Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 BOD Election Nomination

Posted by Eric Day 
2014 BOD Election Nomination
June 04, 2014 03:11PM
Seats 2, 4, and 6 are up for grabs this year. Remember You are running for a 2 year term ending Sept. 2016. Deadline for those wishing to run has yet to be set.

Departing BOD Member: Adam Morrow, Chuck Burdine, Eric Day

Section 3 of the "New" SN Handbook has everything pertaining to the election and voting process. Please PM Me or Email (Eday1022@aol.com) if you wish run for a seat on the BOD, this will help keep from anyone being unnoticed in the thread.

Section 3.0: Southern National Disc Golf Board of Directors

3.1 Board of Directors
3.1.2 The Southern National Disc Golf Tournament Series is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of six voting members and Jim Orum as honorary 7th seat, voting only as a tiebreaker.
3.1.1 There are six elected seats on the Board. Seats 2, 4, and 6 are elected in even numbered years. Seats 1, 3, and 5 are elected in odd numbered years.

3.2 Board Member Election
3.2.1 Election for no more than three opposed or resigning members is held once a year in accordance with this Section.
3.2.2 Election time line provides new members to be elected by and announced at the SNDG Pro Championship.

3.3 SNDG Board Member Eligibility
3.3.1 The individual must be a disc golf player or tournament director having earned two (2) points in the most recent SNDG season that ended prior to the voting closing date and be at least 18 years of age at the end of said season. Example that for the 2012 election, the individual must have earned two (2) SNDG points in the 2011-2012 SNDG Season.
3.3.2 The individual must have access to and use of the internet including E-mail and AOL Messenger for meetings and communication.

3.4 SNDG Voter Eligibility
3.4.1 Only persons who earned two (2) points in the most recent SNDG season that ended prior to the voting closing date or the current season of the voting closing date may vote. Example that for the person to be eligible to vote in the 2012 SNDG Board election the person must have earned two (2) SNDG points in the 2011-2012 or 2012-2013 SNDG season.

3.5 Board Member Nominees
3.5.1 Players interested in serving on the SNDG Board of Directors must declare by sending an e-mail including name, address, and phone number to the designated election coordinator. Declarations for Board Member will only be accepted and confirmed through e-mail. Midnight May 1 is the deadline for a player to declare. Results will be posted on the SNDG Forum.

3.5.2 Votes will be accepted via e-mail, pm or other established means and must include full name of voter. No nicknames will be accepted (i.e. - Banger, Treeknocker, or T-bone). The candidates for the SNDG Board of Directors will be posted on the SNDG Forum.
3.6 Board Member Candidates
3.6.1 Voting for candidates to serve on the SNDG Board will begin July 1.
3.6.2 Voting options will be made available at the SNDG Doubles Championship, SNDG Am Championship and the SNDG Pro Championship.
3.6.3 The SNDG Pro Championship second round two minute warning is the deadline for written ballots to be deposited in ballot boxes provided at the Championship.
3.6.4 The newly elected Board Members will be announced at the SNDG Pro Championship awards presentation and posted on the SNDG Forum.

3.7 Board Member Attendance
3.7.1 Any Board Member that misses 3 consecutive meetings may be removed from the Board of Directors by a unanimous vote in favor of removal by the remaining Board members. If 6 consecutive meetings are missed the Board Member will be automatically removed without a vote.

3.8 Board Member Conduct
3.8.1 Any Board Member whose conduct is detrimental to the SN series and the SN Board may be removed from the Board of Directors by a unanimous 5-0 vote in favor of removal by the remaining Board members. Example: a SN Board Member is disqualified from a SN sanctioned tournament.

3.9 Board Member Removal, Resignation or Demise
3.9.1 The removal, resignation or demise of a board member shall vacate the seat of the board member.
3.9.2 Upon an elected SN board member (seats 1-6) vacancy the remaining Board members will determine based on length of vacancy whether to fill the vacancy or wait until the next election.
3.9.2.1 If less than 6 months remains until the next SN Board election date the position shall remain empty.
3.9.2.2 If more than 6 months remains the board member will be replaced.
3.9.3 If the SN Board falls below four (4) active elected members an election will be held regardless of the time until the next election.
3.9.4 Additional elections to replace a vacant elected position will follow the same parameters as Section 3.3 through 3.6 but the timeline and dates will be condensed/ determined by the board.
3.9.5 The honorary 7th seat if vacated by Jim Orum will remain unfilled until the next election. The position will revert to a fully participating elected two (2) year position and will follow the election parameters as outlined above in determining a replacement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 02:40PM by Eric Day.
Re: 2014 BOD Election Nomination
June 05, 2014 07:56PM
I.m.o.We should give Casey a paid position .Seems to be a go getter

BMB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2014 07:58PM by BRIAN B.
June 08, 2014 07:56PM
What are the individual responsibilities of BoD seats 2,4, and 6?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
June 08, 2014 08:04PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are the individual responsibilities of BoD
> seats 2,4, and 6?

The same responsibilities apply to all seats. I am currently handling the treasurer duties and have a pretty good handle on tournament results as well. Other than those, all other duties are a collaborative effort and are basically done on a volunteer basis of who is most available and best suited for a particular job. All six spots are eligible to propose a motion to be voted upon and all six spots have an equal vote on proposals.

In other words, no particular duties are assigned to particular seats and a board member is free to do as much or as little as they think they are capable of doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
June 08, 2014 08:36PM
Are you sure? I thought some duties were assigned to seats some time back?

[www.facebook.com]
June 08, 2014 09:09PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Are you sure? I thought some duties were assigned
> to seats some time back?

Not that I am aware of... If so, I don't know where that information was recorded. We have not been operating in that manner for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox

June 08, 2014 09:53PM

In other words, no particular duties are assigned to particular seats and a board member is free to do as much or as little as they think they are capable of doing.

This isn't an indictment of the current or past boards but this continues to be THE underlying cause of MOST of the criticism that gets levied on the SN's leadership which in turn discourages many good people from volunteering to serve.
June 09, 2014 04:44PM
Not having assigned duties is like applying for a job and not knowing what the duties are. You get the job and no matter how hard you work you still get a rear-end chewing because you didn't do something. I would think people that want to help would have certain skill sets that would be helpful to the series. If they are good a scheduling and they don't schedule then their skill set is no good to help the series. IF, and this is a big IF, the series wants to survive, we have to assign duties to certain seats and encourage people with those skill sets to run for that seat. We know by continuing to do things the way we are is not helping the series.

GOOD LUCK!!!

[www.facebook.com]
June 09, 2014 09:19PM
A few of the current BOD members have done nothing but sit on their thumbs.
June 10, 2014 02:40PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Are you sure? I thought some duties were assigned
> to seats some time back?

That lasted about a month, multiple drop outs caused the board at that time to give up on that idea. It was brought up again but fizzled out.
June 10, 2014 04:06PM
It is really easy to just get on the board and then volunteer to do a task which features the skills that you possess. For instance, I knew that I am best with organization and statistical type of things so I volunteered to oversee the finances and have lately been helping out a lot with tournament results. Those are roles that I feel fit my strengths.

If someone else feels that they are skilled in media or public relations or sales, etc. then we could always use the skills which our board members possess and are willing to volunteer to best accomplish tasks.

My point is that even though not tasks are assigned to specific positions, we will always look to allow people to perform tasks in which they are most capable. No one is going to expect someone to oversee something that they are uncomfortable or ill-equipped to handle. It is best if someone just says "hey, I am experience/knowledgeable in this area, what can I do to take advantage of this skill?" Even if we don't currently have a project that requires that skill, we could always start a new project that does make use of it.

I always go back to the fact that this is a volunteer organization. No one is getting paid. It is important that someone is motivated to do something before they take responsibility for it. It is also important that we have a variety of skills so that tasks can be spread out among multiple individuals.

Casey Cox

July 02, 2014 01:29PM
I am definitely interested. Let me know what the next steps are.
July 03, 2014 02:17PM
As of now I believe Donnie McDoniell and Michael Gibney are the only two running. Let me know if You or anyone You know is planning on running.
July 25, 2014 09:21AM
Update on those running...

Michael Gibney
Donnie McDoniell
Nick Rhodes
August 19, 2014 11:25AM
The nomination process has closed, Michael Gibney, Donnie McDoniell, and Nick Rhodes will be joining Casey Cox, Johnathan Nyce, and Josh Brigan on the Board of Directors starting September 1st.
August 19, 2014 12:07PM
Will be joining them for what?

a block party?

dinner & a movie?

There hasn't been a BOD meeting in over 5 months. Way to keep us in the loop guys.

Anyone seen the points winners disc for this year? That disc design last year was laughable. That design last year was an insult to players who worked their tail off traveling to all these events to get a disc with a few chains on it, LOL.

Tell us, SN mighty gods, what can you do for us?
August 19, 2014 01:13PM
We all have seen problems with the current SN series. To ensure the survival of it we have to get everyone on the same page. That is exactly what I hope to accomplish. Sept 1st will bring forth a new board that I hope can usher the SN series into heights that it has yet to see.
August 19, 2014 04:42PM
August 20, 2014 01:52AM
Gourley Wrote:
> Will be joining them for what?
>
> a block party?
>
> dinner & a movie?
>
> There hasn't been a BOD meeting in over 5 months.
> Way to keep us in the loop guys.
>
> Anyone seen the points winners disc for this year?
> That disc design last year was laughable. That
> design last year was an insult to players who
> worked their tail off traveling to all these
> events to get a disc with a few chains on it,
> LOL.
>
> Tell us, SN mighty gods, what can you do for us?

We did away with the points disc. Now it's a points plaque, from the proofs I've seen they look pretty good but they haven't arrived yet for me to see in person.

Not sure if there will be official planned meetings in the future, we switched it up to continuous messaging through facebook and voted as things came up. It is way better for the speed of solving issues, but it is going to make it very hard to keep track of what the board is doing. I'm interested to see what the new board tries.
August 20, 2014 07:20AM
Wow. No points disc? Way to do away with that old SN tradition. Maybe a plaque and a disc? I guess that would be too much to ask for players who keep this series going. Maybe a free entry into a championship?

I guess I can look on the bright side, at least I won't be disappointed with horrible art work like last year's winners.

The whole problem with doing it thru messaging or on Facebook is that there isn't a log of what's happening. Who's to say 6 months from now someone forgets something or something is added but no one knows about it? Sort of like the points disc...

Maybe SN can stand for Surprise Nationals.
August 20, 2014 09:55AM
I like the idea of free entry into the SN Championship for the points winner!

[www.facebook.com]
Dex
August 20, 2014 10:42AM
Plaque and a free championship entry sounds like a good idea

The old SN Disc tradition pretty much sucked, the points winner disc were on the cheapest disc and not very appealing artwork. Also to win one you put in a lot of time, lot of travel, and whole lot of money

Good Riddance

Dex
August 20, 2014 11:56AM
Disc I got for 3rd Intermediate men in 2010-2011 was on a full Inn-color Star Roc with some of the best artwork I've ever seen on a disc.

Top 3 should get free entry into SNAC/SNPC.
Dex
August 20, 2014 12:24PM
Gourely; I stand corrected

Glad to see they upgraded, because they were nothing close to that whatsoever.

Dex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013