he better not see no more shady ish with the points.
May 12, 2014 09:41PM
^ lol at this guy.

Keep your two points Eric, I mean if you want to win that way... I mean I've got 3 DNFs and played Open in two tournaments due to no division , lol. Best of luck in the coming weeks.
May 13, 2014 12:34PM
Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^ lol at this guy.
>
> Keep your two points Eric, I mean if you want to
> win that way... I mean I've got 3 DNFs and played
> Open in two tournaments due to no division , lol.
> Best of luck in the coming weeks.

I'm not the one that's going to win, Sigler still has points scrambled. I might play one more weekend, but its is iffy If I can even do that, I got the Cup to worry about.
May 13, 2014 08:18PM
It was nice to know he had 50 points somewhere hidden in the hole...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013