Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013-2014 End Of Year Awards

Posted by Eric Day 
2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 17, 2014 03:03PM
Please submit your nominations for the end of the year awards.

Pro Men Player of the Year
Pro Women's player of the year
Am Player of the Year
Am Women Player of the Year
Sportsman of the Year Award
Volunteer of the Year Award
TD of the Year Award
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 17, 2014 08:29PM
I guess someone should start the nominations off.

Pro Men Player of the year = Barrett Johnson
Pro Women's player of the year = Krystin Michelle Nowicki
Am Player of the Year = Thunder Schultz
Am Women Player of the Year = Sydney Key
Sportsman of the Year Award = Keith Bodin
Volunteer of the Year Award = Bill Tyler
TD of the Year Award = Phillip Hall
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 18, 2014 11:40AM
Pro Men player of the year Logan Weiss
Pro Woman of the year Mandy Sharp
Am Man of the year Kevin Psycho White
Am Woman of the year Michelle Graham
Sportsman of the year Tony Palmer
Volunteer of the year Keith Bodin
TD of the year Matthew Gardner
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 18, 2014 03:17PM
Pro Men = Logan Weiss
Pro Women = Madison Walker
Am Men = Thunder Schultz

I'm not around the south anymore but these are the names that seem to constantly show up.
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 18, 2014 06:53PM
Thanks hudd for the td nod. Means a lot
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 19, 2014 12:31PM
Pro Men- Barrett Johnson
Pro Women- Mandy Sharp
Am Men- Will Mcinnis
Am Women- Sydney Key
TD- Tony Bass
Sportsman- Caleb Huber
Volunteer- Kevin Weiss
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 21, 2014 09:20AM
I am nominating Zach Hudson for TD of the Year. Here's why:

Most times this award is given for recently run events. Those who have run tournaments year in and year out are the backbone of the series and have not been afforded the recognition they deserve. Zach has been the TD or Co-TD of no less than fifty-eight tournaments whose total value exceeded $148,000. Six of these where Championship events. I have competed in a bunch of them and I can attest that he does a first class job as TD. If you do the numbers he has averaged an event every two and a half months over the past decade and he has stepped up to TD the 2015 SN Pro Championship. The Southern Nationals has greatly benefited from Zach's years of dedication and leadership and he is worthy of being recognized and honored for his service.

The list of tournaments that Zach directed or co-directed is enumerated below.

2003 Mississippi State Doubles Championship
2003 OI Warrior Run Inaugural Event
2004 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2004 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2004 First Annual Cross Country Classic
2004 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
2004 2nd Annual Ol Warrior Run Tournament
2005 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2005 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2005 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
2005 Second Annual Cross Country Classic
2005 Huck Finn Open
2005 McDonalds Southern National Pro Championship
2005 Katrina Charity Tourney #1
2005 Eagle Crest Invitational
2005 Ol Warrior Run/Ballard Park Shootout
2006 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2006 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2006 Rock Bottom Open
2006 Third Annual Cross Country Classic
2006 Mississippi State Doubles Championship
2006 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship
2006 Rumble in the Jungle
2006 River Walk Classic
2007 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2007 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2007 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
2007 Rock Bottom Open
2007 Rumble in the Jungle
2007 River Walk Classic
2008 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2008 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2008 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
2008 Rock Bottom Open
2008 Rumble in the Jungle
2009 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2009 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles Tournament
2009 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
2009 Rock Bottom Open
2009 Rumble in the Jungle
2010 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
2012 April Fools Fling Doubles SNDC Fund Raiser
2012 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship
2013 Tupelo Ice Bowl
2013 Double Barrel Shootout
2013 Tombigbee Buzz Stinger Stampede
2013 Throw Mamma from the Tee Doubles
2013 Rock Bottom Open
2013 Southern National Amateur Championship
2013 Second Annual Michael Foradori Jr. Memorial
2014 Fourteenth Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl
2014 Fourteenth Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
2014 Tombigbee Buzz Stinger Stampede 2
2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #1
2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #2
2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #3 (Doubles)
2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #4
2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #5 (Doubles)

Respectfully submitted for the consideration of the Awards Committee,

Gary Wagoner



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 09:30AM by Gary Wagoner.
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 21, 2014 05:48PM
Pro Men Player of the Year-Barrett Johnson
Pro Women's player of the year-Charlie Swain
Am Player of the Year-Keith Osborne III
Am Women Player of the Year-Jennifer Cline
Sportsman of the Year Award-Roman Ryder
Volunteer of the Year Award-Joe Burback
TD of the Year Award-Jacques Girard

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 22, 2014 07:18AM
Pro Men Player of the Year - Barrett Johnson
Pro Women's player of the year - Betty Kennedy
Am Player of the Year - Kenny Keasler
Am Women Player of the Year - Sydney Key
Sportsman of the Year Award - Keith Bodin
Volunteer of the Year Award - Brad "RED" Adcock
TD of the Year Award- as always "SOUTHSIDE"

Michelle "Snap"





pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 23, 2014 10:52PM
Pro Men Player of the Year -Logan Weiss
Pro Women's player of the yearKrystin Nowicki
Am Player of the YearKevin Psycho White 21 out of 22 top 3
Am Women Player of the YearMichelle Graham
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 09:08AM
He's been running quality events since I've been playing.
This past season he ran the 3rd biggest event payout in the SN all while having two kids, a wife, and going to college to become a math teacher. There is no one more deserving this year than...

TD of the Year Award - Matthew Gardner
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 10:25AM
I agree with Gary Wagoner on this (a lot of research for the numbers).
Thanks for the reminder as to what Zack does in his "spare time" for us.
I would also submit TD of the Year - Zack Hudson

Question for the board,
Is it possible to get a list of past recipients of each award and the year?

Thanks
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 10:43AM
Season Pro Male
2012-2013 Doug Williams
2011-2012 Matt Orum
2010-2011 Jon Fox
2009-2010 Jon Fox
2008-2009 John Fowler
2007-2008 John Fowler
2006-2007 John Fowler
2005-2006 Todd Alexander
2004-2005 Tony Bass
2003-2004 Matt Orum
2002-2003 Ronnie Adams
2001-2002 Eric Tracy

Season Pro Female
2012-2013 Lynn Day
2011-2012 Michelle Cornelius
2010-2011 Michelle Cartwright
2009-2010 Lynn Day
2008-2009 Leslie Zurowski
2007-2008 Michelle Cartwright
2006-2007 Leslie Zurowski
2005-2006 Addie Isbell
2004-2005 Robin Adams

Season Am Male
2012-2013 Chad Sherbert
2011-2012 Philip Tait
2010-2011 Robby Harris
2009-2010 Jeff Martin
2008-2009 Jamie Massengale
2007-2008 Casey Cox
2006-2007 Leo Otto
2005-2006 Willie Waite
2004-2005 Tim Orr/Kevin Irwin
2003-2004 Kary Rogers

Season Am Female
2012-2013 Angela Irby
2011-2012 Dee Dee Fussner
2010-2011 Vicki Palmer
2009-2010 Cristin Bolt
2008-2009 Mandy Sharp
2007-2008 Stacey Perry
2006-2007 ?????
2005-2006 Shannon Simmons
2004-2005 Marla Lenox

Season Sportsman
2012-2013 Steve McKay
2011-2012 Brooks Newell
2010-2011 John Fowler
2009-2010 Robby Uhrman
2008-2009 ?????
2007-2008 Danny Daniels
2006-2007 Bill Tyler
2005-2006 K.C. Heckathorn
2004-2005 John Linton
2003-2004 Jeff Tannehill/Jimmy Cutler
2002-2003 David Dunham
2001-2002 Joey Van Duzee/Lori Maxwell
2000-2001 Wally Free

Season TD
2012-2013 Jacques Giraud
2011-2012 Southside
2010-2011 Zac Lambrecht
2009-2010 Allan Morrow
2008-2009 John Kittrell
2007-2008 Will Timmons
2006-2007 Chris LaSonde

Season Volunteer
2012-2013 Zack Hudson
2011-2012 Bill Tyler
2010-2011 Brad Adcock
2009-2010 Kevin Pelton
2008-2009 Beth Corey
2007-2008 Willie Waite
2006-2007 Robert MacDonald
2005-2006 Jack White
2004-2005 Will Timmons
2003-2004 John Kittrell
2002-2003 Brian Moon
2001-2002 Mike Preston
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 02:01PM
Joey Ingle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with Gary Wagoner on this (a lot of
> research for the numbers).
> Thanks for the reminder as to what Zack does in
> his "spare time" for us.
> I would also submit TD of the Year - Zack Hudson
>
> Question for the board,
> Is it possible to get a list of past recipients of
> each award and the year?
>
> Thanks

I agree!!!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 02:02PM
Gary Wagoner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am nominating Zach Hudson for TD of the Year.
> Here's why:
>
> Most times this award is given for recently run
> events. Those who have run tournaments year in
> and year out are the backbone of the series and
> have not been afforded the recognition they
> deserve. Zach has been the TD or Co-TD of no less
> than fifty-eight tournaments whose total value
> exceeded $148,000. Six of these where
> Championship events. I have competed in a bunch
> of them and I can attest that he does a first
> class job as TD. If you do the numbers he has
> averaged an event every two and a half months over
> the past decade and he has stepped up to TD the
> 2015 SN Pro Championship. The Southern Nationals
> has greatly benefited from Zach's years of
> dedication and leadership and he is worthy of
> being recognized and honored for his service.
>
> The list of tournaments that Zach directed or
> co-directed is enumerated below.
>
> 2003 Mississippi State Doubles Championship
> 2003 OI Warrior Run Inaugural Event
> 2004 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2004 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2004 First Annual Cross Country Classic
> 2004 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
> 2004 2nd Annual Ol Warrior Run Tournament
> 2005 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2005 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2005 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
> 2005 Second Annual Cross Country Classic
> 2005 Huck Finn Open
> 2005 McDonalds Southern National Pro Championship
> 2005 Katrina Charity Tourney #1
> 2005 Eagle Crest Invitational
> 2005 Ol Warrior Run/Ballard Park Shootout
> 2006 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2006 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2006 Rock Bottom Open
> 2006 Third Annual Cross Country Classic
> 2006 Mississippi State Doubles Championship
> 2006 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship
> 2006 Rumble in the Jungle
> 2006 River Walk Classic
> 2007 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2007 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2007 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
> 2007 Rock Bottom Open
> 2007 Rumble in the Jungle
> 2007 River Walk Classic
> 2008 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2008 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2008 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
> 2008 Rock Bottom Open
> 2008 Rumble in the Jungle
> 2009 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2009 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl Survivors Doubles
> Tournament
> 2009 Wall Doxey Dogwood Spring Open
> 2009 Rock Bottom Open
> 2009 Rumble in the Jungle
> 2010 Wall Doxey Ice Bowl
> 2012 April Fools Fling Doubles SNDC Fund Raiser
> 2012 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship
> 2013 Tupelo Ice Bowl
> 2013 Double Barrel Shootout
> 2013 Tombigbee Buzz Stinger Stampede
> 2013 Throw Mamma from the Tee Doubles
> 2013 Rock Bottom Open
> 2013 Southern National Amateur Championship
> 2013 Second Annual Michael Foradori Jr. Memorial
> 2014 Fourteenth Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl
> 2014 Fourteenth Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl
> Survivors Doubles
> 2014 Tombigbee Buzz Stinger Stampede 2
> 2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #1
> 2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #2
> 2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #3 (Doubles)
> 2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #4
> 2014 Mid-south Spring Tour Event #5 (Doubles)
>
> Respectfully submitted for the consideration of
> the Awards Committee,
>
> Gary Wagoner

We said Gary!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 24, 2014 09:18PM
I'm pretty sure most of these golfers have already been nominated above, but I just wanted to put my vote in.

Pro Woman - Mandy Sharp
Am Men - "Psycho" White
Am Woman - Sydney Key
Sportsman - DeeDee Fussner
Volunteer - Bill Tyler

TD is a tough choice between Zack Hudson and Matthew Gardner, both of these guys ran exceptional tournaments this year! Zack ran a great 2013 SNAC, and Matt ran an amazing Civil War series! Both men are very well deserving of 2014 TD of the Year.
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
June 26, 2014 01:19PM
Lyle Weston for sportsman.

BMB
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 01, 2014 03:15PM
Ken Keller for Advanced Masters and Kristin Butz for Am Women player of the year
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 01, 2014 06:45PM
Open- Barrett Johnson
Pro Women- DeeDee Fussner
Am Men - Eric Day
Am Womem - Sydney Key
Sportsman - Brooks Newell
Volunteer - Chris Downey
TD - Zach Hudson
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 08, 2014 01:11PM
Pro men Barrett J
Pro W Mandy S
Am men Thunder Shultz
Am W Angela Irby
Td Zack Hudson
Sportsman Lyle Weston
Volunteer Bill Tyler
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 08, 2014 03:15PM
My vote for Lyle was a joke

BMB
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 20, 2014 07:51PM
Pro Men-Barrett
Pro Women- Krystin Nowicki
Am Men-Trey Camp and its not close lol
Am Women-Sydney Key
Sportsman-Dillon Gourley, you have to be a good sport to donate that often!
TD- Matt Gardner..... no brainer
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
July 29, 2014 12:31PM
Definitely ERIC DAY for Am Men of the Year!!

Who is Trey Camp.. First year in SN, plays advanced and Placed First or Second in all Nine events played (that is NOT Am Men of the Year more like Bagger of the year.. MOVE UP!! lol JK!! Promise ;)

Michelle "Snap"





pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
August 31, 2014 05:08PM
Winners?
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
August 31, 2014 08:37PM
Pro Men - Barrett Johnson
Pro Women - Krystin Nowicki and DeeDee Fussner
Am Men - Charles Zalopany
Am Woman - Sydney Key
Sportsman - Travis Reynolds
Volunteer - Danny & Barbara Daniels
TD - Matthew Gardner
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
August 31, 2014 10:39PM
A guy who played 13 tournaments won AM men? How can the players petition this pick?
Re: 2013-2014 End Of Year Awards
August 31, 2014 11:00PM
Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A guy who played 13 tournaments won AM men? How
> can the players petition this pick?


He played events in Int and Adv. plus he had a couple with misspelled names.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013